Finally got my 360 :D

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
Fredo
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Fredo EA8D

Re: Finally got my 360 :D

Post by Fredo »

I just bought a Madcatz fightpad too (23.50 € ~ $35 ), but I will use the PCB for my Xbox 360 TwinStick, this is the easiest PCB to hack, no analog triggers ^^
VOOT: Raiden, Apharmd C, Apharmd B, Cypher, Temjin

French VO Pilot !
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

Got my copy of futari.. its damned awesome. The madcatz pad I ordered was broken, I'll order a Hori EX 2 pad when those are in stock at play-asia. Need a better pad so I can really get good at the game :)
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

My copy of Futari just got here a few days ago... damn airmail. I can't even reach half of your high score yet, although I'm just starting to get the hang of the scoring. The game is fun but it looks horrible on my LCD. Raiden Fighters Aces' visual filters are way, way better.

What are your typical scores at the end of the stages? I usually finish stage 1 with about 12 million and stage 2 with 35 million or so if I don't screw up. I'm too inconsistent at stage 3 to have a typical score yet...

Good pad, meh. I really like my Seimitsu stick.
Zaarock
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Zaarock
PSN: xaerock

Post by Zaarock »

I havent played in a bit and sort of switched to black label for now.. dont really remember my scoring patterns. On the highest score I have on 1.5 original I almost no-missed the game until stage 5(stage 4 boss had 2 pixels health left or such) I'll probably go back to 1.5 original when I've 1cced Black Label original with palm. Its taking play-asia ages to get those hori pads in stock, ugh. Ill play more when I have something else than a 360 pad.

Are you sure about the visual filters? with the additional effect options in maniac options mode you can set pixel by pixel width, transparency and smoothing of scanlines etc and ofc precise screen scaling options.

edit: 1cced black label with palm now.. disappointed though. No-missed until stage 5 and then ended up winning with no extra lives left. Bombed the 1up building again (durr) and tried to show off too much on Larsa (I beat the last form no-miss no-bomb with reco before) I think I'll try and get the 100,000 counter achievement now, seems like fun. On black label you essentially cant bomb or die at all or your counter plummets down, so should be fun as I wont need to think about bombing.
VOOT 2019 guide | VO4 Guide | 2009-generation
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Zaarock wrote:Are you sure about the visual filters? with the additional effect options in maniac options mode you can set pixel by pixel width, transparency and smoothing of scanlines etc and ofc precise screen scaling options.
I didn't know there were additional submenus when you press A when toggling through the screen presets. :oops: I'll have to play around with it, but it looks like I should have to problem tweaking it to my liking.