MIDI PRO-Adapter, Alternative Madcatz GamePad for hacking?

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
darksakul

MIDI PRO-Adapter, Alternative Madcatz GamePad for hacking?

Post by darksakul »

Though my web surfing, I came across this Xbox 360 game pad from Madcatz on newegg.com
The game pad is also Midi adapter for Rockband 3 for the Xbox 360. This pad allows actual MIDI instruments to be used with the 360.
I notice, as a stand alone this controller is a digital game pad with a decent looking d-pad, finally another controller with a usable d-pad for the Xbox 360.
And people wonder why I prefer the PS3 to the 360?

I haven't actually used or seen this pad in person yet, or verify if there is Bumper and Trigger buttons yet (for Twin Stick Mods).
I also have no idea how the MIDI port on the controller plays into custom controller hacking yet.
Unfortunately at $40, their is plenty of alternatives still for Controller PCBs.

If someone else got more info, please feel free to contribute.

P.S. Apparently their is also a PS3 and Wii versions of the same controller.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: MIDI PRO-Adapter, Alternative Madcatz GamePad for hackin

Post by MentholMoose »

I couldn't find any additional pics to determine if there are additional buttons. The MIDI feature probably requires support built into the game so I don't think you could use those inputs for other games. Anyway we can keep an eye out for further details.
MentholMoose
darksakul

Post by darksakul »

Although I am not planing any future mods any time soon, I do felt it was time to do some "homework" for potential PCBs for possible future projects.
I guess the Street Fighter IV FightPad is a better choice for gutting the controller for the PCB.
Someone I know supposed to contact me to make a Pop'n Music Controller (stupid easy), But other than that, not much.

I just keeping my options open for new projects and ideas.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

darksakul wrote: Someone I know supposed to contact me to make a Pop'n Music Controller (stupid easy),
You wouldn't happen to know the tricks of the trade for making a IIDX ASC would you? The IR triggers and such I mean...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
darksakul

Post by darksakul »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
darksakul wrote: Someone I know supposed to contact me to make a Pop'n Music Controller (stupid easy),
You wouldn't happen to know the tricks of the trade for making a IIDX ASC would you? The IR triggers and such I mean...
The Beatmania controller? Nope can't say I have. But you can start looking at http://www.bemanistyle.com

That group is to Beatmania as we are to Virtual-On and http://shoryuken.com/ is to fighters.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

darksakul wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:
The Beatmania controller? Nope can't say I have. But you can start looking at http://www.bemanistyle.com

That group is to Beatmania as we are to Virtual-On and http://shoryuken.com/ is to fighters.
I'm a regular on both, but i can't find any info for sure. Which kinda bites...

But I can find out where to buy an ASC....
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Post by Fredo »

I didn't notice this thread sooner, but something new has been released soon that can bea a pretty good alternative to Madcatz pads for hacking wich is called the PS360 PCB

This is way easier to use than hacking a Madcatz controller but the bad thing is that it does not have a headset port and it's a bit expensive.

more info here:
http://www.focusattack.com/products/Aki ... ve%29.html
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Wow, that's pretty cool!
MentholMoose
Majiteque

Post by Majiteque »

Fredo wrote:I didn't notice this thread sooner, but something new has been released soon that can bea a pretty good alternative to Madcatz pads for hacking wich is called the PS360 PCB

This is way easier to use than hacking a Madcatz controller but the bad thing is that it does not have a headset port and it's a bit expensive.

more info here:
http://www.focusattack.com/products/Aki ... ve%29.html

Would this be better to use than the MadCatz retro stick PCB?
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Fredo »

"better" is very relative.

The fact is that you do not have to hack this, it was designed to help the customer creating home-made PS3-Xbox 360 compatible arcade-sticks, you just have to screw the corresponding wires in the PCB and here you go, no soldering, no worries about mis-soldering , burning an electric track on the PCB or whatever, it' way easier to use than hacking a MadCatz controller.

The "bad" thing is that there is no headset jack you can use, so you won't be able to speak to your opponent's, and considering the quality of this community, I can say, it's a big loss.

French VO Pilot !
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Fredo wrote:The "bad" thing is that there is no headset jack you can use, so you won't be able to speak to your opponent's, and considering the quality of this community, I can say, it's a big loss.
Well it's not cheap, but you could use a Wireless Headset.
MentholMoose
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Fredo »

Ho yeah, I forgot about that, sure it's a solution.

I do not like those wireless device, it often lags or gives you cancer, nothing's better than a good old wire.

French VO Pilot !