Cust-Plus

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Cust-Plus

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

somepunk wrote:Wow, I wish I had a forum to discuss this about 5 months ago when I had to piece all this together with the fragments of the internet...was not fun!

I still have problems with getting the color loading to work correctly, it sometimes just doesn't work, for no reason.

Theres actually a more stable build of cust-plus that you can acquire from the solidus page, but you need to use bootdreams to convert the .ELF to a .CDI

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Den ... nload.html

download the third one down, cust-plus 2003/03/05.

It's more stable, and actually lets you play every level with the customization disc without the "white letter" glitch!
where can i get bootdreams, and does it let you do anything else?
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Here ya go, made you a fresh link!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DIX8T89Q

and it has a few options in a simple interface, very good tool to have, with a small size!
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I ment the newer cust plus. Does it have any new options/extras avalable?

Also, thanks for the link ^^
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

There aren't any additions, you can still load custom colors in both VOOTs, and can use test mode in the customization disc for the 5.66 characters.

The major difference is stability, I've found that the later build has no glitches in test mode and loads my custom VR better.

heres the link once more

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Den ... nload.html

download cust-plus 2003/03/05版
DarK-SuN

Post by DarK-SuN »

I tried Cust-Plus with the 5.60 Customisation Disc just now, Apharmd C is fun!
I know the one in 5.66 plays a bit different (and doesn't have some missing effects the one in the customisation disc does) since 5.66 is somewhat faster than 5.45/5.60(customisation disc), but it was a good demo for me of what to expect from APC.
Not too different from APB, but enough to keep it interesting, at least for me. :)

Have a feeling that I'll have 3 (APB, APC and Raiden) main VRs in 5.66 instead of just 2 (APB and Raiden) like in 5.20 and 5.45. :P
GamerTag: Ichimoto
VOOM: Apharmd and Raiden VR Pilot
VOOT: Apharmd B, Apharmd C and Raiden VR Pilot
MARZ: Apharmd J, APJ AC, Apharmd HATTER and Raiden VR Pilot
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

I plan on making APC a main, I absolutely love his style, reminds me of a bit of the original VOOM mixed with APB and APS.

I enjoy stein-vok as well, but he's missing his some effects as well. And 10/80's hitbox is completely broken lol.
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Its a shame a few of you are just now finding this, when i first stumbled (literally) across it, I was pretty sure it was the only taste of 5.66 I ever would own, so I treated it like something sacred lol.

Then sega decides to revitalize the franchise! grr

But at least now we'll be able to use them in full versus combat!
The World - 2.0
Gamertag: MakutaTeridax

Post by The World - 2.0 »

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry for bumping this ancient topic, but I need some info from you guys regarding Cust-Plus. Is it at all possible to use both Cust-Plus and the customization disc on an emulator for Dreamcast, like NullDC? Because I managed to re-create a couple of my custom-color VRs from the Xbox 360 version using NullDC and a .cdi file of the v5.66 customization disc I found at theisozone.com, and I just wanted to know if it was possible to play-test the VRs on an Dreamcast emulator, with the help of Cust-Plus.
"I am the ultimate being... There is no hope... My hammer of death shall rain down upon you."
-The World ~ Type-β, from House of the Dead 4.

Favorite VRs: VOOT Angelan, Fei-Yen Kn, and Temjin.
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Post by Fredo »

Hey, I played the 5.66 Customization Disc with Cust Plus the other day, and realized 10/80sp does not have his Gliding Ram special attack, but instead some kind of Temjin's Spinning Sword, anyone has infos about this change ?
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I don't know anything about that but there are a lot of gameplay changes between 5.45 and 5.66 in general. It's much more than I see any English website talk about. The whole game is re-tuned and some mechs have changed move specifics for some moves. The game engine and overall mechanics seem the same to me, although neoken thinks 5.66 somehow became faster in general. Some mechs do have altered movement speeds and I suspect this may be what he notices.