A question about the Saturn Twin sticks.

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
T1BillionX

A question about the Saturn Twin sticks.

Post by T1BillionX »

So I happened to come upon a collection of Saturn stuff at a yard sale a couple of days ago and low and behold their were a set of twin sticks. I ask the guy if they were working and he said no. I asked what was wrong with them and he said there was a short in the wire and they stopped working a while ago. I told him I still wanted them for extra parts for the existing pair I have. I also bought the rest of the Saturn stuff as well. Best $120 I have spent in a while, That buy really bolstered my Saturn collection.

Now to my question. I was wondering if I could swap out the shaft and grip and put them in another stick assembly? I am planning a custom set of twin sticks and I want to know if I could use sticks.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: A question about the Saturn Twin sticks.

Post by MentholMoose »

I don't know of any other joystick base that can accept the Saturn Twin Sticks joystick (plastic part) and shaft (metal). The sticks are actually identical to the arcade and DC Twin Sticks, though. The DC TS uses a Seimitsu LS-56-01 with some modifications (different shaft, for example) but the shaft is not the same as on the Saturn TS. The arcade TS is a different beast, of course.

It may be easier to just reuse the entire Saturn TS for modding to Xbox 360. Several people have done this, for example:
My 360 twinstick Project (From saturn twinsticks)

You could also reuse the complete Saturn TS stick assemblies. This has also been done:
Fully custom VO:OT Sticks for Xbox 360, photos & work log
MentholMoose
T1BillionX

Post by T1BillionX »

Thanks for the info. I wanted to know if there was a way I could make it more heavy duty or use some arcade quality parts. Maybe I could mod something. Thanks again.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

This subforum has a lot of threads with mods. Forum member jiakhang built Twin Sticks with some arcade quality parts:
Custom VOOT MSBS 5.2 Arcade Twin Sticks

Unfortunately arcade VOOT Twin Sticks are discontinued so you can't get them new anymore.
MentholMoose