Plot Elements: V-Crystals

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Plot Elements: V-Crystals

Post by Temjin747K »

All you hardcore fans of the series may or may not know everything about the V-Crystals. As you know, the V-Crystals were first found on the moon alongside the Moongate and the Bal-Bas-Bow unit in V.C. 0086 by Dyna-Tech & Nova (better known as DN). They started using V-Crystals mined in various parts of the Solar System for use in the V-Converters of the VRs. There was one planet in the System where they haven't checked for V-Crystals: Jupiter. When they first tried getting the Jupiter Crystals, their energy caused an interference with the 2nd Gen VRs, except the Temjin 707 series VRs, which are unaffected. In response to mankind's attempts to aquire those powerful V-Crystals, the War Crystals Ajim and Guerlain awakened to meet humanity to fight for the fate of the Jupiter Crystals, and they were defeated by Anber-IV, head of TSC Drammen and the leader of the Force unit. Long, long ago, prior to mankind's discovery of the Moongate, there was a proud alien race that manipulated the V-Crystals for various purposes and they prospered. That race died (physically) and were forced to lurk shapeless in Meta-Cyberspace. Speaking of crystals, there were also the Moon Crystals (found and mined on the moon), and the Wild Crystals (found in the Suberver or however you spell it). The Moon Crystals are kept under heavy guard by the Ghosts, the elite VR squad of which Claria Vystein AKA The White Knight is a part, supervised by FR-08, Earth's largest cyber-syndicate. The Wild Crystals found in the Suberver (SBRV) are many, and the phantom combat unit Jaguarandi is attracted to them.

You know guys, there's a V-Crystal in the center of Jaguarandi's arena in Operation Moongate. If you look closely to this one youtube vid of the Jag fight in the PS2 SEGA Ages re-release of VOOM, you'll see what appears to be an energy bolt emanating from the V-Crystal rotating, which would lead to a theory that the little boy whose mind was trapped inside that Raiden that mutated into Jaguarandi controlled that gargantuan phantom bug from inside the V-Crystal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZsEjfxY_w <--the link to the footage
(pause the vid at 0:25 to see what I mean)
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Re: Plot Elements: V-Crystals

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Not to sound like a jerk, but how many threads have you made already about Virtual-On's story? Not that I mind talking about it (quite the opposite), but it'd probably be better to have a single thread dedicated to the story of Virtual-On, instead of a bunch of different threads for different topics.

Speaking of story, does anyone know if the instruction manuals of Hasegawa's 1/100 Marz/Force models have ever been translated? As far as I know, aside from Marz itself, this was the only place that Watari has been able to expand upon the story post-VOOT.

Also, is that your own theory about the V-Crystal and Jagurandi, Tem, or did you read that somewhere?
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

chunkypuff31 wrote:Not to sound like a jerk, but how many threads have you made already about Virtual-On's story?
1297657495732.jpg
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Post by Fredo »

Tem, most of your posts sounds like " HEY GUYS LOOK AT EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT VIRTUAL-ON STORYLINE 8D "

Now try include this data: Virtual On is an Arcade game. It means that Hardcore fans play the game to enjoy the gameplay and improve their skills, and 99% don't give a damn about the storyline. You are not a hardcore VO fan if you only played Marz and VOOM twice and only know about the storyline.

I'm not saying the storyline is not interesting, but it is just not important as Virtual On is mostly a matter of unique gameplay.
The storyline is only important in VO-Marz, but most of us hate this game.

You are flooding the forum with threads that concerns only 1% of the population. Do not be surprised if everybody hates you. It's like if you were posting on Shoryuken.com, saying that you know everything about Street Fighter by having read every single comic or manga and seen every anime etc; but only played Poket Fighters.

How old are you anyway ?
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

I'm 17 years old, so what? You don't have to verbally bully me about how I'd blabber on about the plot elements of the series, you know!
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Ok, everyone needs to chillax for a bit.

I don't think this thread is a problem from any perspective. T747 made a legitimate first post in a legitimate thread about VO's story. Virtual-On DOES HAVE A STORY, and he's not out of line trying to discuss it, even if few people here share his interest.

This thread is a huge improvement from his normal threads about "which VR do you think would be best at basketball?" or "if you were going to meet Fei Yen what shirt would you wear?"

I pretty much have zero interest in VO's story but this thread doesn't bother me, and I don't think it should bother you just because the author tends to make very bad threads.

That said,
Fredo wrote:Now try include this data: Virtual On is an Arcade game. It means that Hardcore fans play the game to enjoy the gameplay and improve their skills, and 99% don't give a damn about the storyline.
I find this amusing because, from my perspective, 80% of the people here don't care about VOOT as a fighting game. For the past year and a half whenever I've tried to get a tournament going, I get like 3-4 sign-ups. And this is a forum for a FIGHTING game, it's not like I'm trying to run a competitive Sim City 2000 tournament.

To me, the breakdown looks like this:

50% are here because they're mecha aficionados and love the VRs, model kits, etc
40% are here because they love Twin Sticks / arcade cabinets and the manufacturing of them
10% are here because they like VOOT as a fighting game
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Temjin747K wrote:I'm 17 years old, so what? You don't have to verbally bully me about how I'd blabber on about the plot elements of the series, you know!
423px-ConsequencesDad.jpg
I kid. I kid. I love people like you who love a game series this much but, you might need to take a step once in awhile or else your become THAT GUY. The one who can talk about stats for hours on end(I'm quite guilty of this in the Battletech series), it's not that you don't have interesting stuff to say but it's constant and all over the place makes conversations somewhat akward. What you need to do is create a central thread about storyline and put all your information there.
1297538209235.jpg
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, Schooly D, but I don't think I made topics like "Which VR do you think would be best at Basketball?" or "If you were going to meet Fei-Yen what shirt would you wear?", but you are doing a thesis about what topics I would potentially make on this forum. and as for who I was telling not to bully me, it was fredo
Kaiser Dragon
Gamertag: Hatt0riHanz0128

Post by Kaiser Dragon »

No, you didn't make those exact topics. But you've made some just as pointless, like the WoW one. Not sure why you're attacking the only guy who has defended you either...

This topic doesn't really make me care about V-Crystals either. There's little reason to discuss a macguffin; it's there just to answer a very specific question, probably given on the spot by the creators when asked by one really hardcore fan during some convention/interview. It's just like Minovsky Particles in Gundam, or Protoculture in Robotech; okay, it's there, and it explains why things are the way they are. There's nothing else to discuss.
Heart and sword are one
A blade to cleave all Evil
My path becomes clear
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

are you accusing me of spamming! and I'm sorry I attacked you Schooly D
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

exploding-head-2.jpg
I got nothing. That's just...wow...just. wow.
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

you think you can threaten a fellow user on this site and get away with it!? >:(
Van0079

Post by Van0079 »

Suggestion: We create a general story/plot discussion thread and delete this thread and ignore what happened in it. Start with a clean slate, so to speak.

And no more arguing from anyone. This will only end badly for everyone.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Van0079 wrote:Suggestion: We create a general story/plot discussion thread and delete this thread and ignore what happened in it. Start with a clean slate, so to speak.
Done, and thread locked. Please continue the storyline discussion here:
Storyline Discussion Thread
Van0079 wrote:And no more arguing from anyone. This will only end badly for everyone.
Yes. 8-)
MentholMoose