OPERATION MOONGATE: the Virtual On movie (fan script)

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

OPERATION MOONGATE: the Virtual On movie (fan script)

Post by MasterFygar »

I hope this is allowed here... I haven't seen many fanfics of sorts, but I wanted to get some fan opinions on this.

The recent interest in video game movies has been sparked again with Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and the rumored new Mortal Kombat (well, its existence as a real movie is rumored, the trailer is out and awesome)... so naturally my mind wandered into Virtual On. And when my mind wanders, I write. When I write, I write a lot.

So anyway, I have begun work on a (very) rough draft of a script for a Virtual On movie. I'm calling it Operation Moongate for the time being. I've wanted to try this for a while but I couldn't decide how to do it... I eventually settled on using the bits and pieces of the canon timeline and concepts that I understand and putting them together in a compressed/slightly changed/fresh manner. This is the story of Thomas Vortu, because I needed a human protagonist and I liked that name from another project I was working on.

A few things up front:

1. Things are a BIT out of order with the original timeline. The timeline is only partially translated, the individual characters are not even mentioned in any context I can find, and if it spanned the number of years it's supposed too or moved at the pace of the real timeline, this movie would take several days to watch.

2. I try to explain the unexplained bits of the series and answer some of the series' more convoluted mythology, such as Plant Zero, Jaguarandi's creation, etc. As I don't know the real answers (or if they even exist) they may or may not match up with the original novels.

3. I don't know anyone's names in the original except for characters from Marz, so characters such as the creator of Fei Yen, the head of DN, etc. have new, pronounceable names. If this irks anyone and they want me to set it straight, tell me their real name and I'd be happy to fix it.

4. This is meant to be watched by someone who is completely new to the series as well as hardcore fans, so I will be explaining terms like Virtuaroids, VO Positive, Mindshifting, etc. It will be annoying if you know them, so just try to look at it as if you weren't already in the know.

5. This is, in every sense, a highly modified retelling of the original plots. The basics are there, from the Moongate incident to the splitting of DNA to RNA, but anything beyond what you see in the games is fleshed out in a way that may not have ever existed. Please look at this as a (hopefully) non-crappy video game movie that brings an interesting take on the canon instead of a direct adaptation of the novels or radio dramas. Because, although I'm using the few pages of info I have collected from all of those as a base, I don't know enough to make an accurate translation.

6. This is written in script format, so "interior" becomes "int.", "pause" is written as "beat", and everything is formatted freaky. Also, I can't figure out to align text in BBCode, so the pretty centered way this is viewed in Microsoft Word becomes a bunch of text that clings to the left side of the page. Oops.

7. Frank curses a lot, but I edited it all out because I don't know if that's allowed here. So just pretend he doesn't sound cheesy.

SO! With all that said, please enjoy the first 20 pages (well, it is when viewed in Word) of Operation Moongate. I want all comments, compliments, criticisms, or what have you because I love this project and I want to see it succeed the best it can. I have written more and have the full plot planned out, but this is a lot to read as is, so this will be enough for now.

INT. TOURNAMENT HALL, LARGE “VIRTUAL ON” ARCADE MACHINE IN CENTER OF ROOM. TWO BOYS FIGHT FURIOUSLY IN GAME.

MAN 1
I can’t believe it… is that new kid actually winning?

MAN 2
He cain’t be. This is the International Mega Tournament. A rookie ain’t never won it, ain’t never gonna. If ‘at rookie wins, I’ll eat my hat.

SCATTERED CHEERS, SHOUTS, MOANS

MAN 1
Would you like salt with that Fedora?

PAN TO THE CRUSHED FACE OF A TEENAGE BOY DRESSED IN A NICE SUIT, DIED BLUE HAIR FLOWING DOWN HIS BACK IN DEFEAT, HIS SHOCKED EYES SLOWLY FILLING WITH TEARS.

ANNOUNCER
And there goes the battle! Thomas Vortu is the victor!

THE ANNOUNCER GRABS THE TEENAGE, T-SHIRT AND JEANS WEARING BOY’S HAND IN VICTORY. VORTU’S FACE TWITCHES IN SHOCK. HE ACTUALLY DID IT.

