The Live Monitor figured out...?

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

The Live Monitor figured out...?

Post by MasterFygar »

Okay, I might have the answer.

An old Shibuya Sportsland goer told me to do this process (in broken english):

"TEST_MODE - GAME ASSIGNMENT - Live Monitor"

Of course, it doesn't show up there under Game Assignment on either my machine, the US ROM, or the JP ROM. However, I may have figured out why.

When one of the twin units is disconnected from the other, several options are removed from the menu. Anything pertaining to VS. mode, in particular, is eliminated. This makes it clear that the software can detect how many Model 2 boards are linked together.

My hypothesis is this: if a third Model 2 board is somehow added to the cycle, Live Monitor option may be opened and, assuming I reroute the input of the third board to an external monitor, I may be able to set up a LIVE view mode after all.

But, you guys may know more than I... my question is, is there any feasible way to connect three boards together... and if there is, could this logically solve the dilemma?
ImageImage
darksakul

Re: The Live Monitor figured out...?

Post by darksakul »

I will do some research to see if I can get any useful info.

Arcade Boards can be difficult, especially older boards.
I found out from a buddy how frustrating older arcade boards can be; He currently working on an old Galaga machine restoration, he almost quit the project 3 times.

Okay I found this info from a Model 2 emulator, it is not much but it suggest compatibility networking with more than 2 boards.
When using multiple PCs to emulate a multiplayer game over a LAN, it is safe to use the same port number throughout, as long as the port chosen is not in use by any other application or service running on your computer. If you wanted to set up a multiplayer game with more than 2 PCs, you would follow the “token ring” topology as stated below.
http://www.speksnk.org/foro/knowledge/kb_show.php?id=72

If I find anything else I let you know.