Modding questions

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
Swamp

Modding questions

Post by Swamp »

I'm interested in modding my Saturn Twin Sticks to be compatible for the X360 and I had a few questions.

1.) If I wanted to go the "plug-in mic jack" route, what would be the recommended X360 PCB?
Would this one work?

2.) Can someone link me to the required parts needed for the mic jack [extenders/converters?]

3.) Is there any type of maintenance practice(s) that I need to know for maintaining my Saturn Twin Sticks [repairs/cleaning parts]?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Modding questions

Post by MentholMoose »

1) Did you find anyone who has used that controller for modding (e.g. on the Shoryuken forums), or is it based on some standard design? It is helpful to use something that someone has already modded so you can be sure of the solder points. This page has detailed diagrams for a variety of controllers: Joystick Controller - PCB and Wiring

2) I think someone has posted this before but I can't find it right now. Hopefully they will respond, otherwise try searching the forum.

3) Yes, keep them clean and lubricated. The lubricant used in Twin Sticks (all varieties... SS, DC, arcade) can and will wear out, and without lubricant the plastic will rapidly wear out and eventually break. I use and recommend lithium grease.
MentholMoose
Swamp

Post by Swamp »

Thanks for the info. I looked @ that particular controller since it's one of the easier ones to mod, and haven't heard about anyone using the mic jack on it. I'll continue to search the forums here [and SRK] for more info.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Let us know how it goes... post details of your mod when it's in progress and/or complete.
MentholMoose
Swamp

Post by Swamp »

I'll make as much progress as possible. I'm moving in a couple of months, and I'm working on two arcade sticks as well.