Hori SCV Twin Stick Mod

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
blklightning21
Gamertag: IGOTCHEESE21

Hori SCV Twin Stick Mod

Post by blklightning21 »

Hi guys so after years of seeing this game in the arcade and being afraid of trying it because I did not want to look like an idiot, I finally was able to make my own.
The case is a Hori SCV case that I modded to fit the spacing for twin sticks. I got this stick on the last Hori sale for 109 shipped.
I believe Amazon is now doing the same deal.

Here is what the case looked like before I had to dremel and route it.

Here it is after
Lots more space now.

I used some knock off twin sticks from paradise arcade pictured here
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/im ... stick.html

Here is my temporary setup until I get the metal panel cut for it. I of course added the special button and wired the sticks after taking this picture.

I will post the final product when I have the metal panel. I have been having so much fun with this game and it makes me sad that there is not a bigger following because it is such a fun and technical game.

EDIT: Got these parts in today.
These are stick on wheel weights about 10 lbs of them
These are stick-on wheel weights and I bought these to add some weight to the case.

Here is a pic of the innards after about 6lbs were added.

The case is like a tank now and does not budge and feels comfy in my lap.
Now I just need my metal panel and I will be done.

EDIT 2: Metal panel came in today.
5 little holes up top will be for LEDs that will light up when pressing the turbo and weapon buttons

The 3 openings on the bottom will be lit up all the time to give the effect of a control panel. SMD leds will be placed in there and should shine through the artwork pretty well, if not then I will have to figure out something.

Thought I would just post it up as I use it now because I dont have the time to finish the LEDs and art like I want right now.
Last edited by blklightning21 on 12 Aug 2012, 11:12, edited 3 times in total.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Hori SCV Twin Stick Mod

Post by MentholMoose »

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for sharing your project, it looks good so far. I can't wait to see the final version.
MentholMoose
darwinshah

Post by darwinshah »

Bro.. innovative and creative.. those 2 words describes u best! bravo! :)
blklightning21
Gamertag: IGOTCHEESE21

Post by blklightning21 »

Thanks alot guys I should have some new parts coming in today so I can update and hopefully I will have the metal panel next week so I can finish.

Also because I dont know where to post this. I was looking through ebay and found this Saturn stick.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Saturn-Off ... 2a1b48ce7e
I was honestly debating getting it myself and just swapping the pcb with a spare xbox 360 pad I have laying around. The thing that is stopping me is that you have system link VOOT to play multiplayer. That and I dont have anyone local to play with hahaha so maybe it can help someone else.