THE CROWD GOES WILD.
WE ARE NOW SEEING THE SCENE THROUGH A NEWS BROADCAST. ALISSA BLACKTHORN, AN INTELLEGENT LOOKING, COLLEGE-AGE BLONDE BROADCASTER, IS EXPLAINING THE SCENE AS THE WORDS “NEW BREAKTHROUGH IN WAR TECHNOLOGY- COULD A V CONVERTER BE IN OUR FUTURE? * THE GOVERNMENT OF OCEANA HAS ONCE AGAIN REFUSED TO ELABORATE ON A SUPPOSED “PLANT ZERO”, STATING IT TO BE A “MILITARY SECRET” * DN GROUP HAS JUST SURPASSED THEIR COMPETITORS’ PROFITS COMBINED TENFOLD- COULD THE LIMITED WARS BE DRAWING TO A CLOSE?” SCROLL ACROSS THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN.

ALISSA
We’re here live in Flipper’s, Oceana’s hottest arcade, as the Fifth Annual Virtual On International Mega Tournament is coming to a close. The entire world is up in arms over this prodigy of a newcomer’s sudden and very unexpected victory in the popular arcade game... the concept of controlling giant robots known as “mechs” or, in this case, “Virtuaroids”, has been used before in video games, but never to this level of success and popularity. All of the Virtual On Clubs this side of the continent have trained their champions for months waiting for this moment and the chance to get recognized by the monster of a new corporation, DN, in the first tournament to be hosted by Dyna-tech since their merge with Nova-group… but their training was in vain, as they watched their victory snatched by rookie Vortu, who supposedly never even played Virtual On before the practice rounds. The public is amazed, his competitors are fuming. It is quite the scene.

AS ALISSA SPEAKS, WE CATCH A GLIMPSE OF THE BLUE HAIRED BOY STUMBLING FROM THE SEAT ON THE GAME, STILL INCREDULOUS AT HIS DEFEAT, AS HIS GROUP PUSHES THROUGH THE CROWD TO MEET HIM. THE CAMERA SOON SHIFTS OUT OF NEWS MODE TO A CLOSER UP SHOT OF THEIR CONVERSATION. FRANK, A VERY TOUGH LOOKING BOY, AND MAX, A VISIBLE NERD, ARE CHEWING HIM OUT.

FRANK
Shape up and stop the waterworks. You’ve given our group enough negative publicity for the day.

MAX
Losing to the new kid? A new kid piloting a Raiden, of all things? The slowest Virtuaroid in the game, and you can’t keep up with it? Really now, Eldritch.

ELDRITCH
He… I’m telling you, he’s no ordinary player. He wasn’t controlling the machine. He WAS the machine.

FRANK
Don’t give us that meta bull, you lost to a rookie and that’s that.

ELDRITCH
At least I made it to finals. None of you can boast that, can you?

MAX
Maybe not, however, we lost to veterans… not rookies.

ELDRITCH
You lost to veterans that lost to the rookie. Shut up, you couldn’t have done any better than I did. That Vortu kid’s not human. Where’s the rest of the gang?

MAX
Fled before your screen flashed “Game Over”, they did, couldn’t bear to face the other clans after the way this ended. Marina’s still in here somewhere but the others are halfway to Hastings by now.

FRANK
London’s name has gone down in status everywhere. The only British city state to make it to the finals and you give up the title to a bloody American. An American rookie at that. Bah… Come on Max, let’s blow this joint.

MAX
Roger that, Frank.

MAX AND FRANK EXIT AS ELDRITCH TEARFULLY EXAMINES HIS HANDS. THE CAMERA FOLLOWS THEM.

MAX
Do you suppose you could have defeated Vortu?

FRANK
You kidding? I might be able beat him blindfolded.
BEAT
Well, no, even with a blindfold on he’d win. It’s like… it’s like he doesn’t need to see or think to control it. It’s like his blood and the Raiden’s blood… they’re one and the same.
BEAT
It’s freaky crap. I don’t want to get near the guy. You think you could take him?

MAX
About as well as I could take a steamroller in a head-on collision.
BEAT
Do you think we were too hard on ol’ Eld’?

