How about some videos!? *NEW VIDEO APRIL 09*

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

How about some videos!? *NEW VIDEO APRIL 09*

Post by MentholMoose »

I'm tired of seeing heavily compressed, 30FPS (or lower!!), low-resolution videos. VOOT is VGA resolution and 60 FPS, how hard is it to release something resembling the actual game? As I've found, it's actually pretty hard! :lol:

My first video is here:

GRYS-VOK "0-Napalm" demo

More videos:

Chaos Mode Nao Mihara (BBD) versus Tsukasa Daigouji (SPC)

Constructive criticism would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Last edited by MentholMoose on 09 Apr 2009, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Re: How about some videos!?

Post by RVR - 42 »

*high fives* This is one of the appeals to Grys-Vok to me. His explosiveness. Love that stuff! That O-Napalm was the barrage of explosions, right? Hahah! Sorry I like, don't know any of his moves except for that ICBM. Anywho...very nice, very nice. Were you playing on a PC?
"Nuh uh uh"
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

I'll have to find my VMU with all my replays on it and take some videos and upload em on youtube. Me and VRPilot had some pretty epic battles that were caught on tape, mostly Fei-Yen Kn vs Cypher battles :D
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

RVR - 42 wrote:*high fives* This is one of the appeals to Grys-Vok to me. His explosiveness. Love that stuff! That O-Napalm was the barrage of explosions, right? Hahah! Sorry I like, don't know any of his moves except for that ICBM. Anywho...very nice, very nice. Were you playing on a PC?
The "0-Napalm" is the walking RW + walking cLW that doesn't use any of the LW gauge (i.e. a completely free attack, pay close attention to the gauge to see it). The walking LW + walking cLW is double napalm, which is somewhat free (basically two for one on the LW gauge).

I made the replay on an actual DC (with my custom Twin Sticks), but the video was done on VOOT replay mode running on nullDC (no Twin Stick support yet), using Fraps to capture, edited with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, encoded using meGUI with x264 codec, and with web playback using Flowplayer. Whew that's a lot of steps! :lol: Plus, I still have to figure out the sound issue (capturing nullDC with Fraps resulted in out-of-sync audio on the PC I'm using... it's fixable in Premiere, but takes way too long :( ).

So yeah, does anyone have any suggestions for future videos? How's the download time, encoding quality, and editing? Any suggestions or requests for future videos? Note that I'm not compromising on the resolution or framerate, because frankly, anything less (e.g. youtube quality) requires too much effort to figure out what is going on in high-level play, but I'll consider more compression if requested.
MentholMoose
NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

I'll be able to comment once I get a more stable internet connection as currently I'm at the mercy of the church down the street, relying on it to continue to be an unsecured network for my internet surfing needs. I cannot upload to youtube but I can view them sometimes. Next time I am over to my aunts house I will definitley have to watch this.

If its what I think it is, I saw you doing this at SHGL for **** and giggles? :)
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Thanks for sharing! :D Basically a blast that covers him from everything and does no charge.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

MentholMoose wrote:
RVR - 42 wrote:*high fives* This is one of the appeals to Grys-Vok to me. His explosiveness. Love that stuff! That O-Napalm was the barrage of explosions, right? Hahah! Sorry I like, don't know any of his moves except for that ICBM. Anywho...very nice, very nice. Were you playing on a PC?
The "0-Napalm" is the walking RW + walking cLW that doesn't use any of the LW gauge (i.e. a completely free attack, pay close attention to the gauge to see it). The walking LW + walking cLW is double napalm, which is somewhat free (basically two for one on the LW gauge).

I made the replay on an actual DC (with my custom Twin Sticks), but the video was done on VOOT replay mode running on nullDC (no Twin Stick support yet), using Fraps to capture, edited with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, encoded using meGUI with x264 codec, and with web playback using Flowplayer. Whew that's a lot of steps! :lol: Plus, I still have to figure out the sound issue (capturing nullDC with Fraps resulted in out-of-sync audio on the PC I'm using... it's fixable in Premiere, but takes way too long :( ).

