"How would you feel" #4

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

"How would you feel" #4

Post by Temjin747K »

How would you feel if Sega, Hitmaker, and TV Tokyo got together and made a Cyber Troopers Virtual-On anime series? Like in the other three, I am just merely asking for opinion! =)

also, what do you think would make a good title for the theoretical VO anime series?

for me

Cyber Troopers Virtual-On: The Animation
Van0079

Re: "How would you feel" #4

Post by Van0079 »

For some reason, I want Clamp to be a part of it, even if just the writing.

Plus, it might be more likely to be an OVA.
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

Makoto Shinkai for background art, Madhouse for Character designs, Gainax for overall epicness.
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MechWarrior

Post by neo helbeast »

guarayakha wrote: Gainax
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

neo helbeast wrote:
guarayakha wrote: Gainax
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

I now want this to happen. I can see it now Virtual-On presented by Hasbro in partnership with Studio B. Scene opens in war zone with bombs exploding in air above shadowy figures. Pan down to reveal Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash ducking down in a trench. Pinkie Pie has a quad laser strapped to her back and tank treads for legs. Rainbow Dash has face visor to cover up her face burns that she got after being irradiated by an ICBM. She has metal grieves on to keep her legs together after being broken from falling through the stratosphere.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

:lol:
MentholMoose
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

lolz
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

I'm surprised no one hasn't tried modifying one of those My Little Pony toys into a VR pony. Someone on this forum with the modeling skills needed should do just that, if only for the lulz.

Back on the original subject at hand, if they were to make a Virtual On anime, it'd most likely be an OVA series. If that were the case, I'd prefer that Sunrise animate it, so it'd have the same animation quality as Gundam Unicorn. Granted, that would mean that they'd only release episodes at about a rate of two per year, but I'd be more than happy to wait. Plotwise, I'd like to see some original stories be done over animating pre-existing ones (OMR, Fragmentery Passage, etc), although anything's good. Maybe feature events that occur at the same time as the games?

The hardest part about making a Virtual-On anime, I think, is how they would actually animate the VRs themselves. Everyone recognizes the robots from Virtual-On for zipping around the stages really fast. If they just had them walk and jump around like they do in Gundam, etc, what'd be the point in making a Virtual-On anime? But at the same time, it'd be impossible to animate the Virtuaroids at the same speed that most matches of VOOT play at. The challange would be trying to find a balance between having the Virtuaroids behave accurately to the games (speed and all), but not be so fast that it'd give some people seizures. They would also have to figure out how they would show battles between multiple Virtuaroids at once. They can't just have a bunch of one-on-one fights going on at once. Real wars don't work that way. By tackling these issues, they would be on the right track towards showing the battles between DNA/RNA/MARZ/Shadow/Ghosts/SHBVD/etc. in a way that's similar to the games, but still believable (within the context of the Virtual-On universe, anyway).

Or they could do what most mecha series do these days and just have the story focus on a high school of anorexic pretty-boys and their relationships and such with equally thin big-breasted girls, and just have the robots appear every once in a while as a background for the plot. Or whatever it is that otaku are into these days.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

what about MARZ?
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

chunkypuff31 wrote:I'm surprised no one hasn't tried modifying one of those My Little Pony toys into a VR pony. Someone on this forum with the modeling skills needed should do just that, if only for the lulz.
There is some pretty cool mods out there and I'd be totally down with making one. I just need to find out what a good base pony would be.
chunkypuff31
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: chunkypuff 3 1

Post by chunkypuff31 »

Now I want to really see something come out of this. If you could post which one would be the base, I can go ahead and do some preliminary line-art to plan it out for you, if you want.
Examples of unintended hilarity, generously provided by Vash:
"With Geico, you can save thousands of money!"
"I am the only one playing with myself at night."
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

I want Virtual On Madokario Tangram
MasterFygar
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MasterFygar

Post by MasterFygar »

I'm tempted to use one my ancient first gen My Little Pony toys to make a VRPony. Is that a sign of the apocalypse?
ImageImage
neo helbeast
Virtual-On Positive

Post by neo helbeast »

MasterFygar wrote:I'm tempted to use one my ancient first gen My Little Pony toys to make a VRPony. Is that a sign of the apocalypse?
No. Not really. Also see this: http://www.oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=466
guarayakha
Virtual-On Positive

Post by guarayakha »

shamanic_beat wrote:I want Virtual On Madokario Tangram
Haha, I guess the artist hated Marz as well :lol: Angelan's reaction to it was priceless.
Temjin747K
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Temjin747K »

very funny indeed