FRANK
Nah. The dude needs an ego cut every now and then. He can afford to spare some, he’s got one the size of DN.

BEAT

MAX
Why didn’t you tell him the others left because they were scared of Vortu? Seeing so few familiar faces in the audience must have affected his game.

FRANK
Not as bad as knowing what he was up against would. He wouldn’t have even tried.

MAX
I’ll take your word for it.

CAMERA PANS BACK TO ELDRITCH AS A MATURE LOOKING, GLASSES WEARING, BLACK HAIRED GIRL APPROACHES HIM. HE IS SOBBING HARDER THAN EVER AND TRYING TO HIDE IT.

MARINA
Hey, big boy. You did a good job out there.

ELDRITCH
I did horrible, and you know it. I’m sorry to be such an embarrassment all the time.

MARINA
You did no such thing, and you are not! You did an absolutely spectacular job, and YOU know it. You need to get your mind off of this whole gaming thing for a bit. Want to go out for a movie? Maybe if we make it quick, we’ll have time to, heh…

ELDRITCH (SHOUTING)
Now is not the time for recreation!

MARINA STEPS BACK AS ELDRITCH COVERS HIS FACE WITH HIS EYES AND PULLS HIS HAIR FURIOUSLY, GROANING AND GRITTING HIS TEETH

MARINA
You know what? I’m tired of trying to be supportive to a guy who can’t even lose a video game without a nervous breakdown. We’re through.

ELDRITCH STANDS AND STARES SADLY AT HER.

ELDRITCH
Please be sensible Marina, it’s more than just a video game. Virtuaroids… they’re the future. Not just my future, not just your future. They’re the world’s future. Can’t you see th-

MARINA
Stop telling me about my freaking future, Ember. You’re not in it, and you’re not weaseling your way back in. We’re history.

MARINA STORMS OFF AS ELDRITCH WATCHES INCREDULOUSLY, HIS HAND EXTENDED, AN UNNOTICED MOTION TO BECKON HER BACK. BEHIND HIM, VORTU APPROACHES, A HUGE SMILE PLASTERED ON HIS FACE, A BRILLIANT TROPHY IN HIS HANDS, AND A MIND THAT IS CLUELESS TO THE SUFFERING IT HAS CAUSED.

VORTU
Hey, dude, that was a seriously nice battle up there. You did great… and I got really lucky.

AS HE APPROACHES ELDRITCH, VORTU SEES HE IS CRYING

VORTU
Uh… no hard feelings?

VORTU EXTENDS A HAND. ELDRITCH SPITS ON IT.

ELDRITCH
Yes, hard feelings.

VORTU WIPES THE SPIT OFF OF HIS HAND AS ELDRITCH TURNS HIS BACK.

VORTU
Sorry, man… we both tried our best, and the game decided the winner. In my opinion, we both won. That was the best fight I’ve ever had.

ELDRITCH
That’s just the thing, kid, you haven’t HAD enough fights for there to be a “best”.
BEAT
What’s your secret?

VORTU
Excuse me?

ELDRITCH
I know you know something nobody else does. You don’t just appear the day of registration and win a tournament without even knowing what a twinstick is. I want to know how you’re doing this. From your first battle, you’ve had something nobody else has.

VORTU
I… I don’t know, man, I just sort of… become the Virtuaroid, I guess.

ELDRITCH
Stop the philosophical nonsense. I want to know, for real. The least that you can do for me at this point is give me an answer.

VORTU
I’m not trying to be philosophical… when I sit in that chair and grab those sticks… it’s like something in my blood riles. My mind goes into hyperdrive. I don’t think… I don’t have too. I know what I want my Virtuaroid to do, and it knows what I want it to do. It’s kind of like… I’m seeing through its eyes.

ELDRITCH (INCREDULOUS, AND HOPELESSLY JEALOUS AND ANGRY)
Incredible…

VORTU AWKWARDLY TURNS AND BEGINS WALKING AWAY, BUT TURNS HIS HEAD WHEN HE IS INTERRUPTED.

ELDRITCH
Tell me… how did you learn about this power?

