Custom HRAP faceplate

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
Aryudsoh

Custom HRAP faceplate

Post by Aryudsoh »

Looks like there are some custom twinstick faceplates being sold on Yahoo Japan auctions.

Look pretty good although I wouldn't want to butcher my precious HRAP2 SA like that!
Gamertag: Aryudsoh
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Re: Custom HRAP faceplate

Post by Fredo »

This seams really cool, I'd like to see how it looks when mounted and what kind of joysticks are suposed to be mounted on that thing.

I'd like to see the same thing for a Madcatz Tournament Edition, I'm pretty sure we can make something awesome with it.
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

That is probably the same guy who built semi-custom twin sticks, and was selling some of the extra parts. I don't remember what joystick base he was using, and unfortunately I don't seem to have bookmarked his website. IIRC he had a machine shop do the panels along with custom shafts to allow use of the SAT/DC/Arcade Twin Sticks with whatever joystick base he was using.

If you check his feedback you can see he also sold some HRAP shells, and I've seen them sell on various for sale threads, so you wouldn't necessarily have to gut your own HRAP. Anyway I've attached the pics since the auction is over and will be deleted eventually.
pic 1
pic 1
pic 2
pic 2
pic 3
pic 3
MentholMoose
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Fredo »

I'd like to build something similar to what that guy did.

I've found in France a guy who builds Arcade Joysticks extremely similar to the HRAP Stick, he makes them on demand in order to place the buttons where the player wants. I've asked him and he can make a faceplate and plexi for a TwinStick if I give him the specifications.

I could use the sticks from my DC TwinStick, but I don't know how to fix them to the faceplate. The guy who sells the custom faceplate seems to use some kind of mounting plate for the sticks, but I don't know what kind of mounting plate. I heard that the sticks where based on Seimitsu LS-56, would a LS-56 mounting plate fit ?

French VO Pilot !
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Fredo wrote:I could use the sticks from my DC TwinStick, but I don't know how to fix them to the faceplate. The guy who sells the custom faceplate seems to use some kind of mounting plate for the sticks, but I don't know what kind of mounting plate. I heard that the sticks where based on Seimitsu LS-56, would a LS-56 mounting plate fit ?
I think it will work. The parts look identical. However I've never had an LS-56 to compare compatibility so I can't guarantee success.
MentholMoose
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Fredo »

I've noticed that there is "LS-56-01" written on the PCB of the Dreamcast Sticks, so I really believe that the base is the same and not only look identical.

However, the guy I was speaking about no longer wants to make my faceplate and plexi... <.<'

French VO Pilot !
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Fredo wrote:I've noticed that there is "LS-56-01" written on the PCB of the Dreamcast Sticks, so I really believe that the base is the same and not only look identical.

However, the guy I was speaking about no longer wants to make my faceplate and plexi... <.<'
Another faceplate is on auction. It takes the LSX-57 joystick.
ツインスティック 天板+保護パネル2
pic 1
pic 1
pic 2
pic 2
MentholMoose
NeoTechni

Post by NeoTechni »

MentholMoose wrote: If you check his feedback you can see he also sold some HRAP shells, and I've seen them sell on various for sale threads, so you wouldn't necessarily have to gut your own HRAP. Anyway I've attached the pics since the auction is over and will be deleted eventually.
kanegonbravo-n84784221-01.jpg
Damn that's hot. I can't find one on the site, anyone know where I can get one?

I hate how plain the 360 twinsticks look...
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

NeoTechni wrote:
MentholMoose wrote: If you check his feedback you can see he also sold some HRAP shells, and I've seen them sell on various for sale threads, so you wouldn't necessarily have to gut your own HRAP. Anyway I've attached the pics since the auction is over and will be deleted eventually.
kanegonbravo-n84784221-01.jpg
Damn that's hot. I can't find one on the site, anyone know where I can get one?

I hate how plain the 360 twinsticks look...
I've seen them for sale on the shoryuken forums.
MentholMoose