Free Recording Service

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Free Recording Service

Post by neo helbeast »

I saw that zaarock in another thread was mentioning that he has all these fights he'd like upload to youtube and I said to myself is a man not entitled to his replays. No says the man in washington it belongs to... wait what was I saying? Ah yes I'm now doing an upload service for free. So yea.

Steps you should do:

1. POST HERE with how many matches you have that would like me to record
2. Don't be annoying. I will get to it when I can. This can take awhile depending how many matches somebody wants done. Also I scholarly I have to do.
3. I do do montages, but I charge for those. Always have as they are a pain the buttermelt to do and take up a large chunk of my time.

I've made a sample montage so you can judge video quality and/or editing skills.
You can watch it here:
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=72TFFK7H
Or download it here.

WMV: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ASU7IPQF

MP4: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=72TFFK7H
Last edited by neo helbeast on 28 Apr 2010, 13:31, edited 6 times in total.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Re: Free Recording Service

Post by Zaarock »

Cool man, I was just thinking about trying to upload again and had trouble setting up a video camera to work with my mac. I was thinking about it because I'd show some friends from other gaming communities that I'm active in what the game is like from my perspective so maybe they'll buy the game as it is on discount.

edit4: recording and youtube upload complete:
--(raiden) vs Zaarock(cypher)
PhantomPhotonX(temjin) vs Zaarock(cypher)
player camera on RNA in both. Both are private player matches, not from competitions or anything.

PS. I remember some guy uploading a pretty good fight i had on senko on youtube which I linked to people, but he somehow ragequit youtube and deleted all his videos a few months after, was pretty weird.

edit3: I'll allow my nickname/GT to be used on any replay video upload as long as I'm actually the player in question.
Last edited by Zaarock on 02 Apr 2010, 17:24, edited 5 times in total.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Ill get to that later tonightso before you got to work/school tomorrow upload the other one. Also I assume you want the original. Any Preffered way of sending. (Skype/email?)

Fake edit: What PoV do want them recorded in.
I.e Free floating camera or entirely you or each rounds winner?
Last edited by neo helbeast on 01 Apr 2010, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

Hmm, we probably wont be online at the same time so maybe uploading the video file to mediafire or box.net or such would be a good idea. I'll go sleep now, its 3 am here. I'll message you on XBL when I've switched the replay tomorrow.

edit: PoV on RNA in both, as in me :d
Last edited by Zaarock on 02 Apr 2010, 02:15, edited 2 times in total.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Already saved it you can switch them.
anikingVOOT
Gamertag: anikingVOOT

Post by anikingVOOT »

When you upload replays to youtube or wherever, i dont want you to wright my name down on the video.
I will beat ya at all cost!! I love to win and hate to lose :b
VOOT for life.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

I give you all permission to substitute my name in place of aniking's in any videos you put up involving him. :mrgreen:
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Not to knock Neohellbeast's thread, but if Zaarock wants to do it himself here is a suggestion.

I bought a USB capture card for $25 and it records VOOT fine without desync. (if u buy elsewhere, make sure it support 60hz. NTSC4.33)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-Audio-Video- ... 4148df65a5
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

anikingVOOT wrote:When you upload replays to youtube or wherever, i dont want you to wright my name down on the video.
I don't really mind having my name/handle attached to videos as long as the game mode is specified. If it's specified as player match then people will (or at least should) know that it is not a serious competition.
MentholMoose
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Because PPX asked real nice for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpYlk3WUIK4 here is a dorodray falling through the map.

Also Aniking don't look at me, look at Zaarock I'm not uploading to youtube.
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

I created a thread on virtualon.org about what I lovingly call "Extreme-chickening Dordrays," or Dordrays that spend most of their time on the side of the map opposite from you, so that you can't hit them.

I'd call this an "Epic-chickening Dordray." I mean, what better way to get a win, than to beat up Cypher a bit, and then hide underneath the map? :lol: I loved this video.

Oh, right, back to the topic at hand. I will look into getting my own recording equipment, but if I can't, or it doesn't work (I have a HUGE history of putting something in my computer, only for crazy sh*t to happen), then I think what Helbeast has is a cool idea. Thanks for being willing to do that, Helbeast. Although I do think that instead of posting on this forum, we should just send Helbeast a private message. I can totally see this thread filling up with posts rather quickly otherwise. But that's just me.

I give everyone my permission to use my name in any matches involving me, competition or otherwise. Because hey, if the video makes me look bad, then maybe I should have played better! :mrgreen:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

I find it ironic that my wireless adapter dies the day before i go hunting for usb HDMI port. fhdgsfhnhns. Also I really don't care where people post as long they do.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

so I just bought a USB to HDMI converter over on buy.com hopefully higher res recordings in the future.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

So I got my montage up and low and behold. "Your Video has copyrighted material in it. Audio has been disabled." FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Added links in the op for the original
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Finally found a website that didn't delete my video on contact. So edited the original post to include the link as well as fixed typos.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Zaarock »

megavideo is just a place where you can stream videos uploaded on megaupload. the audio probably got banned on youtube so quick through some automation because the song played through the whole video, unedited.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

Test vid on my new rig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCFiCYvE5Wg
these are default settings