ELDRITCH RUNS AFTER HIM

ELDRITCH
How do you control it? Harness it? Gain it?

VORTU SIGHS

VORTU
I… I don’t know, it’s just sort of always been there, since the day I came into one of the practice rounds and tried the game, just for kicks.
VORTU SMILES AT HIS TROPHY
I never thought I would be getting this much more of out of it, and so soon…
BEAT
So, I guess I can say I was just… born that way.

ELDRITCH
I… I don’t understand it. It makes no sense.

VORTU LAUGHS

VORTU
It does to me. I guess it’s either ‘you got it’… or ‘you don’t.’ See you around.

THE CAMERA FOLLOWS VORTU AS HE BEGINS TO EXIT BUT IS ONCE AGAIN INTERCEPTED, THIS TIME BY THE HAND OF THE MUSTACHED ANNOUNCER ON HIS SHOULDER

ANNOUNCER
That was a spectacular fight you had out there, kid.

VORTU
Thanks.

ANNOUNCER
The public is impressed. The guys are jealous and the ladies are swooning. You’re a hero, Tom, a real hero.
BEAT
Yes, the public may be impressed… but we’re blown away.

VORTU
Who’s ‘we’?

ANNOUNCER
DN Corporation, of course. You know, the fella’s that sponsored this tournament? Made the game? Gave you that sexy trophy?

VORTU
What are you trying to get at here?

ANNOUNCER
Got plans with your family now?

VORTU
Nope.

ANNOUNCER
Girlfriend?

VORTU
Single.

ANNOUNCER
Friends?

VORTU
Left them back in Charleston.

ANNOUNCER
Very good, then, you match all the criteria to be a solid, dedicated pilot. You should come meet the big dude now, He’s dying to talk to ya’.

VORTU (PLEASANTLY SHOCKED)
It… it would be an honor, sir.

ANNOUNCER
Follow me. He’s right through here.

VORTU FOLLOWS THE ANNOUNCER THROUGH THE LARGE CURTAIN AT THE BACK OF THE ROOM. THEY ENTER AN ANCIENT DOORWAY AND BEGIN CAUTIOUSLY WALKING THROUGH AN OLD, DIMLY LIT WAREHOUSE FULL OF DILAPIDATED ARCADE UNITS. THEY DISCUSS FURTHER PLANS AS THEY WALK.

ANNOUNCER
Tell me, boy… have you ever thought about piloting a Raiden?

VORTU
Well, Mr. Announcer sir, I mean…

ANNOUNCER
Please, call me Clayton. And it’s okay, we’ve all dreamed of it at some time or other. It’s nothing to be ashamed of admitting.

VORTU CHUCKLES

VORTU
Well… yes, yes I have.

CLAYTON
Well, you may just have the chance, son. Please, step inside.

THEY REACH AN ELEVATOR WHOSE SHINING, NEW DOOR IS AN ASSURING SIGHT. CLAYTON ENTERS A PIN NUMBER AND THEY ENTER. THE DOOR CLOSES, AND THE ELEVATOR SHOOTS UP WITH EXTREME SPEED… THE LIGHTS OF THE FLOORS THEY PASS FLASH BY LIKE A STROBE.

CLAYTON
We’ll be there soon, he’s on the hundredth floor so it will be a few seconds more than you’re used to. And that’s good to hear, because you may just have that chance.

VORTU (HOPEFUL)
Are you hinting at offering me a Virtual On machine?

CLAYTON
In a way, yes… but not in the way you’re thinking.

VORTU
Are you saying I have to pay for it? Because I don’t have a real job, I can hardly eat as it is, and I really don’t think it-

CLAYTON
No, all I’m saying is that an arcade machine is going to seem pretty boring when you’re piloting an actual Raiden.

VORTU
Is this some sort of a joke, sir?

THE ELEVATOR DINGS. THEY HAVE REACHED THE ONE HUNDREDTH FLOOR. CLAYTON STEPS OUT ONTO THE RED CARPET, VORTU FOLLOWS. A BRILLIANT WALL OF GLASS STANDS TO THEIR LEFT AS THEY WALK THE HALLWAY, THE GLORIOUS SUNSET SPARKLING ON THE TIPS OF THE SCYSCRAPERS.

