Does anyone like this?

Discuss VO-related projects (Twin Sticks, etc.)
motortea

Does anyone like this?

Post by motortea »

Will someone build this?
Attachments
Vewlix slim_real2.png
HRAP3 Premium5.png
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Re: Does anyone like this?

Post by Fredo »

The idea is really cool, but I think it would involve too much money for 2 games max.

Basically, the hard job is to make a clean metal faceplate for the HRAP Premium VLX that would fit the TwinSticks. I had planned on buying a HRAP or a Madcatz TE for this, but making the faceplate is a pain in the ass, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and I wouldn't place the A B X Y buttons here, as they could be be accidentally pressed when trying to hit the Special Button
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
darksakul

Re: Does anyone like this?

Post by darksakul »

I actually know someone (blk lighting) on the shoryuken forums who does custom metal panels.
I would recommend the hrap over the TE as the TE requires alot of dermeling plastic to make the twin stick layout work.
Fredo wrote: Oh and I wouldn't place the A B X Y buttons here, as they could be be accidentally pressed when trying to hit the Special Button
If you are wiring the stick for Twin Stick type B controls you can leave out the A,B,X,Y buttons as the right stick would also perform those buttons.

Twin Stick Type B is the easiest to wire for as you do not require to wire digital joysticks to a analog input, and it works if you want to keep the stock Xbox 360 VLX PCB.
The process is similar to Xbox 360 analog trigger hacking, but a bit more complex as you are trying to replace the analog pot with 4 directional inputs per stick.

I do not know about the WHOLE arcade Cab
But I can build/ rewire and modify existing arcade controllers to be a twin stick.
http://www.oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=525