SNES/Super Famicon - Xardion

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
Jecht Striker
Gamertag: Chad Hyoumaru

SNES/Super Famicon - Xardion

Post by Jecht Striker »

A little backstory first

I found a little gaming pawn shop outside of town recently. Sold a bunch of stuff I wasn't going to play anymore or didn't like in the first place, but moving on. Awhile ago I saw something I didn't expect there; a Super Famicon game. Upon closer inspection, I discovered this game was "Xardion", a mecha platforming game with mecha by several famous mecha artists, including Katoki. The game was in its box with manual (though heavily worn). The game looked fun, so I took it home (I later discovered, much to my surprise, the game HAD been localized in the past anyway), and after several SNES-related problems (not working anymore, cutting away the pegs in the new one), I got to try it out.

I discovered something odd. The game itself has no title screen. The moment I start it up, it goes straight to what seems to be a "planet select" screen, with all selectable levels open for play. I'm not sure gameplay is complete either. There are some levels where I can't seem to progress past a certain point.

I've checked videos of the english version of this game and they didn't seem to have the same issue. Anybody have any kind of idea what's up with this?
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Re: SNES/Super Famicon - Xardion

Post by Temjin747K »

maybe a glitch
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

it may be a fake. jecht can you post pics¿
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

Sounds like either a boot or a proto. Pics would help us determine.
ImageImage