Any Japanese speakers who could translate something for me?

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Any Japanese speakers who could translate something for me?

Post by twistedsymphony »

Does anyone here speak Japanese? I'd like to send emails out to a few Japanese game distributors to see if I can find a cabinet graphics set... basically I need someone to help me translate this simple message so I can send out a few emails:
Hello,
I'm interested in buying arcade cabinet stickers for Virtual On Oratorio Tangram. Like the ones in this picture: http://konaken.img.jugem.jp/20110919_2776161.jpg
I need the side stickers, the seat back stickers, and the control panel stickers. Do you sell these? If not, could you direct me to someone who does?

Thank you.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Any Japanese speakers who could translate something for

Post by MentholMoose »

Did you ever find anyone? I guess you could use Google or Excite translation. Try to simplify the English as much as possible and the recipient will probably decipher the translated text successfully.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Post by twistedsymphony »

nah, never found anyone. I don't really trust google translate to do a good enough job to not just get me tossed out with the spam.

I did find a Japanese gaming forum where a good percentage of the members live in Japan and speak/write fluently however they all had a holier than thou attitude toward my request and refused to help me claiming that I was just wasting my time trying to contact Sega. (really, the only time I actually wasted was going through the lengthy registration process on that site to ask them for help)
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Bummer. Did you try contacting any arcade parts shops in Japan such as Manjiro or River Service?
MentholMoose