So yeah, does anyone have any suggestions for future videos? How's the download time, encoding quality, and editing? Any suggestions or requests for future videos? Note that I'm not compromising on the resolution or framerate, because frankly, anything less (e.g. youtube quality) requires too much effort to figure out what is going on in high-level play, but I'll consider more compression if requested.
Yea I noticed the gauge was like...not being used at all. You cheater. Cheater, cheater, cheater! =P J/k! Doesn't like every Vr have some attack like this, kinda? As for how you put the video on your computer and edited it...waaaay over my head dude. xD! But the quality was very good. Nice resoltuion...60fps rocking hardcore. Download time...wasn't too long. I've got a VMU...of nothing but VOOT replays[and game settings] I deleted all my other DC games just so I could save tons and tons of replays. I gotta get some of these out on the web...but w/o all that technical talk MM was going on about. LOL!
"Nuh uh uh"
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

back in VOOM, Phalanx and napalm was considered nifty. VOOT napalm has weakened, tho bomb blast range looks wider and slower which is more ideal for bomb shield. Gry-voks LW felt similar to Aph series and the phalanx launch was rather slow. Tho "0 napalm" in combination with zero gauge, makes me want to try grys vok.
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Augh I have no ability to capture aside from recording to a vhs or mini-dv and then loading the thing into a video editing program D: And that forces it to be 30 frames per second.

Some youtube replays I put up, whenever someone got hit, they'd be invisible for a moment because the flickering just happened to be every other frame.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1W-NtEU ... re=related

At 3:57, Raiden did an airdash, vertical turn and then cancel into a normal jumping laser before he lands. How is it done?

Someone please enlighten me.
Last edited by Davo87 on 01 Apr 2009, 19:45, edited 2 times in total.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Davo87 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1W-NtEU ... re=related

At 3:57, Raiden did an airdash, vertical turn and then cancel into a normal jumping laser before he lands. How is it done? Someone please enlighten me.
It looks like some air dash laser to me, maybe forward dash and half cancelled or something. This is why I hate VOOT videos on youtube, it's so hard to see what's going on with the low resolution and low framerate.
MentholMoose
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Non of the airdash give "solid lasers". So its a mystery. This is one of the reasons why VOOT still intrigues me. There r so many hidden techniques that I just wont know until u meet those players.

Here's another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP_XgfRT ... re=related

At 2:22, here Bal got up using oni-mine with his right ERL. But how come his running RW can still shoot mines? Glitch?
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Davo87 wrote:Non of the airdash give "solid lasers". So its a mystery. This is one of the reasons why VOOT still intrigues me. There r so many hidden techniques that I just wont know until u meet those players.
It's the extreme angle (almost straight into the camera) that makes them look solid... that and the very low quality video. On careful examination, it appears to be forward air dash lasers.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Davo87 wrote:Here's another one:

At 2:22, here Bal got up using oni-mine with his right ERL. But how come his running RW can still shoot mines? Glitch?
I'm not much of a Bal-Series player, so I don't know about that one. That reminds me, I really need to get a replay I have captured and uploaded... it's the best Bal player I've ever seen (IIRC his style was called "chaos mode", and deservedly so), playing against the best Specineff player I've seen (reportedly the #1 Specineff in Japan at the time, and I don't doubt it). It's five rounds of the most intense VOOT gameplay I've ever seen.

EDIT: That video shows for a brief time the setup they are using. The cab appears to have the VER.5.2 versus city control panels with an extra button added (used for the quick message system). What I can't see is where the VMU slot is (a few of those videos have custom VRs). Do any of those videos clearly show the cabinet?
MentholMoose
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

ye, thats just air-forward dash lasers. jump laser floats longer in the air anyway. Its the angle thats viewed. The laser was aimed rather steep, so it gave that false impression. Also when bal lost, he died to a bouncy ground bomb, which was nicely measured by Raiden player.

Props that u remembered what the cab looks like. Tho they could've only update the interior if neccessary. Altho no VMU slot with 5.66 also seems silly. I'd like to see that vid ur talking about. :D Bal, generally has a harder time dodging things bcos of his mediocre speed and need of setup,plus against Specineff's orbs, sonic wave and FWdash RW.
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

consider this demand for that video!!! I'd kill to see a good bal vid, I personally am not the biggest fan of using him, but I love watching what a skilled pilot can do!

This would be much appreciated! :)
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Davo87 wrote:Non of the airdash give "solid lasers". So its a mystery. This is one of the reasons why VOOT still intrigues me. There r so many hidden techniques that I just wont know until u meet those players.