CLAYTON
I’ll let you judge that for yourself after we talk to the boss.

THEY REACH THE END OF THE HALLWAY. A MAMMOTH DOOR LOOMS FORBODINGLY OVER THEM. THE INCREASINGLY FAMILIAR ‘EYEBALL LOGO’ OF DN ADORNS IT AND SLIDES APART AS CLAYTON LEADS THE ROOKIE IN. A WALL OF GLASS AT THE FRONT OF THE OFFICE GIVES AN EVEN MORE SPECTACULAR VIEW OF THE SUNSET THAN THE HALLWAY DID. A TALL CHAIR SPINS ROUND AND THE STOUT, MIDDLE AGED MAN INSIDE SMILES AT HIS VISITORS.

PRYCE
Ah, good to see you again, Mister Clayton! Is this the boy I’ve heard so much about?

CLAYTON
Indeed it is, Mr. Pryce.

PRYCE STANDS AND APPROACHES VORTU, EXTENDING A HAND. VORTU ACCEPTS AND THEY SHAKE.

PRYCE
Mr. Vortu, we are most impressed so far from your skills with the handling of Virtuaroids.

VORTU
Thank you, sir. It’s an honor to meet you.

PRYCE
Oh, not at all, it is an honor to meet YOU! I watched your last couple of battles after Clayton informed me of your talent, and I must say… you have something special.

VORTU
I think I know what you mean, sir.

PRYCE
Do you now? Well, now, that’s even better! Tell me, how do you do so well handling your Virtuaroid?

VORTU
You may laugh at me for saying this, sir.

PRYCE
Nonsense! Friends do not laugh at friends. I am, as they say, all ears.

VORTU
I feel a connection with my Virtuaroid… it’s like I become a part of it. When I take the controls I feel my mind… sort of… shift… and I become one with the Virtuaroid.

PRYCE (AMAZED AND EXCITED)
Yes, yes…

VORTU
Hard to believe, sir, I know. It sounds odd to me, too, and I’m the one that’s saying it.

PRYCE
No, no, not at all! I’m very happy to hear of it, in fact.

VORTU
You are?

PRYCE
Yes, yes… it’s just as I suspected. You are exactly the man we need.

VORTU
Please explain, sir.

PRYCE
Oh, certainly, certainly. You, my boy… are what we call “VO-POSITIVE.”

VORTU
I… don’t think I understand.

PRYCE
You will, my boy, you will! Increasingly rarely, some people are born with a certain gene in their DNA… a certain aspect to their blood… that gives them the ability to mindshift.

VORTU
Mindshift, sir?

PRYCE
Yes, mindshift. The very thing you have been doing all along, the skill that has placed you ahead of all these veterans, the thing that has made their practice futile. You become one with your Virtuaroid, Vortu. You don’t have to make the same calculations the others do as to what stick does what; you don’t give it a second thought. Your mind tells the Virtuaroid what to do. Your Virtuaroid tells your mind what to do. It is a fantastic bond that very few players are capable of.
BEAT
I’m going to tell you something secret, Vortu. It must never leave this room. Do you understand?

VORTU NODS NERVOUSLY AND RESPONSIBLY

PRYCE
The tournament is not for entertainment value like our other Hyper Content services. The internet is there for entertainment. Television is there for entertainment. Virtual reality video games are there for entertainment. This isn’t a virtual reality, this is our reality becoming virtual.

CLAYTON
You are rambling again, sir.

PRYCE
Ah! So sorry, so sorry, so I am. As I was saying… the tournament is there for a specific purpose, Mr. Vortu. It was when we were only Dynatech Corporation, and it still is now that we have become DN. The tournament is a means for us to locate the few VO-Positive individuals across the world. The top three contestants, judged not on wins, but on the VO-Positive appearance of their performance, are chosen each year to join us in our V Project.
BEAT
I’m… sure you have heard rumors of Plant Zero.

VORTU
I consider myself an expert on the subject, sir. I know everything there is to know about it. Every rumor, every leak.

