My Fei Yen Collection

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Jonnydark

My Fei Yen Collection

Post by Jonnydark »

Hi Everyone!

I'm really happy to be on this board now because finally I can meet people who understand my odd hobby.

Here is my entire Fei Yen collection!

Includes:

OMG stuffed Plushie
Wave Model Fei Yen
Real Model Fei Yen MIB
Kotoboyta lucky draw gold figure
Kotoboyta pink figure (With box)
Key chain In Package
"Virtual On More Advanced Book" game guide
Fei Yen gold version in that black box... (I can't seem to find a name for that line. Would love to find her in pink)
"Cybertnet Rapsody" Drama CD. (I can't understand a word they say. Lol.)

Customs:

Lego Fei Yen By Boyzwiththemosttoyz
Gauche painting of Fei Yen by Rosemary Travale
Digital Illustration of Fei Yen by Mattieau St. Cyr. (Manik)

Please let me know if there is any figure in the original fei yen style that I don't have. I'm trying hard to complete my collection.

Jonathan
Attachments
Fei-Yen-Collection-Resized.jpg
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Re: My Fei Yen Collection

Post by Porcupine »

I don't recognize the black box product.

You are missing the 2P (bluish purple) color Fei-Yen from the Kotobukiya series.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Nice collection. It looks like you have the OMG Fei-Yen keychain, but i don't see the VOOT version.
MentholMoose
Jonnydark

Post by Jonnydark »

Jonnydark

Post by Jonnydark »

MenthoMoose what are you referring to?
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

Jonnydark wrote:Porcupine it's this one:

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b165069455
These are PVC (that tends to get very sticky with age), and in my opinion quite awful.

@Johnydark:
A "complete" collection of 1st gen Fei-Yens is impossible to achieve, especially if you count event-only model kits. You're missing the following regular releases:

- 1/72 Wave vinyl Fei-Yen Player 2 (same box as the one you have there, with blue and white sticker)
- 1/144 Wave resin Fei-Yen (can be found cheap)
- 1/100 Kaiyodo resin Fei-Yen (common; you should be able to buy this for much less than the original 8800 yen...)
- Kaiyodo Antenna Model resin Fei-Yen (Antenna Models are nigh impossible to find; likely convention-only kits)
- Kaiyodo Robot Museum resin Fei-Yen (rare)

Besides that, various event-only resin kits exist, as well as papercraft kits and one-off sculpts.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Jonnydark wrote:MenthoMoose what are you referring to?
Is that a keychain under the drama CD? It looks like the OMG Fei-Yen keychain. Besides that version there is also a VOOT Fei-Yen version. Unfortunately they are rare.
MentholMoose
Jonnydark

Post by Jonnydark »

Wow! Thank you Viper2 that is an extensive list you provided me. It's very hard to search out different Fei Yen kits since there are lots of different models.

It's true, my collection will likely never be complete. But I have an entire lifetime to keep hunting! :)

MentholMoose, I apologize... I knew you meant my key chain. I was asking (poorly) if you could show me the one you say I'm missing.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Hi there, and welcome :banana: . We don't get much newcomers lately, especially when SEGA had totally stop caring for VO except for managing game servers and milking us out of nolstagia in their other products :D

Seems like you're also missing Bandai's Fei-Yen HD.

Basically, it's a Hatsune Miku crossover. Even if you're not a fan of Vocaloid, the figure is really well made, definitely recommended for any VO fan (especially when VO goods are hard to come buy these days, except for model kits).

It's sold out in most places, but there seems to be a few on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hatsune-Mi ... B005IVZO2K
Jonnydark

Post by Jonnydark »

Hi guarayakha!

Yeah I've been trying to log into this forum for a while now but for some reason it didn't work. The Admin recently granted me permission though. lol.

I only collect the first version of Fei Yen... Pink, white and angular. I made an exception for the plushie though.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I noticed that from the beginning that's why I never recommended any VOOT or Force Fei-Yens to you. :)

I never got that Hatsune Miku Fei-Yen but it's good to know that it was overproduced in case I ever change my mind on it. I would surely have gotten it when it came out if it had been part of a more complete VOOT set, but it's all alone. Looks pretty decent though.

Is it the same size as the Kaiyodo VOOT Fei-Yens? Can they play together without having a size or weight advantage over each other? Lol.

Also can the skirt come off like on the Kaiyodo VOOT Fei-Yens.
Jonnydark

Post by Jonnydark »

Also... Just in case any of you want to search for Fei Yen in the future... I've had great success with this:

フェイ イェン

They are the Japanese characters for "Fei Yen"
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Yeah I know. Check your other thread. I had already posted my search terms I used to look for the Fei-Yen you were looking for:

バーチャロン フェイイェン 海洋堂

(Virtual On) (Fei-Yen) (Kaiyodo)
Jonnydark

Post by Jonnydark »

Oh... My apologies Porcupine.
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

Porcupine wrote:I never got that Hatsune Miku Fei-Yen but it's good to know that it was overproduced in case I ever change my mind on it. I would surely have gotten it when it came out if it had been part of a more complete VOOT set, but it's all alone. Looks pretty decent though.
It's a Bandai product, it will have another production run sooner or later...
Is it the same size as the Kaiyodo VOOT Fei-Yens? Can they play together without having a size or weight advantage over each other? Lol.

Hatsune Miku Fei Yen is about the same size as the Kaiyodo VOOT Fei-Yens, which are close to 1/100 scale, which is the scale of Hasegawa's, Kotobukiya's, and Volks' kits. So they all play nicely together, although the two Bandai figures (Hatsune Fei-Yen and Temjin) are much better action figures than the Kaiyodo action figures or the model kits... :mrgreen:

Can't remember about the skirt, I'm not in the habit of trying to undress my female maid robots.
Jonnydark

Post by Jonnydark »

Can't remember about the skirt, I'm not in the habit of trying to undress my female maid robots.
Seconded
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Viper2 wrote:
Porcupine wrote:I never got that Hatsune Miku Fei-Yen but it's good to know that it was overproduced in case I ever change my mind on it. I would surely have gotten it when it came out if it had been part of a more complete VOOT set, but it's all alone. Looks pretty decent though.
It's a Bandai product, it will have another production run sooner or later...

Hatsune Miku Fei Yen is about the same size as the Kaiyodo VOOT Fei-Yens, which are close to 1/100 scale, which is the scale of Hasegawa's, Kotobukiya's, and Volks' kits. So they all play nicely together, although the two Bandai figures (Hatsune Fei-Yen and Temjin) are much better action figures than the Kaiyodo action figures or the model kits... :mrgreen:

I did just a check (because Porc asked about it, durr...), unlike the model kits that has her skirt assembled around her waist separately, FeiHD has them indicidually plugged into joints on her hips. So technically, you could remove her skirt, but you'll end up with ball joints all around her waist.