New Year's Project

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
Viper Red

New Year's Project

Post by Viper Red »

Ok, I have in my possession the following:

1. An old style Playstation twinstick controller (see picture)
2. 2 Saturn twinstick controllers (see picture)
3. 2 dreamcast adapters for said saturn controllers
4. A dreamcast with VOOT
5. A saturn with VOOM

I would actually like to get into the 21st century and update my gear. I was debating getting an xbox 360 arcade, VOOT and
either doing the following (in order of ease of completion) -

A. get a playstation to xbox adapter and using the Playstation twinsticks (is this possible?)
B. get a playstation2 toxbox adapter and using a standard playstation 2 controller (twinstick on that would almost work)
C. Whipping out the soldering iron and attempting my own saturn/xbox 360 mod (this way lies tears)
D. Hocking the lot and using the proceeds to purchase a Hori Twinstick EX (this might not even me possible anymore)

What do you guys think?

Viper Red
Attachments
saturn twinsticks.jpg
playstation twinstick-front.jpg
Vash

Re: New Year's Project

Post by Vash »

Looks kewl Man
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: New Year's Project

Post by MentholMoose »

Welcome to the forum, Viper Red! The Xbox 360 is extremely locked down so the few adapters I've seen were expensive. The last I looked was over a year ago, so I'm not sure they are even still available! Modding Saturn Twin Sticks is pretty easy, and you can do it with very little soldering (for example, using barrier strips lets you avoid some soldering). Check out this forum, there are a ton of threads with details and pics of mods done by various people, including myself.

I think it is worthwhile to have native Xbox 360 Twin Sticks since there are now two VO games on Xbox 360. In any case, definitely let us know how it goes!
MentholMoose