The official Virtual-On model kit thread

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive
PSN: TheChexGuy

Re: The official Virtual-On model kit thread

Post by ChexGuy »

the boosters on the Volks Temjin are also made of some pretty small parts, I made a "short" video where I put one together.

the Wave kit looks a bit more stylized in terms of proportions, though it's still closer to the game than the Kaiyodo figure (which looks terrible imo).
ImageImage
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

ChexGuy wrote:the boosters on the Volks Temjin are also made of some pretty small parts, I made a "short" video where I put one together.

the Wave kit looks a bit more stylized in terms of proportions, though it's still closer to the game than the Kaiyodo figure (which looks terrible imo).
I have an issue of Hobby Japan showing how to make the Wave kit the correct proportions somewhere...

I'll check out your video later, on a system that doesn't choke on Youtoob.

I really should take more pictures of the resin kits I've managed to get my hands on in the last few months...
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

I let out a sigh of frustration at the end because I'm a model kit casual that has only built Bandai kits thus far.
ImageImage
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

ChexGuy wrote:I let out a sigh of frustration at the end because I'm a model kit casual that has only built Bandai kits thus far.
TBH, resin kits are often less dificult to build than a lot of Master Grades (less parts), but the prepping of the parts and finishing is more important. However, casting quality is very important, and often event limited kits have so-so casting...

My experience with Virtual On resin kits so far is this:
- Wave: Decent to good designs, usually accurate (except Raiden, seems to be too short, get the plastic kit instead), some very complicated (Belgdor's launchers scare me...), resin quality seems to be a bit inconsistent, polycaps and rods included, easy to get.
- Kotobukiya: Good designs, some have details wrong, generally with functional mechanisms (so complicated), some interesting kits (Jaguarandi, Viper I), resin quality seems good, polycaps and rods included, easy to get.
- Wonderfest-exclusive kits: Many different designs, some hideously inaccurate and/or bad design choices (plus parts missing), some excellent, resin quality all the way from bubble-ridden brittle to perfect, polycaps and rods not included, difficult to very hard to get, often seriously expensive.

If you don't want to paint, you could buy Wave's 1/72 Temjin or Fei-Yen. They are soft vinyl and pre-colored with stickers.
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

Hmmm...no new Virtual-On related announcements by Hasegawa and Volks at Wonderfest Winter 2015, nothing new last month, two remaining plastic model lines R.I.P.?
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

I dunno, Volks announcements are usually a little later in the year. Maybe Wonfes Summer?
ImageImage
Flame

Post by Flame »

Ayy, after some work, the kagekiyo is near completion, though some pieces (yellow sandal piece on foot, chest cuz my little brother) broke, so I am working on getting those taken care of, meaning it will be near completion soon (~month or so). Will upload pictures of that and maybe the myzr, when possible. Though it will be some time before either due to midterms and such.
Flame

Post by Flame »

So here is a photo of my myzr delta, completed about a year or so ago, so its not as good as the kagekiyo will hopefully turn out. Edit: will have to reattach images later tonight
Attachments
IMG_0049.JPG
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

nice!

WonFes summer is in a couple of months, we might be seeing the next Volks VOOT kit there.
ImageImage
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

As for Hasegawa, their Virtual On blog has not been updated since last december, so unless they have a surprise announcement at one of the upcoming hobby festivals I think the line is dead (apart from reissues).
Flame

Post by Flame »

So, as of a week ago, i have finally FINALLY finished building and painting the kagekiyo flame type, so tonight, pictures of it will be posted. Sorry for not doing it earlier as I have been working on starting a comic series with a friend, and that has been taking all of my time away from me.
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

Well, Hasegawa isn't entirely dead as they have a new Myzr Gamma Type R due in October. I also see "pre-orders" for the 747J Radical Zapper, Kagekiyo Rin, and a set of two Apharmd Ts. I think those three are re-issues, though.

Volks, however, did not announce a kit all summer. I believe their Temjin and Fei-Yen Kn kits were both announced during the summer of their respective years, with preorders taken around October-November and releases in December.

We're reaching the end of the year. This is kind of sad.
ImageImage
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

Hasegawa Guarayakha [Special]
It shows two of them and I believe the colors are new. If that's the case, it's a "new" release but the parts themselves aren't.
EDIT: now that I have rediscovered my ability to read, it's one model but two sets of decals.
there's also a thumbnail of a Jaguarandi, not sure what that's about.
ImageImage
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

The thing Chexguy was mentioning in the above post.
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

always fun to look at Hasegawa waterslide sheets and say "I never want to deal with that"
ImageImage
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

[quote="ChexGuy"]Hasegawa Guarayakha [Special]
It shows two of them and I believe the colors are new. If that's the case, it's a "new" release but the parts themselves aren't.
EDIT: now that I have rediscovered my ability to read, it's one model but two sets of decals.
there's also a thumbnail of a Jaguarandi, not sure what that's about.[/quote]

Basically...
8 Colored pages of "High-end" CG featuring Jaguarandi. Very very exciting, so buy our sh*t :roll:
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/65576/

Sixth Plant Type 8-1 Kagekiyo [Yashima]

Bits and pieces of translations:
- didn't show up in the game
- Commander unit
- Type Fire/Wind/Wind (yes that's two winds because reasons)
- Parts color: Black, blue grey, orange, light grey, clear red
- I think there is a set of uncolored clear parts, not sure if separate or included
ChexGuy
Virtual-On Positive

Post by ChexGuy »

Nice. Definitely digging the new helmet.

EDIT: I knew I had seen the Commander type before! Technically it is in-game, but not accessible normally. Zaarock made a video a while back, crediting another forum poster for showing him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAX05bb2Hlc
ImageImage
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Haha that's so weird to see again. Curious that they chose Wind type for the pictures, the gameplay model in VO4 corresponds to Wind but some victory animations glitch out as if it were Fire (single katana). Second wind should be Old Wind so it's just all the katana types. I wonder if SEGA even gave them details as to what the commander was supposed to be. Rather than them going with wind because of how it was partially implemented in VO4 X360.
maybe I should use this OP VR for a second time to celebrate

btw nice job with the forum & site update menthol!
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation