VOOT Customize disc

Discuss VO-related videos, replays, images, models, toys, etc.
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

VOOT Customize disc

Post by Dreamcazman »

I found this while trawling the net, not sure if it works yet as I haven't burnt it to disc, but I'm sure some of you will appreciate it ;)

http://www.snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=25053
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Re: VOOT Customize disc

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

yes, it works, thats what i use.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:yes, it works, thats what i use.
Cool, yeah I just tried it with nullDC and all is good.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Good find.

But, is that a dead link? It aint working for me.
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

Damn, sorry guys, it was working this morning!

I downloaded it this morning! :shock:

Hopefully it comes back online soon.
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

The link is working now.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Whats funny is that got uploaded on my birthday ^^

I didn't know about it till a couple months later, but that was still cool.

Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

It is funny how thing work out.

I burnt the disc and it works. I hope they update the 360 version to include the emblem creation. It would be interesting to see what people come up with.

Looking at the disc it has an option to edit your "quick messages". I didn't know VOOT had this. Is this unique to v5.66, or did the Japanese DC version also have it?

The funny thing is, on the official 360 VOOT site, there was an interview a few weeks back with one of the Devs, and I though it was odd for someone to ask if the 360 version would have text chat.
I was thinking why would anyone want text chat when you could just talk over LIVE. After seeing the Customize Disk, that question makes some sense now. Though, it's not really text "chat", just some pre-written user messages that you send to your opponent at the touch of a button or two.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

it was confirmed that the quick message system would not be in the 360 release, nor emblem creation for that matter.

I assume however, that the picture on your sbl ID will be used in place of an emblem.....

somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

I had this link, I didn't know how menthol would feel about giving it out lol.
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

It would be better to discuss these things on the chat, but I guess it's OK as long as you're not directly linking to the download. Realistically, it's probably not a big deal anyway considering it came on demo disc and was not a full-blown game for sale.
MentholMoose
Dreamcazman
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Dreamcazman »

MentholMoose wrote:It would be better to discuss these things on the chat, but I guess it's OK as long as you're not directly linking to the download. Realistically, it's probably not a big deal anyway considering it came on demo disc and was not a full-blown game for sale.
That's what I was thinking. ;)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Long Shadow wrote:Looking at the disc it has an option to edit your "quick messages". I didn't know VOOT had this. Is this unique to v5.66, or did the Japanese DC version also have it?
It was only for VER.5.66.
MentholMoose
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:it was confirmed that the quick message system would not be in the 360 release, nor emblem creation for that matter.

I assume however, that the picture on your sbl ID will be used in place of an emblem.....
I know those are confirmed as not being in the XBL version, but I still think it would be interesting if that emblem editor would be added later (via update), if just to see what people would come up with. And I never though about using one's GamerPicture as an emblem. Interesting idea. As for the Quick Message, I don't really care about that, as voice chat will be fine.

Thanks MM.
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Well excellent then, anyone who hasn't combined this with my cust-plus thread, should do so immediately to maybe get some brief practice with APC and Stein!
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Another great find. Many thanks.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Long Shadow wrote: And I never though about using one's GamerPicture as an emblem. Interesting idea.
it's also posable that pre-made emblems are available. You can see clearly in the trailer, Sega-00 and Sega-07? 2 sega test things, both clearly have some kind of emblem next to their name in-game. they could be gamer pictures, or pre-made emblems that are selectable, i'm not sure personally, i'm also not sure they will still be there in the final release.

My point was, I can't exactly take credit for the idea, it's kinda-sorta already there ^^;;;;

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
Long Shadow wrote: And I never though about using one's GamerPicture as an emblem. Interesting idea.
it's also posable that pre-made emblems are available. You can see clearly in the trailer, Sega-00 and Sega-07? 2 sega test things, both clearly have some kind of emblem next to their name in-game. they could be gamer pictures, or pre-made emblems that are selectable, i'm not sure personally, i'm also not sure they will still be there in the final release.

My point was, I can't exactly take credit for the idea, it's kinda-sorta already there ^^;;;;
I had assumed those emblems were pre-made, similar to the ones available in Dreamcast VOOT network versus. Though I don't have a 360 and didn't even know about "GamerPictures". :lol:
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:

I had assumed those emblems were pre-made, similar to the ones available in Dreamcast VOOT network versus. Though I don't have a 360 and didn't even know about "GamerPictures". :lol:
Gamer pictures appear on your gamer card, which is just a graphic thing you get with your silver xbl account.

For example:

http://live.xbox.com/member/Lt Testament
my gamer profile link, with my gamercard, gamerpicture is the pic on the top left corner, nothing special. I assume you can alsu use a pic of your Avatar in the new Xbox Experience dashboard, but since i don't have it yet...well, i'll let you know about that one when i find out.

Long Shadow

Post by Long Shadow »

Yes, you can take pics of you Avatar. If you have the Vision Camera (360's web camera), you can take a pic of yourself, or just about anything non-offensive.

My current one is a Pac ghost as you can see. Below the pac-ghost are not gamerpics, just the last 5 games I played.

MM, don't forget, you get one month of gold membership free with any new LIVE account.

And in the trailer, they are Gamer Pictures next to Sega-00 and Sega-07. So I guess that makes emblem creation kinda redundant, kinda.

Side note, you can see the VMU partially in the trailer at the 55s mark. Didn't notice it before.