Self Introduction

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
Tet
Gamertag: Bakufuun

Self Introduction

Post by Tet »

I suppose I might as well begin by introducing myself here so everyone knows who I am when I post later. I go by the name 'Tet' online, which is short for the set of monikers I gave myself which are all variants of the original, Tetels. I only recently had the chance to be introduced to Virtual-On (i.e. Within the past two months), and I was interested enough to the point where I searched for a forum for videos I could observe in order to garner every bit of skill I could attempt to leech. The forum I found was this one, of course, and I've watched quite a few of the tournaments you have uploaded. I believe these are all the relevant details, other than the fact I was supposed to have VOOT XBLA on Friday, but circumstances changed due to a lack of money to buy the points. Nobody really cares about my personal life, I'll go ahead and assume, so I'll stop there on that matter.

There are a few points I'd like to mention. First, when I play my first online match, please do note I will refuse to play anyone who only has 200 gamerscore. I've seen matches from Menthol's PoV, and I could not tell anything at all he was doing due to the massive influx of death and destruction (I could tell what the other person was doing though. Still not really helpful in making me comfortable in playing him or anyone with that sort of dedication.). Second, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd like to ask PhantomPhoton for advice on how to play Temjin more like his style. Other help would be appreciated, sure, but I'm interested in how his style of play ticks. Finally clocking in at third, is there more Specineff or Cypher players online? I'm thinking of having my second VR I play be one of those, but I couldn't determine which, so I think I'll just go by whichever one has less players. Or at least until I have a chance to, you know, actually move them. That might be a little important.

Well, I think that's about it for anything actually necessary to say at this point. I'm glad to be part of this community now, and I look forward to getting destroyed by all of you. (I won't even delude myself into even having a fantasy that I could even pose a threat to anyone here.)
Area to remain blank until I stop procrastinating.
Wait...
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Self Introduction

Post by shamanic_beat »

Not many Cypher users around here. Not counting the Japanese ones there are Duetta Zephyr and Schooly D.
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Tet wrote:First, when I play my first online match, please do note I will refuse to play anyone who only has 200 gamerscore.
Don't worry:
- I think Menthol is the only VOOT player outside of Japan with a 200 gamerscore
- The AI sucks, so expect to lose your first match against a human, no matter who they are ;)
Tet wrote:is there more Specineff or Cypher players online?
Specineff: I don't think anybody else here mains it besides me, and it's fairly rare in Ranked in my experience
Cypher: Shamanic forgot to mention Zaarock, here's a somewhat recent match of ours. In Ranked I see more Cyphers than Specineffs, but they're still relatively uncommon.
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

Oh right. I've been associating Zaarock with Vanquish too much lately that I forgot about him playing Virtual On.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Welcome to the forum!
MentholMoose
Tet

Post by Tet »

I forgot to mention my reasoning for not going against anyone with 200 gamerscore. To me, that shows that person has extreme dedication to this game and there's (from what I think I'll learn about, anyways. Dodging would help, so I hope a match against Menthol is within my first 10 or so matches.) a 0% chance I'll learn anything in my first match other than how to get floored horribly by someone who's played this game from start to finish. I used Menthol as an example of someone who puts that level of dedication into this game because he was the first to come to mind while I was typing. It sounds like Specineff is the lesser used of the two, so I think I'll try him out first. I felt that I like him better, anyhow. It won't stop me about chuckling about how impractical scythes really are for combat, though. First things first, though, I need to get the actual game rather than just the demo. I hope I'll have a chance to learn something in my first match. Other than how to take a missile to the face.
Wait...
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Uhhh... I only have a 200 point gamerscore as well. Don't worry, though; compared to most everyone here, I'm not that great.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
Tet

Post by Tet »

Well, at least you're better than me. You've actually fought against something that can actually attack back. Now excuse me while I thank every holy and not for the AI Grys-Vok only being able to move backwards.
Wait...