Post by Schooly D »

Where is my VOOT for XBLA?

Who from this board will be getting it?
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Re: It's April

Post by VR-Eli »

I would assume everyone hehe. Considering some of the life stories people here have posted, and how we've all dedicated our lives to some degree to this game, I think it's safe to say we're all addicts.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

evenpar123 wrote:Where is my VOOT for XBLA?
Outrun has to come out first, that's due on the 15th (I think) then VO:OT sometime after it.
evenpar123 wrote:Who from this board will be getting it?
Do you really not know the answer to that one? :o
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Dreamcazman wrote:Do you really not know the answer to that one? :o
No joke, some people posting on this board don't have 360s and don't plan on getting one.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

it's true, i live in a dorm, so the internet is absolutely terrible, my brother has one though, so when i go home for the summer, i'll try and buy it.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

I'm still planning on getting it. :)
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I bought a 360 just for it.

That was also the reason I got a dreamcast...(was pretty much a playstation fanboy before I heard about virtual on oratorio tangram)

Not having memory is starting to bite me though, I rented gears of war 2, and having to start over, and over, and over....ugh, I got ripped off too, $6.00 for 5 days...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

*hangs self* This thread should be private...jsut for people getting the game. XD! I'm not...because im not getting a 360. Sure, i'll probably talk a friend/roommate into getting it, but I myself won't be getting it.

Tough life, huh? Haha
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

That was also the reason I got a dreamcast...(was pretty much a playstation fanboy before I heard about virtual on oratorio tangram)

Not having memory is starting to bite me though, I rented gears of war 2, and having to start over, and over, and over....ugh, I got ripped off too, $6.00 for 5 days...
I got the dreamcast bcos of it. Theres a few times i wonder if I made the right choice in getting 360, bcos it just so happens all my fighting game fds play on ps3. I also went legit, instead of taking adv of the modding ppl r doing. Never imagined it would come out on 360 which is a real blessing. :D

Gears of wars 2 is worth a buy. Well, if you r going to play online with VOOT, u will need pay for a XBL gold membership. So playing Gears 2 online makes it worth ur bucks. If u like fighting games, Blazeblue (like Guiltygear) will eventually come on June.
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

I already had my DC, but I bought a modchip and the JPN version of VO:OT from Lik-sang when they were around. I got my twin sticks from a local import shop sometime after for $150AUD, then sold them on eBay for twice what I paid!

Then I picked up a brand spanking new pair of twin sticks when I was in Japan a few years ago for like $50-$60AUD. What a steal!
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Davo87 wrote:

I got the dreamcast bcos of it. Theres a few times i wonder if I made the right choice in getting 360, bcos it just so happens all my fighting game fds play on ps3. I also went legit, instead of taking adv of the modding ppl r doing. Never imagined it would come out on 360 which is a real blessing. :D

Gears of wars 2 is worth a buy. Well, if you r going to play online with VOOT, u will need pay for a XBL gold membership. So playing Gears 2 online makes it worth ur bucks. If u like fighting games, Blazeblue (like Guiltygear) will eventually come on June.
BlazBlue looks awesome. It is coming out for PS3 too though, right? It better be damn it!

On topic - Anyone have any idea why SEGA is making this a Microsoft exclusive? Thnik M$ flashed them the big bucks and convinced them they'd make more by limiting it to just their console, versus also doing it on the PS3? It's not like the game costs extra to make available elsewhere...it's a digital download...SEGA would've done better to put it on on both systems, if you ask me.(Or maybe that's just me whinning haha)
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

It's probably some licensing thing or another...then there's the fact that each online system requires it's own conversion (xbox compatible content isn't exactly plug and play with ps3), add the development time and costs (or in this case adaptation), the fact that the 360 readily has a "global" network system (to my knowlage, the wii's is region based, and the ps3's system depends on the game/media...i think, not too sure personally)

Lets consider also that everything's being handled by Microsoft's xbox live system...as far as I know, playstation network doesn't have a dedicated system for handling online games, a separate system is needed, usually either client/server coding in game, or the developers make the server, and all game copies are clients.

And of course....we now know there are at least 1 million xbox 360's in japan, not a high number when stacked against the ps3 or wii, but considering the number in the usa and other countries, compared to the ps3 or wii (though i'm sure the wii is up there...), considering everything, it all kinda makes sense....sort of.

Of course, theres probably a few points where i'm dead wrong...so take that how you will, it's not total fact.

circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

A. Wii has it's controller, we've already discussed the pros and cons to this.
B. Microsoft probably did buy it, they're smart
C. this game requires reliable internet, a thing XB360 has offered.
D. Peripherals.
E. Playstation killed the dreamcast- revenge?
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

circuscommando wrote:A. Wii has it's controller, we've already discussed the pros and cons to this.
D. Peripherals.
A. you people have obviously never tried playing the pc version of OMG with the wii-remote script, it's actually quite accurate, and could probrably be tweeked for further accuracy.

B. Probably

C. Point

D. Point, but could go to any system.

E. Dosen't explain Marz's release on the ps2.

Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

circuscommando wrote:A. Wii has it's controller, we've already discussed the pros and cons to this.
D. Peripherals.
A. No comment
B. Wouldn't surprise me.
C. Good point
D. Could be on any system
E. Possibly. btw @ Testament, Mars wasn't on DC (VO:OT was) so that's kind of a moot point.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

true, but still, if sega wanted revenge, why release "any" vo on a sony system? or any sega game for that matter...

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:true, but still, if sega wanted revenge, why release "any" vo on a sony system? or any sega game for that matter...
Yea it's funny how i've turned into a Sony fan...sorta. Even though they aided in the destruction of SEGA...I support them, somewhat. Nintendo all the way though! As far as revenge goes...SEGA doesn't want to mess with Sony...they could have even worse reprocutions than them dying. *dun dun duunnnnn*
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

well, technically sega is semi-protected...

There's a reason it's called Sega/Sammy now...

Though, Sega/Sammy/Sony sounds much worse :P

(not to hate on sammy, i like the work that company does ^^)

RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Heck yea, Sammy rocks. :P But how much protection is that, really? lol

>_>
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Considering Sammy produces it's own arcade hardware? solid to semi-solid protection in my best guess.