PRYCE
Impressive… but do you know what’s inside?

VORTU
Can’t say that I do, sir.

PRYCE
Let’s take a little tour, shall we?

VORTU (ECSTATIC)
You can get us into a secret governmental facility?

PRYCE
Why not? We ARE the government!

I've written 10 more pages (things get much more interesting, I assure you) and I plan to continue at a steady pace. I'll let this settle and then post more.
ImageImage
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Re: OPERATION MOONGATE: the Virtual On movie (fan script)

Post by RVR - 42 »

Wow...massive post. I'll surely check this out when time allows. :]
"Nuh uh uh"
Razgriz450

Post by Razgriz450 »

Why do you have so much spare time???? D:
This sig and avatar are temorary.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

I don't think anyone even read what I had before, but here's some more...

EXT. DESERT HANGER, PLANT ZERO. PRYCE, VORTU, and CLAYTON ARE WALKING THE GROUNDS.

PRYCE
…and once pilots pass the VO Positive Tests and prove they have what it takes, they get their choice of basic Virtuaroid- Temjin, Bal Bas Bow, or Apharmd. If they get high enough scores, they can also choose Dorkas or Belgdor. We have to be more careful with those, they cost too much.

VORTU
What about Raidens?

PRYCE
Those cost an absolute fortune. Nobody starts with one, few ever earn one.
BEAT
Well, nobody started with one until now.

VORTU
Are you talking about me, sir?

PRYCE
Bingo.

THEY ARRIVE AT THE FRONT OF A GIGANTIC BUILDING WITH DOZENS OF GARAGE-LIKE DOORS IN A ROW. PRYCE BEGINS FIDDLING WITH THE SECURITY PANEL TO THE LEFT OF ONE AS THEY CONVERSE.

VORTU
But sir, what about the VO Positive Tests?

PRYCE
No need. I can tell from your performance you’re good enough. You’re the best we’ve ever had.

VORTU
Th-thank you, sir.

PRYCE
So good in fact, that you get to start with our newest custom job.

THE HANGAR DOORS SLOWLY OPEN TO REVEAL A MASSIVE, RECENTLY WAXED, SHINING BLACK RAIDEN. VORTU FREEZES- HIS MIND IS OVERLOADED AT THE SIGHT.

PRYCE
Quite a sight, eh?
BEAT
What, don’t tell me she’s not good enough for you.

VORTU
No, sir, quite the opposite. I’m just… speechless.

PRYCE
Can’t say I blame you. This is no ordinary Raiden, either. This is the Jaguar.

VORTU
The Jaguar?

PRYCE
Yes sir, the Jaguar. Named after the legend of an ancient beast found written on the ruins of the moon, right around the area we discovered what has become Bal Bas Bow. Jaguar is one of the few words we had in common with their ancient civilization, although I’m not sure the meaning was the same. They would have pronounced it “yagar”.

VORTU
Amazing.

PRYCE
I knew you’d think it was.

VORTU
So, how do I get in?

AS PRYCE SPEAKS, A TALL, MUSCULAR, AUSTERE MAN IN A MILITARY UNIFORM SWIFTLY APPROACHES.

PRYCE
Whoah there, tig-er-Jaguar, not so fast. There’s still a lot of paperwork to be done, preparation… the other inductees haven’t even finished their V.O.P. Tests yet.

AERODYNE
Sir!

PRYCE
Greetings, General. Say hello to our new pilot Vortu! Vortu, this is General Aerodyne.

AERODYNE
I came here to say hello, actually, and to ask where the hell he’s been. The other potential inductees just finished the V.O.P. Tests and he hasn’t even arrived?

PRYCE
He’s a special case. I can judge from his performance that he’s not only VO Positive, but also a strategic genius.

AERODYNE
Hmm. I see. Very well then, sir.

PRYCE
How did the others do?

AERODYNE
Pretty well, for the most part. Nothing incredible, but they all passed but one.

PRYCE
Oh? Who failed?

AERODYNE
Your son.

PRYCE
How unfortunate.