Here's another one:

I did further checking into this. For Raiden, it's either a forward air dash CW or a side air dash CW, and probably half cancelled. It's hard to tell due to the angle which one it is (cannot tell the quantity of lasers). Both of these are pretty much opaque in VER.5.45 and probably VER.5.66, and since it is straight at the camera, the look more opaque.

For Bal, the player is using both walking LW (mines coming out of the ERL attached to Bal's body) and walking RW (mines coming out of remote ERL in mine mode). The video quality is so poor that it is hard to tell, but both meters are decreasing.
Davo87 wrote:Props that u remembered what the cab looks like. Tho they could've only update the interior if neccessary. Altho no VMU slot with 5.66 also seems silly. I'd like to see that vid ur talking about. :D
The video in question is the one you linked showing the Bal player... at the end is about 2 seconds of video showing the cab. It is actually not a VER.5.66 or even a VOOT cab at all, which is why I was curious about it. It appears to be a versus city cabinet with a VER.5.2 versus city control panel, modified with an extra button on the right (for the QM system).
somepunk wrote:consider this demand for that video!!! I'd kill to see a good bal vid, I personally am not the biggest fan of using him, but I love watching what a skilled pilot can do!

I think I've worked out the audio sync issues I was having with capturing nullDC using Fraps (I'm using a different, faster computer :) ). So hopefully I can get this thing captured and uploaded soon.
MentholMoose
NGEFreek

Post by NGEFreek »

My appologies for the quality on these, since I don't have a VGA box for my DC to upload these. Just used the old camera to record off the TV then upload to YouTube trick.

Nothing too special, just some replays I stumbled upon from back in the day when me and VRPilot used to play religeously. Also, please ignore the background noises, the woman was watching 'Girls next door' and my daughter was asking me questions at some point.

Ajim vs Ajim - 100% combo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVHFVcrZLkQ

Raiden vs Temjin - Good times?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyEjAJVpMCY

Bal vs Bal - Probably one of my fondest memory battles, just because the Melee part near the end if hilarious, you cant Melee without ARMS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqrC8MS6258 (currently says processing, so if it doesn't work, check back in a bit)

I am sickened by the quality of video, so I appologize in advance for that.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

NGEFreek wrote:My appologies for the quality on these, since I don't have a VGA box for my DC to upload these. Just used the old camera to record off the TV then upload to YouTube trick.

Nothing too special, just some replays I stumbled upon from back in the day when me and VRPilot used to play religeously. Also, please ignore the background noises, the woman was watching 'Girls next door' and my daughter was asking me questions at some point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVHFVcrZLkQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyEjAJVpMCY

Bal vs Bal - Probably one of my fondest memory battles, just because the Melee part near the end if hilarious, you cant Melee without ARMS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqrC8MS6258 (currently says processing, so if it doesn't work, check back in a bit)

I am sickened by the quality of video, so I appologize in advance for that.
better quality than my camera whould give... (on my tv's it does that bar thing, a bar of black, or area of black ugh) Now, my camera "can" record directly from an analog input, but I so far can't get it to play nicely with my dreamcast, no idea why...also, it's decided it dosen't want to make use of the SD card anymore, so I can't take anymore photos....

It's a Canon ZR45 MC if anyone wants to provide any tips.....
Very good times ^^
i'm surprised they don't kick? :P That is funny though ^^
Thats why I want to upload this one replay.....it's similar...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

NEW VIDEO

Post by MentholMoose »

somepunk wrote:consider this demand for that video!!! I'd kill to see a good bal vid, I personally am not the biggest fan of using him, but I love watching what a skilled pilot can do!

DONE!

Seriously, check this out immediately, this match is incredible! The video is 70MB, and has sound this time! I've only done the Bal-Bados POV. I'll do the Specineff soon (it's already capped, just have to edit, encode, upload, etc.).

Guys, please give me some feedback! I increased the video compression level since the video is so long. Let me know if it is too much compared to my previous video (this one is 1300Kbps, the previous video was 1700Kbps... still VGA resolution at 60 FPS). Also, I had to do a lot of tweaking to capture the audio, so let me know if it's acceptable or if I should tweak more.
MentholMoose