APRIL 29th!!

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: APRIL 29th!!

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:Not if you play for any period of time the 1st day/week of release. Most 360'ers seem to have a really short attention span, so if you want that achievement, don't dilly dally!
Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Can you elaborate for the 360 newbies?
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I think he means go own the noobs while they are noobs...i dunno.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:I think he means go own the noobs while they are noobs...i dunno.
Well, for the two (or three, I dunno about the watch mode) that require multiplayer, it just says "play" and not "win", so you'll be fine as long as you can find someone to play with.
MentholMoose
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

For those that are lacking in 360 knowledge, let me elaborate a little into how this DRM works for downloaded content, including XBLA games and anything else that is paid for.

When you download a game (like VOOT) it becomes tied to that machine and Gamertag you used at the time. It's to prevent you copying it to another 360. Well, that's not entirely right, you can copy it, but if you try to play it on the other machine, it will be in demo mode.

If you create a new Gamertag on the original 360, any previous content that was downloaded with the previos Gamertag can be used with this new Gamertag either online or off because it's tied to the console.

Now if your current 360 craps itself and you buy another one, you can use your existing content if you recover your old Gamertag used to download the content but you have to be logged into Live to basically prove yourself. M$ finally came up with a way you can transfer the licences over, but I won't go into that here.

So if you want two working versions of VOOT that aren't dependent on any outside help you will need...

2x Xbox 360's
2x Gamertags (have to be different)

Have one Gamertag on each 360, download the game on each and then you don't have to be logged into Live to play the full game on either console.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

MentholMoose wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:I think he means go own the noobs while they are noobs...i dunno.
Well, for the two (or three, I dunno about the watch mode) that require multiplayer, it just says "play" and not "win", so you'll be fine as long as you can find someone to play with.
This is what I'm talking about...a lot of these "arcade" games become ghost towns in 2 weeks tops.
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Dreamcazman wrote:So if you want two working versions of VOOT that aren't dependent on any outside help you will need...

2x Xbox 360's

Have one Gamertag on each 360, download the game on each and then you don't have to be logged into Live to play the full game on either console.
....and THIS is what I was trying to say. 8-)

What's gonna be funny is Menthol is gonna be near or at the top of the leaderboard for Vs. wins, and then when you go to check his gamer stats, he only has 200 Gamerscore and only one game played on games list. A lot of cats are gonna be like double-ewe tea eff? :lol:
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
This is what I'm talking about...a lot of these "arcade" games become ghost towns in 2 weeks tops.
Hopefully VOOT won't be too bad, and will stay somewhat active. VOOT is a niche title, though, so I won't expect the number of players to rival SF4 or anything.

Knoxximus wrote:
Dreamcazman wrote:So if you want two working versions of VOOT that aren't dependent on any outside help you will need...

2x Xbox 360's

....and THIS is what I was trying to say. 8-)

What's gonna be funny is Menthol is gonna be near or at the top of the leaderboard for Vs. wins, and then when you go to check his gamer stats, he only has 200 Gamerscore and only one game played on games list. A lot of cats are gonna be like double-ewe tea eff? :lol:
Haha, who knows. I think there will be some hard core players who get back into it, so I'll probably try to play with them more than random newbies. Also, are the rankings region specific, or international? That probably will affect the rankings.
Knoxximus wrote:Of course, 360's fail (though no problems from Jasper as of yet).
On that topic, do you happen to know if most Xbox 360's at retail nowadays are the Jasper units?
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

At this point, any arcade or premium system that is new stock is a Jasper. Elite's don't move as fast, so you gotta check the dates on those. As long as the manu date is 2009, it should be a Jasper.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

it's also confermed that the Resident Evil 5 limited edition xbox 360 "elite" units are all jasper...

And they be red, red is a nice color....

*drools*

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:At this point, any arcade or premium system that is new stock is a Jasper. Elite's don't move as fast, so you gotta check the dates on those. As long as the manu date is 2009, it should be a Jasper.
Cool, thanks. I'm getting the arcade edition. :)
MentholMoose
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

MentholMoose wrote:On that topic, do you happen to know if most Xbox 360's at retail nowadays are the Jasper units?
I just bought my second 360 a few months ago and I checked the unit out before I bought it to make sure it was a Jasper. If the store you buy it from is decent, they won't mind.

The main thing to check is the Amp rating on the back of the 360 itself, it should be 12.1A, then check the PSU, it should be 150W. As long as those two things match, it will be a Jasper.

Also, if you get the Arcade version, it'll have 256Mb built in flash memory for saving.

