Off Topic: I Got Next

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Off Topic: I Got Next

Post by Knoxximus »

Bumped into this today. I'm sure that a lot of us are also fighter fans (or prone to competitive gaming in general). It's a fan made documentary about the fighting game community, squarely focused on Street Fighter IV.

http://igotnextmovie.com/
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Off Topic: I Got Next

Post by somepunk »

this is awesome, I'm huge into SFIV and all other 2D fighters (VO is just my favorite) and I love documentaries like these, great find!
Masters is in my last name, so you know I'm good! - Ken Masters
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

If you like the documentary type movies, you really should check out "Fist Full of Quarters" something with Donkey Kong. I caught about the last 2/3rds of it on G4 one day and got sucked in.

Essentially it follows a normal joe kind of guy who set the new world record for Donkey Kong arcade and how the current record holder did everything he could to sabotage him. It sounds pretty lame but the filmmaker does an excelent job pulling you in and having you root for this new guy in his quest to set the new world record :)
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

NGEFreek wrote:If you like the documentary type movies, you really should check out "Fist Full of Quarters" something with Donkey Kong. I caught about the last 2/3rds of it on G4 one day and got sucked in.

Essentially it follows a normal joe kind of guy who set the new world record for Donkey Kong arcade and how the current record holder did everything he could to sabotage him. It sounds pretty lame but the filmmaker does an excelent job pulling you in and having you root for this new guy in his quest to set the new world record :)
Is this the sequel/follow up to King of Kong? I remember hearing of this on G4, but never got to see it. Anywho...once I get home and get soem audio...i'm definitely going to watch this. I got really hardcore into 2D fighters about...8 or 9 years ago. SF + KoF = Greatness! *wishes for Capcom vs. SNK 3*

Abit off topic...what systems do you guys have SFIV, for? Any of you on PS3...or are you all 360ers waiting on the 5.66 release? *weeps*
"Nuh uh uh"
NGEFreek
Gamertag: NGE42

Post by NGEFreek »

It may be the King of Kong, I couldn't remember last night.

Theres nothing to make me want a PS3 in any way shape or form (Everything I have had thats sony has broken or fallen apart except for my little flashdrive walkman mp3 player) and I have no High Def setup, so Blu-Ray isn't really a draw for me.

360 or death.
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Im on 360. Btw, its on ps3 aswell!? Thats news to me. Dang, that would just mean competition is divided upinto consoles again like SFIV and SCIV. All my offline mates use ps3. Which sux.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

I have SF IV for both systems. My record is better on the PS3 though, as I tend to use my 360 for sparring/practice more than ranking. If you want some, my gamertag for both consoles is Knoxximus. :mrgreen:
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Aww, sorry you've had such bad experiences with [nearly]all things Sony, NGE. I've never had any trouble out of any of my Sony stuff, luckily. And yea i'm thinking it was part of King of Kong, what you're talking about. I want to buy that doc...it rocked. But no Davo...5.66 isn't coming out on PS3...which is why I weeped. *weeps again* But i'll add you Knoxximus...maybe we can throwdown some this weekend. I'll add you the next chance I get. Forewarning though...don't expect a whole lot of competition out of me...I'm nowhere near where I aim to be in that game yet. So I may be a bit of a letdown. =/
"Nuh uh uh"
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

I have SFIV on the PS3, with both the tourney and standard stick (the latter have gone through a full rebirth, they come pre broken, those damn madcatz pricks!) My PSN is ArcticFox.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Sweetness. Finding more and more players. This is great. My PSN is GMR4LFE, btw. If I forget to add you guys. Won't be home til really, really late tonight...so it may just be best for you all to add me. =P And somepunk...who do you use...Ken? :P
"Nuh uh uh"
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

I'm a primary Cammy, secondary ken!
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I only have a 360, but only because of 5.66.

I'd personally rather have a ps3, my ps2 and psp have done me right so far...
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

somepunk wrote:I have SFIV on the PS3, with both the tourney and standard stick (the latter have gone through a full rebirth, they come pre broken, those damn madcatz pricks!) My PSN is ArcticFox.
Haha I hear you on the standard stick...I'm STILL waiting for the Lizard Lick parts I ordered the last week of February. But I also have the tourney stick for both PS3 and 360 so I'm good. 8-)
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

i have: genesis, dreamcast, nes, snes, n64, gamecube, ps2, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBSP, and a PSP.(i still need a gameboy original), my brother has a 360, but i'm in boarding school, so i won't be playing with you guys :cry: :cry: I've been trying to get a hold of a saturn and OMG, also been trying to get a colecovision. (**** blu-ray, i'm-a gaming it up 16 bit bitches)

i'm actually planning to mod one of my two GBC's i'm going to add a backlight and maybe a few other things.
somepunk
Virtual-On Positive

Post by somepunk »

Knoxximus wrote:Haha I hear you on the standard stick...I'm STILL waiting for the Lizard Lick parts I ordered the last week of February. But I also have the tourney stick for both PS3 and 360 so I'm good. 8-)
I had to rip that bloody thing open, break a washer purposely at the base of the stick, and replace the buttons with sanwas, because all of the damn buttons were going out! argh!
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

i have: genesis, dreamcast, nes, snes, n64, gamecube, ps2, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBSP, and a PSP.(i still need a gameboy original), my brother has a 360, but i'm in boarding school, so i won't be playing with you guys :cry: :cry: I've been trying to get a hold of a saturn and OMG, also been trying to get a colecovision. (**** blu-ray, i'm-a gaming it up 16 bit bitches)

i'm actually planning to mod one of my two GBC's i'm going to add a backlight and maybe a few other things.