VirtualOn.Org

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

VirtualOn.Org

Post by Schooly D »

Now that FORCE is almost here (it's not released yet, right?) I kind of feel like VO.org needs to be updated. But currently it's backed by custom code made from scratch, which is a real chore to update or do anything with. So I'm planning on taking the site down and putting up a CMS like Drupal in its place. That should make it a lot easier to add info and features to the site.

But before I do anything, I thought I'd check here and ask for ideas. What would you want to see in a bona fide Virtual-On website? What kind of game data, what kind of videos, what kind of fan material, etc.

Also keep in mind the site isn't supposed to compete with this forum. I just think we need a solid website that hosts Virtual-On info in an easily navigable and accessible fashion.

Info, picture galleries, video galleries, guides? What do you guys want to see from a VO site?

I know Drupal has a module that does pretty slick tournament bracket integration. For the 3 people here who view VOOT as a competitive game and would participate in a tournament, that might be something to think about.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Re: VirtualOn.Org

Post by Temjin747K »

Put in information about the Bosses of VO series and such and how they came to be and strategies on how to beat them and all that junk and pictures too
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Is there a newer version of this data out there anywhere? Probably not, if there is, that'd be nice.

So basically, I have no ideas. The problem is with demand, not supply :cry:. As such, I think it'd be better without a forum component since there are so few of us and we already post here.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

A centralized special technique list where everyone chips in their knowledge would be nice (instant lasers, doi-2, nagoya input and stuff). I know a few of us know some special tricks and have shared some of them here and there across this forum.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

DeepInTheHops wrote:Is there a newer version of this data out there anywhere? Probably not, if there is, that'd be nice.

So basically, I have no ideas. The problem is with demand, not supply :cry:. As such, I think it'd be better without a forum component since there are so few of us and we already post here.
Yeah, I agree. we could have discussions and stuffs here, and then posts the outcome and findings on the site. Pretty much a FAQ site with pictures/videos/old guides and the latest news, i guess.