Sakura Wars Dreamcast

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Sakura Wars Dreamcast

Post by Porcupine »

Someone in Hawaii is having a craigslist garage sale tomorrow morning and I may go. They said they have lots of unopened, castoff anime figures. They also said they have an unopened Sakura Wars Dreamcast selling for $260 which appears to be the original retail price in japan.

I don't know what it is but it is pink and I could use it to play Virtual On and DoA2 import Dreamcast games I have. My normal Dreamcast no longer reads discs (laser is out but I'm sure it could be fixed).

Looking on ebay this thing is selling for sky high prices but ebay is not an accurate way to get pricing for japanese stuff these days. I am too lazy to look around to find out what it's really worth. Just thought I'd mention it here in case it is a desirable item, and I should be getting it?

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/gms/5793446511.html
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Sakura Wars Dreamcast

Post by MentholMoose »

The price seems okay. eBay auctions for a new, non-limited edition Dreamcast have been selling for around $200. So I think $260 for a Sakura Wars DC isn't bad. Just make sure it really is new and complete in box. For reference here is one (used) on Yahoo! JP:
中古 DC ドリームキャスト本体 サクラ大戦仕様

However, if your main goal is to use a physical DC to play DC games, you might want to consider getting a USB-GDROM or GDEMU for your current DC. That way you never have to worry about the laser breaking again.
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Sakura Wars Dreamcast

Post by Porcupine »

The yahoo auction one ended up selling for about $165 including shipping in Japan. It was not in great condition. I saw other used ones on suruga-ya for a similar price.

It was probably a good price for a new one if it was really new, but I didn't buy it. The garage sale was worthless. His mere five anime figures were not impressive (not old or hard to find, or generally desirable) and most not even cast-off. Their unusual identities did suggest he probably does have 1000 anime figures of his own and was getting rid of unwanted ones.

I bought a Drossel figma recently from a japanese seller on Amazon.com marketplace for $43, and got a used one instead of new. To the seller's credit the taped box seal was intact, but the insides had obviously been opened as inner packaging was missing and multiple stuff was placed in the box in the wrong places. After inspecting the figure which expectedly had minor damage, I agreed to pay $18 for it.