bro's going to Japan

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

bro's going to Japan

Post by circuscommando »

yeah, my brother is going to japan, and i already have some friends there, i'm going to see if he can pick up a bunch of cheap twin sticks while he's there. he may or may not do it, but if he brought back over 3-4 (probably not) then i would be willing to sell cheap to the modders out there.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: bro's going to Japan

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

circuscommando wrote:yeah, my brother is going to japan, and i already have some friends there, i'm going to see if he can pick up a bunch of cheap twin sticks while he's there. he may or may not do it, but if he brought back over 3-4 (probably not) then i would be willing to sell cheap to the modders out there.
IF this happens, "and i understand that it's a huge if, at this point" whould myself be able to reserve a set?
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

menth definitely, as he's stuck this website out for 10 years, and yeah, but you gotta contact me about it, there's the shipping and all that crap.

hit it though. the 'If' factor is enormous.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

ok guys! i got the word from my brother that he will buy the controllers if:
-i give him money ahead of time.
-he knows where to buy them

anyone know where to buy Control sticks cheap in japan?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

circuscommando wrote:anyone know where to buy Control sticks cheap in japan?
Honestly I don't know. Plus if I did, I'd have them already. :)
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Not I. Sorry, Circus. =/
"Nuh uh uh"
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I would not know, however, to the best of my knowledge there should be quite a few arcade parts centric shops in or around Akihabara district Tokyo, as well as other places throughout. I know thats not very specific, but never having been to japan, i'd not be able to point out a specific store.....though that is certainly a good first start...

Oh, there's this one used/retro game store called "super potato" that has a ton of used saturn and dreamcast stuff, I dunno if twinsticks are on the menu, but it's worth a look no? It's in Akihabara, though I don't exactly have a set of directions, sorry.

As menthol Moose once pointed out, twinsticks are much more readily available in japan then anywhere else, so the supply/demand ratio should be a tad more lenient. Used/retro game shops of any kind are sure bets. I suppose one could go to sega arcades, or arcades with vo machines, and politely ask around, maybe find some info as to the arcade counterparts?
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

Look in Akihabara for sure, there are a few good second hand shops there, called Trade if I'm not mistaken. The way the Japanese look after their stuff, most of the second hand gear will be like new.

Also, check out the side streets near Akihabara. There are a heap of smaller type shops and stalls selling gaming gear.