Who'd be up for a theoretical Chicago VOOT tourney in May?

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Who'd be up for a theoretical Chicago VOOT tourney in May?

Post by Sixfortyfive »

So I've been getting pretty heavily into Capcom fighters as of late and am planning to make the drive out to some MvC3 tournaments next year. One of those happens to be Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 7 in Chicago during the last weekend of May. The organizer of this tournament happens to be open to the idea of holding a VOOT event during this tournament, but only if substantial interest is there for it.

Now, neither he nor I expect there to be enough interest to justify a dedicated VOOT tournament, but even though this is a long shot I figure it's worth it to ask you guys: If such a thing were to go down at UFGT7, would you be up for it? How many of us could be reasonably expected to show for such an event? How many of you guys are midwesterners?

An in-person, offline VOOT gathering would be pretty baller in any case, so even if a tourney isn't in the cards I'll probably have my 360 in tow for casuals if the situation arises.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Re: Who'd be up for a theoretical Chicago VOOT tourney in Ma

Post by neoKEN »

Probably not me.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

I'm down.

But sufficient interest can't be rounded up from the people here. It would have to be generated from others in the fighting game scene.

Would it be possible to have VOOT as an exhibition? A short aside in-between larger fighting games?
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Sure. I've gone to Chicago to play shmups a few times, so why not VOOT?

But yeah, like Schooly said... good luck getting enough people. It's hard enough getting people to gather online at a specific date/time. ;)