Could it be!?

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Could it be!?

Post by MasterFygar »

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-VIRTUAL-ON-BOA ... 19be98bbbe

This isn't the Live Monitor board, is it? It looks kind of like a power supply but mine is too buried inside the cab to see and I really don't want to dissasemble this bad boy again. I don't know what the live monitor mod looked like, so if this is it...
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Could it be!?

Post by MentholMoose »

I don't think so. The live monitor will have a complete model 2 which is way bigger than this.
MentholMoose
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

speaking of the Live Monitor, those things first came in use on those 8-player Virtua Racing game machines, and there would also be these "virtual sportscasts" featuring a commentator named "Virt McPolygon"
Akuma_from_Germany

Post by Akuma_from_Germany »

This is just the sound amplifier.

As for the live monitor, I only know that the Naomi OT 5.66 version had an option to be set to "Broadcast" or something like that in the same setting that sets to DNA or RNA side. So maybe it was the same with the Model 2 version.
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

That's what some Japanese players told me about Model 2, but there is no such option... only "Master" or "Slave" (the OMG equivelants of DNA and RNA sides) @_@ There is some way to activate it that only SEGA techs knew... if only I could find one, haha. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. Knowing how it works in Oratan may be more helpful than it sounds, actually...
ImageImage
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

How do the two Model 2 boards connect in your 2P setup? It may be possible to just add a third in a loop, at which point the Live Monitor options will appear. As far as 5.66 for Naomi goes, there was no Live Monitor mode. It did exist in 5.4 for Model 3, though.
MentholMoose
Akuma_from_Germany

Post by Akuma_from_Germany »

MentholMoose wrote:How do the two Model 2 boards connect in your 2P setup? It may be possible to just add a third in a loop, at which point the Live Monitor options will appear. As far as 5.66 for Naomi goes, there was no Live Monitor mode. It did exist in 5.4 for Model 3, though.
Hmmmmm... I thought it is under "Game Assignments" - I wrote my last post from my memory so I was a bit unclear but I just checked on my Naomi. You select Seat A/Good or B/Evil on top, but under "Link", you can select between Master, Slave and Satellite. Just an idea (don't got enough hardware to check it out) but I guess Master is selected for DNA seat, Slave for RNA seat and a theoretical broadcast Naomi setup linked to the above would be "Satellite"... Just an idea though. Moose, you really should have gotten that 5.66 Arcade manual from YAJ! ;)

As for Model 2 B CRX - if I am not mistaken you link via optical TOSlink like the Naomi.
MentholMoose wrote:As far as 5.66 for Naomi goes, there was no Live Monitor mode. It did exist in 5.4 for Model 3, though.
Aren't those elusive 5.66 Live Monitors?

http://www.oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=284
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Akuma_from_Germany wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:As far as 5.66 for Naomi goes, there was no Live Monitor mode. It did exist in 5.4 for Model 3, though.
Aren't those elusive 5.66 Live Monitors?

http://www.oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=284
Those screens are mirrors of the 1P and 2P screens, using some kind of video splitter. Live Monitor is different, it is a kind of free roaming camera that tries to cover the action in an interesting way. It is a different POV than either player and thus needs a dedicated board. In arcade 5.2/5.4, if you are playing single player on one side and the other side is empty, it will show the Live Monitor view of your game. This is gone from arcade 5.66. I have never seen a Live Monitor setup with arcade 5.66. Only a handful of Naomi games support linking three or more boards, and those that do (e.g. F355) need a special BIOS whereas 5.66 uses a standard BIOS.
MentholMoose