Cannot connect via TCP/IP in Cybertrooper PC

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
vonfester

Cannot connect via TCP/IP in Cybertrooper PC

Post by vonfester »

it seems many people here can play Cybertrooper online with no problem, but i cannot connect to my friend with the sames version in VOCT PC's TCP/IP option, the "waiting link" message shows up when starting a server but my friend said he cannot see my server in the list.
Vice versa.

our ports are opened and our firewall was uninstalled.

how do i play it online?

thank you for the help!
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Re: Cannot connect via TCP/IP in Cybertrooper PC

Post by neo helbeast »

I, er, what? The only person here who I know plays C:VO on the PC is Master Fygar. Everyone else is playing on the xbox 360. But, I wouldn't be college educated if I ignored your question. I'll have to due some internet research but, my first guess is that the servers for the game are offline and multiplayer has been disabled.
Tet
Gamertag: Bakufuun

Post by Tet »

I have no idea how this game does its multiplayer, but the only VO games I can think of on the computer are to old to still have servers worth hosting. You'll have to directly connect to each other's programs and play and all that jazz. I can't really help since I'd need to at least even know how the thing would even do that, like if you'd need to make a substitute LAN system using Hamachi or something. Overall, I'd help, but I really can't because I don't know enough about the game. Sorry.
Area to remain blank until I stop procrastinating.
Wait...
vonfester

Post by vonfester »

hello, thanks for the reply.

i think the game uses the standard marrid of windows 95/98 net connection protocols in addition, they are as follows:

IPX
LAN
TCP/IP
Modem dailup

what i don't understand is why TCP/IP would not work, its still the universal standard for everything net related we do on our computer, the pc port uses a simple directplay linking so even when the sever is not showing up there shouldn't be a problem when we resorted to using "ip conect", but that doesn't work either.
thanks for reply.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Hey vonfester... the only other person who plays CT on PC still chiming in :mrgreen:

I haven't been able to get the wireless to work myself, even though I feel like I set it up right. I still have the user manual if you want me to post anything from there. Honestly I find the PC version nigh-impossible to control and prefer to play the arcade version but if we can get wireless working I'll hook a USB controller up so we can give a shot. Honestly it's probably easier to get the Nebula's model 2 emulator working online with a copy of the arcade ROMs...
ImageImage
speakxj7
Gamertag: speakxj7

Post by speakxj7 »

need an ipx thingie to join you with your opponent in a virtual lan.