Hori twin stick controller - bolt ability

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Some_Nob
Gamertag: Some Nob 360

Hori twin stick controller - bolt ability

Post by Some_Nob »

I am wondering if the Hori twin stick controller can be bolted down without drilling into it? Does it have treads on the underside of it? The force edition is the one I will be ordering - can anyone confirm if it has them in either the new model or previous hx3-50. Cheers
~~~~~~~~~~
Don't argue with an idiot! They will lower your intelligence to their level, then beat you with experience.

GT:Some_Nob 360
VR:Fei Yen Kn
VO4: TBA

Australia, Brisbane - a founding member of BrisVOC - for VOOM(OMG).
~~~~~~~~~~
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Hori twin stick controller - bolt ability

Post by MentholMoose »

This would be good to know. Any TSEX owners care to chime in??

I think the rubber feet are attached by screws, so those screw holes might be usable for securing to a table. The best pic I could find of the base is from a video (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm9022417), here:
TSEX base
TSEX base
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Hey menthol, i know your the last person on this site that "needs" them, per-se, but i'm surprised you don't have a set by now....
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:Hey menthol, i know your the last person on this site that "needs" them, per-se, but i'm surprised you don't have a set by now....
I was close to buying them, but they are very pricey, and indeed I don't need them considering I already have both modded DC and arcade Twin Sticks. I would rather build another set of modded arcade Twin Sticks for about the same price. Or, I could build 2-3 sets of modded DC Twin Sticks.
MentholMoose
Some_Nob

Post by Some_Nob »

Well from what I read - these are based same distance from the orginal VOOM cabinet, could someone tell me if they are the same shape. MM - you lucky you had DC to play on - Here in Australia DC wasnt a big thing and had to be specially ordered.

If I gonna get on VOOT - for me it has to be with the twin sticks. - Im considering building a fixed monitor and such to make a personal cabinet for 1. Though this all started out by my sudden quest to find a VOOM machine here in brisbane and my stumble on this forum, I wish I found a year ago.

So far - I found a couple of VOOM in the states but the shipping alone is what is gonna kill me (more expense to ship that buying a twin hori stick + xbox + monitor and seat + game + live) and then the cabinet is on top of that.

Anyhow - just recover from this flood first (no flood damage thank god, but some loss in business due to a near week of black out + the area is now in recovery = less business).

Though damn this Itch to play a VR is bad... ;)

Nob.

PS one again , thank you all for your valuable information.
~~~~~~~~~~
Don't argue with an idiot! They will lower your intelligence to their level, then beat you with experience.

~~~~~~~~~~
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Some_Nob wrote:Well from what I read - these are based same distance from the orginal VOOM cabinet, could someone tell me if they are the same shape.
If you mean the actual sticks (the plastic levers), they are definitely not the same shape as VOOM sticks, rather they are like VOOT sticks. The Saturn, DC, and arcade VOOT/Force sticks are actually all identical, with only the base differing, so you can freely swap the sticks among the three. You cannot do this swap with the Hori TSEX since the internals of the sticks are not identical, but externally they are similar. The prototype TSEX had completely different sticks which were just the standard ones for the Sanwa arcade sticks they were using, but after people complained they changed them.
MentholMoose
Some_Nob

Post by Some_Nob »

One last question (I hope) - I seem to read reference to VOOT being purchased via xbox live - can someone confirm this - so basically you d/l via net to the xbox yes? I have found a set of sticks and also VO force but no VOOT.

Thanks in advance

Nob.
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Some_Nob wrote:One last question (I hope) - I seem to read reference to VOOT being purchased via xbox live - can someone confirm this - so basically you d/l via net to the xbox yes? I have found a set of sticks and also VO force but no VOOT.

Thanks in advance

Nob.
Yes, VOOT can be purchased off of the Xbox Live marketplace and downloaded to your sytstem. It's download only, meaning you won't find it on a disk.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
Some_Nob

Post by Some_Nob »

Thanks for that, I just read that somewhere last night too. Would explain why I couldn't find any VOOT on xbox on ebay.

Ok, for the final FINAL $100 question to you all with a twin stick Hori setup. - Do they work on PC version of VOOM as well.

After much research - (and remember I came across this forum looking for an orginal VOOM cabinet - if you dont know) I can't really emulate a cabinet link with MAME so plan be will be two of these sticks with two monitors and two cheap ATOM mobos (mounted at rear of monitors) running a USB drive with win2K or XP - loaded with o/s and boot straight into VOOM on PC - I will have a xbox 360 on the main side. and room for second xbox 360 at later date. This seems to be the way to do it so I can have both VOOM/VOOT n Force in a pair setup and just change the sticks.

Have been reading that Xbox 360 controllers use USB connection. - So figure the PC should detect the twin sticks and be able to be used.

So summary (I am sometimes long winded) DO THE HORI STICKS WORK ON PC VOOM - AND IF SO WHAT VERSION O/S WERE YOU USING AND DID YOU REQUIRE DRIVERS.

Sorry to yell - but that way u can ignore the above :).
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Post by Fredo »

MAME will not rum the game in link mode, but I heard that the AM2 Emulator "Nebula" can do it.

I've already played VOOM on a PC with my TwinStick so I assume the Hori would work as well.
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
Some_Nob

Post by Some_Nob »

Really - awesome I did just find my install files for PC version but ideally like to run original mame/arcade version. I'll keep u posted if I can get that version running. Thx for the info.
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
Some_Nob

Post by Some_Nob »

Well your information has proven to be accurate :) I have managed to get m2 from nebula emulation to work and link 2 instances. There is a small shadow/3d draw issue but I'm over joyed that the link feature worked.

Also got permission from other half to order the sticks (my late 30th b'day pressy - to myself oh getting old). As well as 2 copies of VO Force.

Last components (other than monitors) will be a couple of :2nd hand - non banned xbox 360's and 2 x atom boards to be connected via crossovers.

Should b able to run Voom rom and Voom pc to compare differences and voot and voot force in short order (I hope). The other components less likely to go O/S on me. Once online with a xbox I look forward to some solid match ups (well once I learn voot that is - I expect you all to go easy on me until I do !)

Until my high runs out (from the link setup n ordering) ... Nob out.
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~