review/overview movie

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

review/overview movie

Post by circuscommando »

what's up people? now that i have a dazzle, i'm going to start a small review/overview show on youtube (as if there aren't enough of those). In any case, as this would be my first one, any thoughts on VOOT, or the VO franchise?
also, this would be about 5 minutes long, so any gameplay you feel would sum up playing VOOT (as my skills are severely lacking).

thanks!
-CC
Sixfortyfive
Virtual-On Positive

Re: review/overview movie

Post by Sixfortyfive »

circuscommando wrote:also, this would be about 5 minutes long, so any gameplay you feel would sum up playing VOOT (as my skills are severely lacking).
For starters, I feel that simply calling it a "mech combat" game, as most observers are wont to do, is selling it short. It's more of a 1-vs-1 3D fighter than anything else. Gameplay elements that set it apart in its genre are full-range movement (most 3D fighters still lock you into a 2D plane most of the time) and emphasis on projectiles and long-range combat (such things are usually the domain of 2D fighters).

Ollie Barder once said that the game's director once described VO's gameplay style as being a cross between classic Japanese theatre and American football. Or at least I think that's what he said. :lol:
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Re: review/overview movie

Post by Davo87 »

They also call this lightning chess which makes more sense once u know wat your opponent can do with their VR and how quickly they adapt, change strategy. Like most fighting game there is a flow and this game has enough character diversity to learn. More importantly, there are diehard fans out there that will stay with this game for a very long time. So its a blessing that ppl can remain competitive online.