Some interesting things i've just noticed...

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Some interesting things i've just noticed...

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I just got in the mail a copy of Virtual On PC MMX (an actuall pressed copy), and the seller included a copy of the sega saturn manual...

Which was utterly pointless, but here's a couple things that some of you may find entertaining.

First off, on the front cover of the manual; "Sega Saturn Exclusive"

*holds up the pc disk* uh huh...

Secondly, there's an advert on the back for the Saturn twinsticks! There's also notes in the manual about using them. I'm guessing it was "planned" to bring the twinsticks over at one point, or, where they avalable at some point through order maybe? *snicker* doubt it, but this is interesting...

Thoughts?
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Re: Some interesting things i've just noticed...

Post by chunkypuff31 »

This is probably a stupid question, but is this the manual for the European version? I remember reading somewhere that the Euro. version actually mentioned the Twinsticks' compatibility.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

chunkypuff31 wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but is this the manual for the European version? I remember reading somewhere that the Euro. version actually mentioned the Twinsticks' compatibility.
Seeing as how it has an ESRB rating, and the manual says SEGA of America in the credits section, i'm gonna guess not...A valid question though, i should've been specific about regions ^^()
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
darksakul

Post by darksakul »

Controllers are not region locked, so none of us have to worry.

As for the games them selves, the North American and European versions of Virtual on still has the basic core programing from the Japanese version.
Meaning they all use the same graphic engine, drivers and system resources. I do not see why the Saturn Twin Sticks would not work on US and European consoles.
It was more likely the twin-stick controller did not come over because they did not think it would sell.

Rewind back to the late 80s to mid/ late 90s; Releases go in this order, Japan, US, Europe, Everywhere else. The Sega Saturn did not do too well in the market place compared to the Play Station (PS1) in North America. And often European market place decisions are based on the performance of US games and gaming items. So US sales dictate what items are released in Europe and so on.