New here,have some questions.

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
stardustmun

New here,have some questions.

Post by stardustmun »

Hi,i will start with a self-introduction.
i am new to this forum,but i am with the Virtual on series since Operation moongate in the arcades.
I have played all virtual on games released so far,except the arcade version of virtual on force.
I own :
Virtual on Force (Xbox 360)
Virtual on operation moongate(sega ages 2500)[Ps2]

So the questions i have are:
I am not going to pay $300+ for the hori stick.
Are there any cheaper variants i could use?
And how much do i have to fork out for if i want a dreamcast twinstick today?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: New here,have some questions.

Post by MentholMoose »

Hi, welcome to the forums. I'll try to answer your questions.
stardustmun wrote:Are there any cheaper variants i could use?
There actually is another commercially produced Twin Stick controller for Xbox 360. I haven't seen much information or any reviews about it, though. Here's the relevant forum thread.
Sunga Twinstick for Xbox 360

Another option is to build modded Twin Sticks. A number of forum members including myself use modded Twin Sticks. We have a Projects forum with many threads dedicated to Twin Stick modding, and there is a thread summarizing all the mods done by forum members.
Custom Twin Sticks roundup

The last option is to buy modded Twin Sticks. Yahoo! Japan Auctions is pretty much the only place to find these. Unfortunately the Japanese Yen is very strong recently, especially compared to the US Dollar, so they are not cheap. There's a thread with links to some of these auctions.
Yahoo! Japan Auctions thread
stardustmun wrote:And how much do i have to fork out for if i want a dreamcast twinstick today?
They are around US $150 on eBay. They tend to go for cheaper on YJA, but intermediary fees and shipping will add a lot.
MentholMoose
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Re: New here,have some questions.

Post by neo helbeast »

MentholMoose wrote: They are around US $150 on eBay. They tend to go for cheaper on YJA, but intermediary fees and shipping will add a lot.
I can testify about the shipping, 5 .lbs of material costed something around 80 USD to ship it to me.