Conflicted.. regarding modding my Dreamcast TwinSticks...

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
Majiteque

Conflicted.. regarding modding my Dreamcast TwinSticks...

Post by Majiteque »

To start, I'm a Dreamcast collector..

And I've got just about every peripheral made for the console, however.. I only have one set of TwinSticks.

Since the launch of VOOT for XBox 360, I've been thinking of whether or not the sticks could be modded for use on that system.. sure enough, the mods started popping up on the internet, and I've been closely watching and following this boom (yes I've been lurking in just about all the topics on these forums). I've obtained the things I need to do my own mod as well, because as far as I can see; VOOT on XBox 360 is now the official VO for any fan of the series.

However, I'm conflicted. I want to keep my TwinSticks in good/unmodded condition, however, there's no other reason to own them other than to play VOOT.. see what I'm getting at? I know I could just get another pair but there's no doubt that all of you know just how expensive they've become just like I do. I could bite the bullet and just buy another pair but ultimately that'd be really unneccessary..

Just venting a bit I guess, because I'm 99% sure I'm just gonna end up modding the sticks I have..
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Conflicted.. regarding modding my Dreamcast TwinSticks...

Post by MentholMoose »

Majiteque wrote:To start, I'm a Dreamcast collector..

And I've got just about every peripheral made for the console, however.. I only have one set of TwinSticks.

Since the launch of VOOT for XBox 360, I've been thinking of whether or not the sticks could be modded for use on that system.. sure enough, the mods started popping up on the internet, and I've been closely watching and following this boom (yes I've been lurking in just about all the topics on these forums). I've obtained the things I need to do my own mod as well, because as far as I can see; VOOT on XBox 360 is now the official VO for any fan of the series.

However, I'm conflicted. I want to keep my TwinSticks in good/unmodded condition, however, there's no other reason to own them other than to play VOOT.. see what I'm getting at? I know I could just get another pair but there's no doubt that all of you know just how expensive they've become just like I do. I could bite the bullet and just buy another pair but ultimately that'd be really unneccessary..

Just venting a bit I guess, because I'm 99% sure I'm just gonna end up modding the sticks I have..
I'm not a hardcore collector, but I'm the same way to some extent. My solution was to build a completely reversible mod. I can revert my modded DC Twin Sticks back to "good/unmodded condition" at any time in a matter of minutes using only a screwdriver. There is a slight "ghetto" factor involved since I didn't permanently mount the required additions (the guide button and headset jack), but this is outweighed by my desire to have the ability to reverse the mod.
MentholMoose