APRIL 29th!!

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

APRIL 29th!!

Post by VR-Eli »

http://kotaku.com/5220756/right-now-mic ... -for-japan

Bashcraft is attending a Microsoft press conference in Japan and he lists that VO is coming out April 29

Megaman 9?? I thought it was already out for the 360 over there... that seems like such a **** thing if it wasn't.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
velocity7

Re: APRIL 29th!!

Post by velocity7 »

VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Ah sorry, got excited ^^; I guess you can delete this thread MMoose.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

IN JAPAN. :cry:
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

Should create a Japanese account just to download this! :lol:
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Official site also confirms this;

http://translate.google.com.au/translat ... =Shift_JIS

It doesn't say anything about Japan only either.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Think u'll need to buy Xboxlive subscription for Japan to do that.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Davo87 wrote:
Think u'll need to buy Xboxlive subscription for Japan to do that.
You don't need to "buy" anything to have a Japanese account.
You just make a new account, one with a Japanese address and details, and go through the normal process. You'll end up with a one month of GOLD membership for free, then it'll revert to Silver after that.

I think the address has to be a (at least somewhat) a legit address. I've got one. What I did was I looked up some random japanese company addresses online (as something I can use as a template of sorts) and just made a fake address (in a Japanese format) with some of those details. After putting an address, if it goes to the next page, it should be valid enough.

I've got a Japanese, American and Korean Silver accounts. I got Japanese and American accounts just to see what's there in those regions. The Korean account I made only to get a limited time offer Arcade title for free.

I hope this helps.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

icic. thanks for clearing this up!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Do you know if there is any functional difference between the different accounts? If I'm in the US and create a Japanese Live account, is there any downside?
MentholMoose
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

MentholMoose wrote:Do you know if there is any functional difference between the different accounts? If I'm in the US and create a Japanese Live account, is there any downside?
It just allows you to access marketplace content which you otherwise wouldn't be able to access.

I forgot to mention before that if some of you are planning on creating a Japanese account, you will have to add M$ points to it otherwise you can't download the game. The points you may have for your current account won't show in the new one.

Once you have the game however, you should be able to play it using either account.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Dreamcazman wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:Do you know if there is any functional difference between the different accounts? If I'm in the US and create a Japanese Live account, is there any downside?
It just allows you to access marketplace content which you otherwise wouldn't be able to access.

I forgot to mention before that if some of you are planning on creating a Japanese account, you will have to add M$ points to it otherwise you can't download the game. The points you may have for your current account won't show in the new one.

Once you have the game however, you should be able to play it using either account.
Thanks for the info. I haven't created an account yet, I'm waiting to see if there will be info about a US release date in the next few days.
MentholMoose
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Really, you should always have your main account in what ever region you are from. If you live in America, you should use an American account as your main account.

You only need MS Points if you intend to buy anything. All Xbox LIVE Arcade games have demos, so if it is a Japan only release for now, you can just DL the demo and just wait for local release.

If you were to buy point for a Japanese account, you'd need to buy Japanese MS Points, as points are region locked. If you used a credit card, I'm pretty sure the credit card has to be from the same region as your XBL account. ie, if you have a Japanese account, you need a credit card registered to a Japanese address. You can buy points card, and again, they're region locked so, you'd have to buy the points card from some online store or something.

I'm pretty sure (not 100% though) that if you did DL a JP version game that's not released in your region, then you can't buy it with your local main account (ie with US MS Points). You can play the demo though.

I don't think this will be an issue as I'm still think that VOOT will be released worldwide on the 29th. All Xbox LIVE arcade games have been released worldworld with the only exceptions being Castlevania, which came out later in Japan because it was a bit different, and it included a FMV intro in it, so the sizes are different between JP and everywhere else. There were other games that some regions didn't get because of either licensing issues or some other hitch, but they are few and far between. I don't think there is a reason to delay the worldwide release of VOOT.

One weird thing that happened once was I DL TMNT from my American account as it was delayed in Australia for some reason. When it finally came out here, something wasn't quite right, there must have been a bug or something in the activation process, because it said it was free. And yeah, I didn't have to pay for the full version because of this bug or what ever it was.
I tried it with another game that delayed in Australia, but the free bug didn't work.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Good call about the demo! Looks like Ill have the JPN demo to play with next week!
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Looks like Sega America Confirmed April 29th release date for America, so it's safe to say it's also worldwide also.

http://www.seganerds.com/2009/04/23/seg ... ease-date/

No need to make those Japanese accounts, unless you want to.
Henshin1

Post by Henshin1 »

Woohoo!

That's excellent news! I can't wait :D
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I sort of figured..still, official word is always nice ^^ I already got my HD in, and i have a point card all nice and ready...

This is gonna be sweet...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Sweet, guess I'll hunt down an Xbox 360 over the weekend. It's gonna be busy since I also gotta mod my arcade Twin Sticks.
MentholMoose
DarK-SuN

Post by DarK-SuN »

I can't wait, my points card is waiting to be used JUST for VOOT! :D
The 29th can't come fast enough.
GamerTag: Ichimoto
VOOM: Apharmd and Raiden VR Pilot
VOOT: Apharmd B, Apharmd C and Raiden VR Pilot
MARZ: Apharmd J, APJ AC, Apharmd HATTER and Raiden VR Pilot
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Just bought my points card!

We got a few days to go, everyone ready?

I'm glad it got confirmed for the US, I was getting worried there, I really didn't wanna go through making a Japanese account, me and XBLIVE don't have the best relationship going....lol
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters