Unable to calibrate twinstick pc on windows 7

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
darwinshah

Unable to calibrate twinstick pc on windows 7

Post by darwinshah »

hi guys! any of you guys could advice me on getting my twinstick pc to work on my alienware laptop? i already have the old port to USB converter.. but is seems that i cant calibrate the twinstick on windows 7.. im only able to calibrate one side of the twinstick.. do i need to emulate windows 98 with virtual pc 2007? if yes, could you guys please guide me how? any other methods or suggestions? pls help me guys.. im cracking my head here.. thanks! :)
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Re: Unable to calibrate twinstick pc on windows 7

Post by MasterFygar »

If one side is calibrating, it sounds like your computer is expecting input from a single joystick and so it is only processing one side one of the twinsticks. Have you tried tweaking with the settings in Control Panel? I know in XP there are options to configure external controller settings for either one joystick or two simultaneously.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

What do you mean by calibrate?
MentholMoose
darwinshah

Post by darwinshah »

Calibrate means to configure the joystick for it to work properly.. the thing with windows 7 is.. it does not have an option to add another joystick for me to calibrate.. what i can do here is just calibrate the left joystick. and i can only calibrate the buttons of the right joystick.. as you can see. 1 of our club members posted in this forum how he managed to get his twinstick pc to work .. he added 2 joystics and calibrated them as two saperate joysticks.. i also compared the windows xp and windows 7 and it seems that the control panel for joystick calibration is totally different.. like i said, only windows xp has the option to add 2 joysticks and calibrate them separately.. i think the only way to get this twinstick to work with my laptop is i need to emulate windows 98( so that i can also have the continue option whenever i lose a round) does any one know how to do it? any guide on using virtual pc 2007.. any other suggestion? thanks guys! virtual on 4eva! :)
darwinshah

Post by darwinshah »

my dear MentholMoose.. calibrate means to set up and configure a joystick that has been connected to a pc or laptop for it to funcion properly in games.. the joystick calibration option is under control panel.. there is a joystick icon there.. it detects any joystick that has been connected to a pc.. cheers bro.. :)