Supporting the PS3 with VOOT goodness

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Zain

Supporting the PS3 with VOOT goodness

Post by Zain »

Hey I know this might seem like a spam account but I really to love Virtual On a lot, and I'd love to be able to play it on my Playstation 3 and I am quite envious of those who have an Xbox.

If you guys could or would Sign the petition to get it over to the ps3 otherwise let the thread fade into obscurity.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Re: Supporting the PS3 with VOOT goodness

Post by neo helbeast »

I hate to be a NEIGHsayer but it beHOOVES me to mention that you're talking about Sega. Their MANE concern is new games. We were lucky to get a STABLE port at all. On the other HOOF, a petition may be a good idea.

(Mod Challenge: All replies must have a pun in them)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Sega should quit stallion and release a new arcade VO already! ;)
MentholMoose
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Sony fanboys have been screaming about this until they're horse. The tragic truth is that once they signed exclusivity for Force with Microsoft, any chances of the game being released on a Sony system disappeared into thin mare.
ImageImage
Zain

Post by Zain »

It warms my heart that the Virtual On boards is full of bronies. Well what about VOOT though? Is that also exclusively signed?
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Petitions rarely works, to be honest. If anything, your only chance of getting a VO on Ps3 is a new game (Do your part and complete the survey here: http://www.oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=446). Pray that there are alot of people who ticked the "PS3" box ;)
Damn I can't think of a good pun, what a nightmare.
Zain

Post by Zain »

Oh don't worry I dashed at that opportunity. But still I at least want VOOT. I think it would be great is Sega didn't leave us dragon on this matter.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

I'm so mad at Sony for taking away backwards compatibilty, sure Marz isn't VOOT, but that SHBVD Raiden Black Onyx is a Black Beauty.

But yea...seriously, I doubt we'd get it now...it's been like 2 years since that re-release. We'd have a better chance of getting VO4 and even that's nonexisant. Well hay, what can we do about it?
"Nuh uh uh"
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I think it's kinda fair, Sega gave PS3 so much exclusives this gen, VOOT and Force are the two only Sega exclusive on the 360...

Instead of wasting time requesting ports of the ports, ask for new Virtual On games ;)
Zain

Post by Zain »

Temujin wrote:I think it's kinda fair, Sega gave PS3 so much exclusives this gen, VOOT and Force are the two only Sega exclusive on the 360...

Instead of wasting time requesting ports of the ports, ask for new Virtual On games ;)
I did in-fact partake in that survey, and I did name my console of choice the PS3 as well as well as it "playing like VOOT but better".

I don't horse around when it comes to my complete and total nerdom of this game. I know if a new Virtual on comes out I'd be throwing a PARTY!!
ClubFED
Gamertag: ClubFED

Post by ClubFED »

I'm also a long time PS3 player and have recently gone over to the darkside and bought the XBox360 4 Gig version (+twinsticks) just for VOOT and VO Force (everything else I have is on PS3 or PSP)... It makes you feel dirty and ashamed at first but after installing VOOT, all is forgiven...
Zain

Post by Zain »

ClubFED wrote:I'm also a long time PS3 player and have recently gone over to the darkside and bought the XBox360 4 Gig version (+twinsticks) just for VOOT and VO Force (everything else I have is on PS3 or PSP)... It makes you feel dirty and ashamed at first but after installing VOOT, all is forgiven...
To be fair there is more to the 360 then VOOT. Deadly Premonition comes to mind as well as Operation Darkness. Chromehounds was pretty good too though slow mech game. Infinite Undiscovery and some people say Lost Odyssey but I haven't played it.
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

There is a homebrew DC emulator in development for modded PS3. Play VOOT splitscreen with that. Though emulation speed is an issue with it.

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/nulldc ... erational/
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
darksakul

Post by darksakul »

Temujin wrote:I think it's kinda fair, Sega gave PS3 so much exclusives this gen, VOOT and Force are the two only Sega exclusive on the 360...

PS3 Exclusive Virtual-On Game? :mrgreen:

Maybe now dual-modding my Hrap-EX Twin Stick wasn't a complete waste
Come on Sega give is some new Virtual-On titles for the PS3, stop wasting time with Genesis ports and terrible Sonic games and give us Virtual-On