Tournament Announcements!!

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
MASTER

Tournament Announcements!!

Post by MASTER »

This thread is made for those VO:OT enthusiast out there that really would like to take their game and this series to the next level.

Please post any updates on possible LAN competitions BIG or small. Remember that the xbox 360 version has system link for each player to have their own screen.

You can also TRASH talk players to hype a tournament up but please keep it Professional or at least civil =D.

(a Sticky or Announcement status for this thread by a admin or moderator would be greatly appreciated)

MASTER
Last edited by MASTER on 08 May 2009, 10:14, edited 2 times in total.
The game of LIFE is hard! . . BEAT IT!
FIND ME @
DFWGames.com DOAcentral.com Youtube.com/DOAUMASTER
Twitter.com/oMASTERo Myspace.com/_DOAMASTER_
Xbox GT: o M A S T E R o and/or CGS MASTER
MASTER

Re: Tournament Announcements!!

Post by MASTER »

Has anyone heard of A-Kon? it is a big if not the biggest anime convention in the USA and there is a possibility for a VOOT event to happen there. Nothing has been set in stone but I will be working with the Gaming Section of the convention and i had brought the idea up. About 15 thousand people will be visiting the convention for several reasons, Anime, Movies, Hentai, band concerts, Art, and of course Gaming =D. If you are interested here are some details just in case it is included with the list of tournaments already planned (Dead Or Alive 4, Soul Calibur 4 Street Fighter 4 Tatsunoku vs capcom and hopefully VO:OT).

What: A-kon Convention which is one of the largest in the nation. http://a-kon.com/
Where: Downtown Dallas Sheraton Hotel (400 N Olive St, Dallas, TX 75201.)
When: MAY 29th-31st

Again if you are interested in trying to get the game in the lineup just post and say if you are near the area or would like to compete here. =D

MASTER
FIND ME @
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Ahh, A-kon...the one convention i've never friggin been able to go to. ^^;;;; actually one of many.

2 years ago though I went to shimakon, and they do video game tournament stuff...

Err, I'll hunt contact info if anyone cares ^^;;'
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Please take footage of the tournament! :) Post it on youtube to promote the event and the game. Thanks!
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MASTER

Post by MASTER »

If the event takes place for VO:OT we will definitely take some footage for all of you to see hopefully.

MASTER
FIND ME @
Henshin1

Post by Henshin1 »

We can probably hold our own unofficial oratan tournaments if we just make a huge xbl party. Although I don't know if theres a maximum to how many people you can have in a party.
MASTER

Post by MASTER »

There is a limit of up to 8 people. i think online tournaments are fine as long as they are run fast and effeciently. Of course there is always lag issue but nonetheless it keeps players active a little. With events like a-kon though the 'top' or high level players can compete in a pure environment against the other player and would be the real and ultimate test of skill against other good players that LOVE to play the game.

MASTER
FIND ME @
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

If the party exceeded 8 people, there's nothing stopping the overflow party from starting their own. You'd need a person to keep track of the match-ups and honest players to report who won or lost. Though I suppose if it was a huge bracket, you could split it up into two and have the winners go at each other ala March Madness, hehe.

It'd be awesome though if we did an oratan tourney sometime.

edit: It's also be awesome if there was a way to get the replay data transferred over to a person with a capture card so they could be posted up for review/bragging rights
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

VR-Eli wrote:It'd be awesome though if we did an oratan tourney sometime.
It's definitely something I'm planning... just waiting for people to get some more experience, plus I'm going on vacation soon. Of course, forum members can set up unofficial tournaments on their own.
VR-Eli wrote:edit: It's also be awesome if there was a way to get the replay data transferred over to a person with a capture card so they could be posted up for review/bragging rights
One of the players with the replay can use the in-game upload feature, and someone with a capture card can view it online and capture it. I'll be getting a capture card soon enough, so when we have an oratan.com tourney, I'll definitely try to get some of the matches captured and uploaded.
MentholMoose
MASTER

Post by MASTER »

I have a capture card for an event like this so that wont be a problem all i got to do is save the matches offline. which should be possible =)

MASTER
FIND ME @
MASTER

Post by MASTER »

Unfortunately A friend of mine was not able to bring his VOOT to AKon so there was no VO:OT at the event. Sorry guys.

MASTER
FIND ME @