Cust-Plus

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Cust-Plus

Post by somepunk »

For those who want to locate it...since it's not the easiest thing to piece together. This was originally in a twinstick post, so I'm relocating it.

This is what you need:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... e_id=91051

burn onto standard disc, using a demo of discjuggler, perhaps. Insert into dreamcast, then insert the customization disc. When it loads, select your character and press Y to test!

:)

Also, for those who don't know, this combined with the 5.66 customization disc allows you to use the three 5.66 exclusive characters, Stein-Vok, 10/80, and Apharmd C. When I first found this, it was like a dream come true! Now with the re-release, not nearly as significant, but it's still awesome!
Last edited by admin on 28 Apr 2009, 09:18, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed link
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Cust-Plus

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I recomend ImgBurn, it's free, small, free, and burns dreamcast disks quite well.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

I have about three programs that work, never tried that though, I'll look into it :)
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

to be fair, i've yet to actually try to burn DC disks with it, but it does burn other types of bootable disks quite well...

I'll try burning the 5.60 disk with it and report back...

Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Sweet, though the link is dead or incomplete.

Do you have the proper link, assuming it's not dead.

Thank.

Edit, never mind, I found the full link.

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... e_id=91051

Thanks again.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

the link didn't post to the forum correctly.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... e_id=91051

there you go. ^^

NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

Ok, I've been out of the DC burning loop for a while.

Which of these files do I need to download and what exactly happens? Does this basically just let you fight with the 3 "new" VRs in mirror matches? or does this inject them into the normal game somehow?

Edit: I'm dumb. I didn't read the first post right. Carry on.
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

Does using the 5.66 customize disc with cust-plus require the Japanese version of VOOT? I only have the American version, and although I was told my DC could play import games when I bought it, I suspect the guy was being a bit less than honest.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Dudley wrote:Does using the 5.66 customize disc with cust-plus require the Japanese version of VOOT? I only have the American version, and although I was told my DC could play import games when I bought it, I suspect the guy was being a bit less than honest.
The customize disc is standalone, separate from Dreamcast VOOT, so you can't "use" it with either the US or Japanese version. It was intended only for customizing VR color schemes and quick messages for use with arcade VOOT VER.5.66. However, the cust-plus disc "unlocks" the preview mode so you can try the new VRs. The engine is different than VER.5.66, it's basically VER.5.45, hence the unofficial moniker "VER.5.60".
MentholMoose
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

Also, about the Playing Imports thing. Its very very simple with the Dreamcast. Bootdisks are very plentiful to download on the internet so once you have one of those you can boot pretty much anything on your DC. No real dishonesty.
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

MentholMoose wrote:
Dudley wrote:Does using the 5.66 customize disc with cust-plus require the Japanese version of VOOT? I only have the American version, and although I was told my DC could play import games when I bought it, I suspect the guy was being a bit less than honest.
The customize disc is standalone, separate from Dreamcast VOOT, so you can't "use" it with either the US or Japanese version. It was intended only for customizing VR color schemes and quick messages for use with arcade VOOT VER.5.66. However, the cust-plus disc "unlocks" the preview mode so you can try the new VRs. The engine is different than VER.5.66, it's basically VER.5.45, hence the unofficial moniker "VER.5.60".
Ah. So I don't use the VOOT disc at all? I guess I need a boot disc, then, because the customize disc doesn't do anything but make the drive spin like crazy.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Dudley wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
Ah. So I don't use the VOOT disc at all? I guess I need a boot disc, then, because the customize disc doesn't do anything but make the drive spin like crazy.
Right, the VOOT disc isn't used. The customize disc should be bootable and region free. Did you burn it at a lower speed (I'd recommend 16x or lower)? What software did you use?
MentholMoose
DarK-SuN

Post by DarK-SuN »

Hmmmm, can't manage to get the cust-plus to boot my VOOT 5.45 (US) correctly, can't access any extra options.
Will have to try with the VOOT "5.60" Customization Disc, that's one thing I didn't try yet.
GamerTag: Ichimoto
VOOM: Apharmd and Raiden VR Pilot
VOOT: Apharmd B, Apharmd C and Raiden VR Pilot
MARZ: Apharmd J, APJ AC, Apharmd HATTER and Raiden VR Pilot
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

the cust-plus boot disc ONLY works with the Customization Disc.

I've yet to try it. I would have burnt and tried the cust-plus disc by now, but I ran out of black CDs. The last thing I burnt was the Customization Disc. I was surprised that I actually had any blank CDs left.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Long Shadow wrote:the cust-plus boot disc ONLY works with the Customization Disc.
WRONG!

Cust plus lets you play-test the vr's on the 5.60 customization disk. It also lets you used saved custom colored VR's in Single player or Training mode on either the American or Japanese version of VOOT DC.

For voot, on the VR select screen, press "Y" while your on the machine you want to use a custom color for, then select it, when the match loads, your vr will be using the new colors. This is only in Arcade and Training btw...

Additional note: In arcade, your custom colors are retained in the "continue" screen, and also during the standard ending. I thought this was neat. ^^

Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

I stand corrected.

Once you've used the Customization Disc to change the colour of your VR, do you need to use the cust-plus disc on either JPN/USA VOOT to use these custom colours, or is just the Save file from the Customization Disc sufficient?
Last edited by Long Shadow on 21 Apr 2009, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Long Shadow wrote:I stand corrected.

Once you've used the Customization Disc to change the colour of you VR, do you need to use the cust-plus disc on either JPN/USA VOOT to use these custom colours, or is just the Save from the Customization Disc sufficient?
you need the cust-plus to boot Voot, and you need a saved custom vr on the main vmu.

Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Cool, Thanks for the Correction.
Dudley

Post by Dudley »

MentholMoose wrote:
Dudley wrote:
MentholMoose wrote:
Right, the VOOT disc isn't used. The customize disc should be bootable and region free. Did you burn it at a lower speed (I'd recommend 16x or lower)? What software did you use?
I used BootDreams to burn it at 8x speed, and used a Lightscribe disc because I didn't have any regular CD-R's left. I burned the cust-plus disc right after and that one works fine. I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens.
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Wow, I wish I had a forum to discuss this about 5 months ago when I had to piece all this together with the fragments of the internet...was not fun!

I still have problems with getting the color loading to work correctly, it sometimes just doesn't work, for no reason.

Theres actually a more stable build of cust-plus that you can acquire from the solidus page, but you need to use bootdreams to convert the .ELF to a .CDI

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Den ... nload.html

download the third one down, cust-plus 2003/03/05.

It's more stable, and actually lets you play every level with the customization disc without the "white letter" glitch!