How about some videos!? *NEW VIDEO APRIL 09*

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Re: How about some videos!? *NEW VIDEO APRIL 06*

Post by Davo87 »

Thx heaps dude!!

I havent seen these 2 players b4 and glad I have. Those were pretty damn exciting matches. Watching Bal spew mines, Giant ring traps and setup ERLs while dodging is mad! Bal's ground dash is still too slow to avoid specy's RW and CW if he reacts late. While Specy outspeeds Bal, his weapons dont really cancel and of Bals attacks, which forces him to use his time to dodge around things instead of attacking.

The vid quality is very nice. Occasionally theres some frame drop, is that ingame or the compression?

If u dont mind, I'd love to see Specy's side aswell. Anymore Bal btw? ;)
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

Holy Christ.

Someday I might just be half as good as that specineff player. Also, Bal is the man, I couldn't keep track of what all he was doing part of the time, Chaos Mode definitley fits.

EDIT: I am watching the video from the Hopitals internet connection, it ran fine for me, as far as frame rate is concerned, and audio was fine. I don't think the size is that big of a deal, but I don't think I'd ever have a bandwith limit anytime soon.
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

I feel sorry for Bal players. That's so much work to do and all the specineff player had to do was dodge it and pick his shots.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Thanks for the feedback. It actually loads fine for me, too, and I'm on a slow DSL line, so for the next video I'll set a higher bitrate for the video. I'll be getting the Specineff POV done soon. The slowdown is in-game.
MentholMoose
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Menthol, you just made my evening!

That was brilliant, the bal players technique was superb, I've never seen a player get maximum use out of bals wide spectrum of techniques quite like that, he was cycling the ERL types and limb deployment strategically, all while dashing about! Thank you very much for the upload!
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

somepunk wrote:Menthol, you just made my evening!

That was brilliant, the bal players technique was superb, I've never seen a player get maximum use out of bals wide spectrum of techniques quite like that, he was cycling the ERL types and limb deployment strategically, all while dashing about! Thank you very much for the upload!
Sadly that's the only replay I ever received of either of those players. I'm sure they saved a number of incredible replays, too.

Also, the Japanese Specineff player I mentioned (who recognized the Specineff player in the replay) had the nick "zew", and I have a few replays from him that I have to check out.
MentholMoose
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

So the random lag in that fight was created by bals projectile spam? I heard that in the 5.2 days, bal could actually freeze the machine if there were too many(round 60) projectiles on screen. Good stuff!

The Specineff was no slouch either, his POV would be interesting as well, they both do a great job of maneuvering through an absolute sea of projectiles, that's for sure.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

somepunk wrote:So the random lag in that fight was created by bals projectile spam? I heard that in the 5.2 days, bal could actually freeze the machine if there were too many(round 60) projectiles on screen. Good stuff!

The Specineff was no slouch either, his POV would be interesting as well, they both do a great job of maneuvering through an absolute sea of projectiles, that's for sure.
They probrably play a ton of vertical shooters in the vo downtime...

Seriously though, thats impressive stuff, trully awe inspiring.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

somepunk wrote:So the random lag in that fight was created by bals projectile spam? I heard that in the 5.2 days, bal could actually freeze the machine if there were too many(round 60) projectiles on screen. Good stuff!
I heard something like that. In the video the slowdown is from Bal, since Specineff isn't doing anything graphically intensive. The game definitely has it's share of bugs, and since VER.5.2 was the first iteration, it probably had a lot.
somepunk wrote:The Specineff was no slouch either, his POV would be interesting as well, they both do a great job of maneuvering through an absolute sea of projectiles, that's for sure.
Yeah definitely, the Specineff is amazing. I'm trying to find time to get the video done, just bear with me.

The Bal player actually had a guide available at one point, but I guess I didn't save it, or probably won't be able to find it. EDIT: I found the link: Mihara Style
MentholMoose
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

looks neat, the compression isn't too bad and it loads quickly. You should definitely do more!
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

circuscommando wrote:looks neat, the compression isn't too bad and it loads quickly. You should definitely do more!
It's in progress...
Attachments
in progress
in progress
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Encoding, with slighly higher bitrate for video.
Attachments
encoding
encoding
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Re: How about some videos!? *NEW VIDEO APRIL 09*

Post by MentholMoose »

First post updated with latest video. This is the Specineff POV from the previous video. Here is the link:

Chaos Mode Nao Mihara (BBD) versus Tsukasa Daigouji (SPC)
MentholMoose
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

I've just noticed, these players seem hellbent on avoiding CC lol.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

somepunk wrote:I've just noticed, these players seem hellbent on avoiding CC lol.
Yes that's true.
MentholMoose
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Thx Menthol!! Ive just started watching, and taking a break. His Specineff's movements r making me a bit sick. :mrgreen:

Edit: Think both POVs are experiencing hell. Or enjoying their dance in hell. I havent seen enuf specineff players but this one is really impressive. Cant clearly grasp how Bal is attack from Specy's POV, tho he seem to know where his dodging is at the right time and place. Despite dashing about a lot, he still lands on ground mines. Which makes me want to know how the Bal player knows when to set it up. Very impressive. Gonna replay a few more times.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Davo87 wrote:Thx Menthol!! Ive just started watching, and taking a break. His Specineff's movements r making me a bit sick. :mrgreen:

Edit: Think both POVs are experiencing hell. Or enjoying their dance in hell. I havent seen enuf specineff players but this one is really impressive. Cant clearly grasp how Bal is attack from Specy's POV, tho he seem to know where his dodging is at the right time and place. Despite dashing about a lot, he still lands on ground mines. Which makes me want to know how the Bal player knows when to set it up. Very impressive. Gonna replay a few more times.
There are a lot of mines :lol: , they're hard to avoid. Specineff doesn't have a particularly effective way to destroy them, either (at least not such a huge quantity of mines).
MentholMoose