AERODYNE
Unfortunate, yes, surprising, no. He looked like he was about to have an aneurism to get as far as he did. He made it this far from pure dedication, but there’s nothing V.O.P. about him… and dedication won’t help when you’re struggling to make a hundred foot tall death machine do your will in the heat of battle. This isn’t a game anymore, and he will just have to understand it how it is.

PRYCE
Indeed, indeed. How is he taking the news?

ELDRITCH HUFFS ONTO THE SCENE AS AERODYNE SPEAKS

AERODYNE
I wouldn’t know, sir. I had Dr. Plajina send for him. Why don’t you ask him yourself?

ELDRITCH
The tests were ridiculous, dad, how am I supposed to get a mech to navigate a-

VORTU
Th-this is your son!?

PRYCE
The tests are a fair and accurate test of your V.O.P. ability. It is not my fault that you have none.

ELDRITCH
We talked about this before, dad, I need the job.

PRYCE
And you will get a job. You are now DN’s chief technician. All those hours you spend tinkering with your models and assisting with the construction of Virtuaroids can finally get you somewhere.

ELDRITCH
I make it to the finals in your silly tournament, and you make me a freaking technician!?

PRYCE
Not just a technician. The chief technician. The technician above the technicians.

ELDRITCH
Max is a pilot, Frank is a pilot, freaking Marina is a pilot, and they were eliminated before I was! I want an answer, a real answer, and I want it now.

PRYCE
I’m sorry, son. Either you have it or you don’t.

ELDRITCH
What IS “it”? I can fumble around with a couple of joysticks as well as anyone else.

AERODYNE
The very fact you fail to understand is proof you don’t have what it takes. Your father has just given you an elite, well paying job in Plant Zero. I suggest you get your act together.

ELDRITCH FINALLY NOTICES VORTU

ELDRITCH
You!? What are you doing here!?

VORTU
Well-

AERODYNE
Mr. Vortu has been chosen to pilot the Jaguar.

ELDRITCH
Did you pass the tests? You didn’t even take the tests, did you!?

PRYCE
He didn’t have too. His performance was on a whole other level.

ELDRITCH
I see.
BEAT
This is too much. This is just crazy. There’s something weird going on here. Nothing you’re saying even makes sense.

ELDRITCH LOOKS INTO GENERAL AERODYNE’S GLARING EYES. HE ISN’T HAPPY, BUT HE IS SCARY. TIME TO GET HIS ACT TOGETHER.

SIGH. So… where do I report as chief technician?

PRYCE
Attaboy. Your office is on the top floor of the Repairman Nation Association building. Check in with Mick, he’ll tell you everything you need to know to get started.

ELDRITCH
Well then…

ELDRITCH EXITS, DEFLATED, DEFEATED, AND INTERNALLY, FURIOUS.

VORTU
Poor guy.

PRYCE
He’ll live.
BEAT
So! I think it’s time to started with the formalities. The sooner you get them over with, the sooner you can get into the cockpit. Shoot, I think I’m as anxious to see you in action as you are. Let’s get to Dr. Plajina’s place, he’s got all the forms you’ll need. Maybe you’ll even get a look at his daughter’s new, eheh... "toy".
ImageImage
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

hey, nice script, man!
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

Thanks! Glad someone actually took the time to read it :lol: I'm still working on it, I'll keep you updated as new pages start to appear.
ImageImage
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

thank you, thank you very much!
Some_Nob
Gamertag: Some Nob 360

Post by Some_Nob »

Dude - nice work, where's the rest!!! That was an awesome read but now am deflated as there is no more!
~~~~~~~~~~
Don't argue with an idiot! They will lower your intelligence to their level, then beat you with experience.

GT:Some_Nob 360
VR:Fei Yen Kn
VO4: TBA

Australia, Brisbane - a founding member of BrisVOC - for VOOM(OMG).
~~~~~~~~~~
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MasterFygar »

Some_Nob wrote:Dude - nice work, where's the rest!!! That was an awesome read but now am deflated as there is no more!
Thank you so much! Glad someone else actually read it :lol:

I actually have a bit more written but that computer crashed... I'll get it over and post it as soon as possible since this topic is seeing some activity.
ImageImage
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

Bummer about the computer crash, dude :(