Xbox 360 Revisions
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

put a fan next to it and you shouldn't even remotely have problems.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

MentholMoose wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:At this point, any arcade or premium system that is new stock is a Jasper. Elite's don't move as fast, so you gotta check the dates on those. As long as the manu date is 2009, it should be a Jasper.
Just curious, if you get an Arcade 360, I don't think you'll have enough space.

With only 256MB worth of storage
- about 128MB is used/reserved or the 360's OS,
- about 230MB for VOOT
- Gamertag starts small (about 1MB), but can expand depending how many games or what type of games you've played.
- Who knows how much Save data and replays will take up, but probably not much.

It won't fit. Ironically, Arcade 360 are mainly for people who want the cheapest version of the 360, and don't really play XBLA titles and only play retail games. The Pro (60GB) or Elite (120GB) 360s are the ones that people get if they want to play lots of arcade title, as well as DLC and other things types of DLs.

But If you get and Arcade unit, then you'll need a 512MB card. That should be more then enough if you only intend to play VOOT. Not sure how much they are now.

Also, if you do intend to play VOOT in HD, The Arcade pack come with Composite cables only. The Pro (60GB) comes with a Composite and Component Cable.

I hope this helps.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Meh, I got a used unit from gamestop (no memory at all), and a 20 gig HDD off ebay for less money than a pro unit...

I recomend getting a new arcade unit, but i'd hunt ebay for a Hard drive. A 20 gig hard drive on ebay costs less than a new 512mb memory card.

somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

ugh

after two years

I just got fired from that hellhole....
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Long Shadow wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:

- about 230MB for VOOT
- Gamertag starts small (about 1MB), but can expand depending how many games or what type of games you've played.
I got a decent deal on the Xbox Live Starter Pack with 60GB hard drive.
Long Shadow wrote:Also, if you do intend to play VOOT in HD, The Arcade pack come with Composite cables only. The Pro (60GB) comes with a Composite and Component Cable.
For the cable, I'll be using either HDMI or VGA, so I don't really need the component cables. Although now that I think about it, I do have a component to VGA transcoder, so I could have used component cables.
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

MentholMoose wrote:
Long Shadow wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:

- about 230MB for VOOT
I got a decent deal on the Xbox Live Starter Pack with 60GB hard drive.
Long Shadow wrote:Also, if you do intend to play VOOT in HD, The Arcade pack come with Composite cables only. The Pro (60GB) comes with a Composite and Component Cable.
For the cable, I'll be using either HDMI or VGA, so I don't really need the component cables. Although now that I think about it, I do have a component to VGA transcoder, so I could have used component cables.
All new 360's have HDMI, so you're good Menthol.
Henshin1

Post by Henshin1 »

I'm not sure how reliable this is but I was browsing through some forums and I found a post by some guy stating the official release times for banjo tooie released the same day as voot. So perhaps it might be a good indication of when Virtual-On is coming out in our regions. The post stated:

==========================================================
Here are the official times:

Banjo-Tooie Trial game and Full Game = 4/29/09 07:00GMT

Banjo-Tooie Stars! Gamer Pictures – 4/29/09 09:00GMT.

Banjo-Tooie Co-Stars! Gamer Pictures – 4/29/09 09:00GMT.

Times by Location

London - 08:00 and 10:00
New York - 03:00 and 05:00
LA - 00:00 and 02:00
Berlin - 09:00 and 11:00
Sydney - 17:00 and 19:00

Obviously the content might not be available at exactly those times, but it gives you the right times to check

I hope this helps some.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Henshin1 wrote:I'm not sure how reliable this is but I was browsing through some forums and I found a post by some guy stating the official release times for banjo tooie released the same day as voot. So perhaps it might be a good indication of when Virtual-On is coming out in our regions. The post stated:

Here are the official times:

Banjo-Tooie Trial game and Full Game = 4/29/09 07:00GMT

Banjo-Tooie Stars! Gamer Pictures – 4/29/09 09:00GMT.

Banjo-Tooie Co-Stars! Gamer Pictures – 4/29/09 09:00GMT.

Times by Location

London - 08:00 and 10:00
New York - 03:00 and 05:00
LA - 00:00 and 02:00
Berlin - 09:00 and 11:00
Sydney - 17:00 and 19:00

Obviously the content might not be available at exactly those times, but it gives you the right times to check

I hope this helps some.
Yeah, West Coast XBLA releases are usually between 1200 and 2 am.

TONIGHT IS THA NIGHT!!! IT'S VIRTUAL ON EVE!! :lol: