Steinvok

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Kuren

Steinvok

Post by Kuren »

Playing against him...regardless of skill level, it always makes me face palm for some reason. The amount of damage that his weapons do is crazy. He almost feels unbalanced and cheap. I decided to choose him myself, and I started winning more than I usually would; and I'm out of practice. Does anybody else feel this way?
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Steinvok

Post by Zaarock »

I found the attack where he shoots two large homing balls(like cyphers CW) and the homing lasers to be the biggest threat when fighting him with Cypher, because they do a lot of damage. they don't home extraordinarily well though so its just a matter of timing like with all the other strong homing weapons. the huge homing sphere attack is rather irritating as its faster than specineffs, but it appears to disappear way faster so you just need to dodge it once or twice.

I dont think I've fought any good Stein-vok players yet though, Grys-voks are a bigger problem for me.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neoKEN »

Steinvok's 3 way laser is sick. I get hit by it so often and it deals a lot of damage.
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I have trouble against Stein since I basically never played against it before (only played it in single player arcade VER.5.66, which is worthless). I happened to play a bunch of rank matches today against various decent Stein players, and all of them were tough. I played several matches against someone with a losing record (about 150-200), and I only managed to go 2-2 or 2-3 against him. Another guy with a good winning record (about 350-150) totally destroyed me twice. For reference I went about 40-15 for the day.

I had the same problem against Apharmd C... the first few matches I got totally destroyed, but I got used to it because more people seem to be using Apharmd C compared to Stein. It will probably take the longest to get used to 10/80 Special, since almost nobody uses him (I've only faced 10/80 once in a rank match, and got totally destroyed :lol:).
MentholMoose