Virtual-On in VR with real stereo 3D

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Virtual-On in VR with real stereo 3D

Post by Porcupine »

Neoken said he has figured out how to play VOOM in VR with a real stereo 3D effect. This should require being able to extract z-coordinates either directly from the game code or by intercepting the video card data buffer at an early point. Earlier he said he wasn't able to do this. I don't know yet how he accomplished it.

It's hard to tell the difference between the left and right images but I think this might indeed be true stereo 3D. Judge for yourself. By the way neoken forgot his password and no longer has access to his old e-mail. Is there a way for him to recover it?
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Re: Virtual-On in VR with real stereo 3D

Post by neoKEN »

To create a stereoscopic view of VOOM, I use a software called VORPX. VORPX is mainly use for Virtual Reality (VR) headsets. The software automatically attach itself to DIRECT3D or OPENGL whenever it is ran. VORPX is NOT FREE. It cost $40, but it is the best of it's kind. I got it for $33 during Black Friday. VORPX makes flat 3D games into stereoscopic 3D where each eye has a different viewpoint. It feels like you are actually there.

I didn't try out the VR part of VORPX on VOOM. I output VOOM to my monitor so I could record and show people what's possible. The emulator for VOOM is m2emulator. In order for for VORPX to work, your 3D software must be able to run on either DirectX 9, 10, 11, or OpenGL
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Welcome back! Thanks for the details, it sounds promising. Do you have a Rift or Vive to try it out in VR?
MentholMoose
HerrCarl

Post by HerrCarl »

Someone made a post about using immersive goggles on SS/PS2 console, and that reminded me neoKen had this post here.

Though PS2 emulator doesn't emulate PS2 version of VOOM well, PS3/Xbox versions are running near perfectly in their emulators, so I think it should be very interesting to run them on Oculus or HTC Vive or other VR goggles.
OMG is the best!