VOOT 5.66 arcade poster?

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Akuma_from_Germany

VOOT 5.66 arcade poster?

Post by Akuma_from_Germany »

Does anyone know if there was an arcade poster that was given to arcade owners when VOOT 5.66 was released?

I found the attached images, which look like either poster artwork or like arcade flyers. Anyone got an idea?
Attachments
vo566a.jpg
(39.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
vo566.jpg
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Re: VOOT 5.66 arcade poster?

Post by MasterFygar »

It was indeed a poster... there were also banners for each "line" of VRs.

In fact, I think I ran across those images on this forum a long time ago while lurking, haha. This is (or was) Shibuya Sportsland, if you were wondering.

There was also a VO:OMG poster in the same vein with Jaguarandi that said "VIRTUAL ON: OMG VO POSITIVE MATERIAL" which was awesome. But that was in a different place.
ImageImage
Akuma_from_Germany

AWWWWWWWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing those pics mate!! Made me look like that: Image
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

Hey, no problem! Glad you liked them. Here's the rest (no poster, but still awesome):

And the Jaguarandi poster:

ImageImage
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Oh.My.Gosh. Overload. Talk about my fantasy. :O! If there is a Cypher banner out there somewhere...I...must...own...it. AHHHH!!! Thanks for uploading those. Man...if only I lived in Japan.
"Nuh uh uh"
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Heh actually those are pics I took during a "business trip" in Fall 2000. It's Shinjuku Sportsland #3, i.e. the famous one in the VOOT credits and where every VO arcade game was beta tested. I don't know if SSL#3 is still there or not, though I'm guessing not since it was removed from the website, and I only see #9 mentioned:
新宿スポーツランド

AFAIK the poster was given out with the arcade machines, along with the pictured banners. I think the posters were also generally available since they were cheap and easy to find on Yahoo! Japan Auctions at the time, though the banners were apparently much more rare (I saw several sell for around ¥75,000, or US $700 at the time).
MentholMoose
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

You WENT THERE? 8O That's AWESOME!

Yeah, the place unfortunately shut down quite a while back. I did some searching on the Japanese side of the web to contact them about the Live Monitor setup and found both them and Tangerine Spur (a full arcade for only VOOM/VOOT!) have been closed for years. A real shame... I'd love to start a VO arcade at some point, but it took me 8 years to find my one VOOM machine and I've never even seen a VOOT for sale @.@ Ah well.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

MasterFygar wrote:You WENT THERE? 8O That's AWESOME!

Yeah, the place unfortunately shut down quite a while back. I did some searching on the Japanese side of the web to contact them about the Live Monitor setup and found both them and Tangerine Spur (a full arcade for only VOOM/VOOT!) have been closed for years. A real shame... I'd love to start a VO arcade at some point, but it took me 8 years to find my one VOOM machine and I've never even seen a VOOT for sale @.@ Ah well.
Heh about 9 years ago I had a chance to buy a 5.66 cabinet for $2500. Unfortunately I had to pass on it (no money at that time). A local arcade (Arcade Infinity) bought it so I did get to use it, though it got abused and was frequently broken down. Eventually they got rid of it, and I don't know what happened to it.
MentholMoose
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

MentholMoose wrote:
MasterFygar wrote:You WENT THERE? 8O That's AWESOME!

Heh about 9 years ago I had a chance to buy a 5.66 cabinet for $2500. Unfortunately I had to pass on it (no money at that time). A local arcade (Arcade Infinity) bought it so I did get to use it, though it got abused and was frequently broken down. Eventually they got rid of it, and I don't know what happened to it.
Aww... that sucks, but it's cool you got to stay around and play it. I used top play VOOM at a skating rink in West Virginia, they returned all their games to the vending company a couple years back and that company has since become a jukebox repair service, so I have no clue what happened to their games. I paid $750 shipped for my VOOM cab (was located by my friend on another arcade forum), it's in a bit of rough shape cosmetically (although I've seen far worse) but it runs great. VOOM cabs are easy to come across somewhere in the US (there's always one up somewhere, in other words) anywhere from 300-1800 depending on area, but VOOTs are hard to find. Are you familiar with coinopexpress.com? They have VOOT cabs for 1510.00, not counting shipping, and it's from Hong Kong... I've heard some bad stories but I was wondering if you knew anything more and make sure you know it's out there. I remember when I was lurking a loooong time ago here that I saw one of your members has a VOOT machine, but that may not be where he got it.
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

AFAIK CEX has no inventory and instead will search for and obtain a cab once you place an order. They can probably get it to you eventually, though. At this point I wouldn't buy a dedicated VOOT cabinet, rather I'd prefer something more general purpose that could hold VOOT or other games (e.g. a pair of net city cabinets). VOOT is a multiplayer game, and I despise VOOT single player, so a dedicated cabinet wouldn't see much use.
MentholMoose
Viper2
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Viper2 »

That "Jaguarandi"-poster shows the Raiden Black Onyx... ;)
Akuma_from_Germany

MentholMoose wrote:AFAIK CEX has no inventory and instead will search for and obtain a cab once you place an order. They can probably get it to you eventually, though. At this point I wouldn't buy a dedicated VOOT cabinet, rather I'd prefer something more general purpose that could hold VOOT or other games (e.g. a pair of net city cabinets). VOOT is a multiplayer game, and I despise VOOT single player, so a dedicated cabinet wouldn't see much use.
Something like that? ;)

I could kill to get hold of another panel for linked ver 5.66 action : /

BTW: MM, did you ever get around to scan those instruction strips? ; ))
Attachments
VOOT.JPG
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Akuma_from_Germany wrote:Something like that? ;)
Yes, exactly!!
Akuma_from_Germany wrote:I could kill to get hold of another panel for linked ver 5.66 action : /
They're on Yahoo! Japan Auctions from time to time, I'll post a thread the next time I see one.
Akuma_from_Germany wrote:BTW: MM, did you ever get around to scan those instruction strips? ; ))
I don't have access to a decent scanner, unfortunately. I'll have to try to track one down sometime.
MentholMoose
Akuma_from_Germany

MentholMoose wrote:
Akuma_from_Germany wrote:I could kill to get hold of another panel for linked ver 5.66 action : /
They're on Yahoo! Japan Auctions from time to time, I'll post a thread the next time I see one.
Cooool! Maybe I got a chance to get one then : ] Got to figure out how to use a proxy bidder though, never bought anything off YJA : /