Anybody have a 360 Remote? Any use for Twin Stick Modding?

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
motormann

Anybody have a 360 Remote? Any use for Twin Stick Modding?

Post by motormann »

I was searching for a controller to use as the basis for 360 Twin Sticks, and I noticed the remote control looks to have all the buttons on it we would need for twin sticks. What I don't know is just how good the sensor is, and if games would see it properly as a controller. It's cheap and wireless, if it would work it would be excellent. I think I'll pick one up to give it a try. May not be practical though, if you block the sensor or something, the control might stop reading.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Anybody have a 360 Remote? Any use for Twin Stick Modding?

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

motormann wrote:I was searching for a controller to use as the basis for 360 Twin Sticks, and I noticed the remote control looks to have all the buttons on it we would need for twin sticks. What I don't know is just how good the sensor is, and if games would see it properly as a controller. It's cheap and wireless, if it would work it would be excellent. I think I'll pick one up to give it a try. May not be practical though, if you block the sensor or something, the control might stop reading.
My primary concern whould also be the IR receaver..

Another is how hackable that particular controller is...on that note i'm not sure...

Do report though, i've yet to start hacking for the 360, so this might end up being cool. Take a few notes, how easy/hard is it to hack wires into? Does the controller have a common ground? And most importantly, how much is it/what is cheap? Also, how is the response time, any noticable lag?

Thanks.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
motormann

Post by motormann »

Online, I found a listing for $8.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Can you check if any games detect it as a controller?
MentholMoose
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

AFAIK, the remote will only operate while in the dashboard (download content, watch a movie, stuff like that).

No quadrant light will light up when you are only using the remote and if you try to start a game it will immediately ask to connect a controller.