Ebay & Craigslist Arcade Thread

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Ebay & Craigslist Arcade Thread

Post by MentholMoose »

I visited the warehouse and checked out the VOOT cab. The decals said Ver.5.2 but I didn't have a chance to plug it in and check the ROM version or test anything. It was from indeed from Japan Arcade in downtown LA which (according to Yelp reviews) is out of business. I took some pics but it was sandwiched between two other machines and I couldn't get a good photo of the side art.

I'm watching the auction online now. There is no reserve on anything so I think the VOOT cab will sell. An Initial D 3 twin just sold for $450. Isn't this the same cab as VOOT Ver.5.66? I wish I had space and a decent budget to convert one of these to a 5.66 cab. Anyway I have my eye on another cab from Japan Arcade. We'll see how it goes. 8-)
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The auction is kind of out of order now. The VOOT cab was skipped. I can't watch this thing continuously for hours so I don't think I'll see the selling price.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Post by twistedsymphony »

Thanks for taking pics. The seller said he would bid and buy it back himself if it didn't fetch at least 1000... so if the initial d machine only got around 500 I would guess that voot wouldn't get much more than that. I tried logging in to see the auction myself but couldn't get it to work on my phone and I'm not at home today.

Could you email me the raw pics you got? I'm super excited to see some pics other than just low resolution ebay pics. :)

I'd love to have that typing of the dead machine too. I'm curious what machine where you interested in?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I can't believe it. The auctioneer went out of order and the cab I wanted to bid on randomly went up for auction. Luckily I happened to check the auction stream at that moment, but the audio of the auction stream cut out and I couldn't hear the auctioneer! I guess it was getting late so he were going very fast, and nobody bid on it right away so he skipped it! If I would have had a chance to put a bid in I would have got it for super cheap. Now I have to hope it is still available next month, and hope that there is still minimal interest. :evil: I guess I can see if I can get in touch with the consignor, but they will probably demand a ridiculous price.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Okay well whatever I saw earlier must have been a glitch. The cab I was interested in (Typing of the Dead in a Net City) eventually did come up. It went for $900 (plus 15-18% in fees) which is above my budget. :cry:
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

hah, damn. seems you and I have similar tastes, sucks that the machine got bid out of your budget.

I actually have a Typing of the Dead PCB (it's NAOMI based) and Marquee, I just have no cabinet to put it in. The keyboards are literally the same ones used on the Dreamcast. I've also seen the control panels pop up from time to time on YAJ.

That same seller had TOTD up on eBay before this auction too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151168923571 I was watching that auction along with the VOOT machine.

Any idea what VOOT ultimately ended at?

EDIT: there's a TOTD cart up for sale right now for $10 http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g128172114

Also, I don't know if you know this but they released a Sequel to TOTD on Halloween: Typing of the Dead: Overkill http://store.steampowered.com/app/246580/
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

twistedsymphony wrote:Any idea what VOOT ultimately ended at?
I don't know if it was auctioned or not. I was watching the stream when it was supposed to be auctioned, but when the item came up the auctioneer was actually calling the next item (a Killer Instinct cab). The auctioneer sold the KI cab, but online it showed VOOT as "sold", and they proceeded to the next item (the KI cab). They then realized something was wrong and marked the KI cab as "passed", and continued on with the auction, and they didn't go back to the VOOT cab (at least for a few more minutes).
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

I do like Typing of the Dead and own the Japanese Dreamcast version. But playing it in Japanese is hard. I don't know Japanese so when typing it I don't have the benefit of muscle memory like when typing in English. The really long words are especially difficult. Anyway I bought Overkill on PC but I haven't played it yet.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:I do like Typing of the Dead and own the Japanese Dreamcast version. But playing it in Japanese is hard. I don't know Japanese so when typing it I don't have the benefit of muscle memory like when typing in English. The really long words are especially difficult. Anyway I bought Overkill on PC but I haven't played it yet.
You really should get the English Dreamcast version, it's the best version of the game. AFAIK it's the only version that is both in English and allows for 2 players (They made an English PC version but it's single player only).

One of my projects that I might get around to eventually is to hack the rom for the NAOMI version and see if I can put the English dictionary from the DC or PC version to make an English language arcade version of the game.

I think it'd be sweet to have a English language TOTD arcade machine... not really a high priority project for me, especially because I have no idea how to rom hack :lol:

------------

I sent an email to the seller yesterday morning asking if the VOOT machine sold at auction and if he was still interested/able to take me up on my part out offer but I haven't heard from him yet.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

Just got a reply back from the seller and he said the VOOT machine sold for $800 and he opted to let it go at that price :(

Any chance you could email me those pics? that seems to be my last hope of getting the conversion cab artwork.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

twistedsymphony wrote:Any chance you could email me those pics? that seems to be my last hope of getting the conversion cab artwork.
Sure, PM me the email address you want me to use.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

ah, sorry I totally missed that PM you sent earlier.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

$400 for a US Twin unit in Mississippi
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-On-Cybe ... SS:US:3160
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

$500 or best offer for an OMG Twin in Texas:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

aside from a few scuffs and scratches on the cabinet it looks to be in decent shape
Attachments
vo_2.JPG
vo_1.JPG
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

A pair of OMG Arcade sticks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Virtual-On ... SS:US:1123

they look to be in pretty good shape, then again those things are so beefy and rugged it's nearly impossible to break them.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

another OMG cab up for sale... this one in Kansas: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-On-Sit- ... 2591f3da1a

looks to be in really nice shape.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

Someone on KLOV is selling a set of Model 2 boards super cheap: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthr ... ?p=2829782

$160 SHIPPED for the pair

worth checking out if you're in the market.