Deals thread

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
VOTwinstick
Gamertag: VOTwinstick

Re: Deals thread

Post by VOTwinstick »

@VOTwinstick on Twitter / VOTwinstick on Twitch & Niconico / VO-MC / Temjin from Green Hills to Jupiter!
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Post by twistedsymphony »

VOTwinstick wrote:OOOOOPPPPPSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271542812038?ss ... 1555.l2649
it might be the cheapest on eBay right now but they typically go for way less:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Saturn-Twi ... 5d4b96bf09

here's one for a whopping $6 on YAJ: http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f136808242
... and it comes with the game.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Post by MentholMoose »

Yeah SS Twin Sticks are dirt cheap in Japan. Unfortunately shipping kills the deal for gaijin.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

indeed, though I've been using Shopping Mall Japan for all my importation and they're really great. items under 4lbs and under a certain size get batched shipped via container to the US for free.. then you only have to pay shipping from their US office to your home.

I've had a few boxes about this size imported and shipped only ended up being about $12 for the USPS priority.

Of course now I'm importing a set of model 3 PCBs which were too big to batch so I'm fretting the import costs. :lol:
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

If you have a Citi credit card you can get a $10 promo credit from Amazon.com. All that seems to be necessary is to add the Citi card to you Amazon account, then using a browser on a mobile device log on to the site and click this link:

Citi credit card promo

You should get a confirmation message that the credit has been applied. To use it just make a purchase at Amazon.com with that Citi card by October 19. I was able to use it to get $10 off Akiba's Trip. :)
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The Citibank deal at Amazon.com is back. Here is the URL:

Citibank promo
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Amazon has the official Xbox 360 wired controller for $25.99.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Exactly what I need. It may be time for me to finally get a new controller that (hopefully) works. If past experience with all my used/tested controllers so far continues to hold though, any new controller is just a potshot stab of luck regarding the quality of the direction pad it will have.

Is this as cheap as it gets? By the way it currently says $25.00
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

$25.00 is even better and is the lowest price in the last several years (if not ever) from Amazon. Unfortunately it appears to be sold out now. You can check current and historical prices on most Amazon items at camelcamelcamel.com, as well as set alerts.
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Dang the sale ended. Looks like I will have to put up with lousy controllers for a while longer. Actually the controllers remained at $25 for over a week. Even though they were always out of stock, you could still order them.

Unfortunately, as happens to me often these days, the raised $35 threshold for free shipping prevented me from completing the order. Since they implemented it roughly a year ago, I'd estimate that 80% of all my potential amazon orders ended up not being submitted, due to me being unable to find a desirable (and cheap) add-on to meet the threshold. Normally this would not be a problem as amazon has tons of stuff and it's easy to find random things I want. However, over the last year or two I have noticed that amazon prices have risen noticeably and I cannot find as many cheap items (compared to elsewhere) as before.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Some PSN games are on sale. Check this blog article linked below. If you don't need a physical disk there are some good deals such as Hatsune Miku on PS3 for $20.

October Flash Sale: More than 20 Games, 30 Movies Discounted
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Black Friday is here! Anyone have any deals in their sights?

If your Xbox 360 is dead you get can a new one for $99.99 on eBay from Newegg.

Xbox 360 4GB Bundle Image
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Newegg (via eBay) has the Xbox One bundle for $329.99 (includes Assassin's Creed Unity and 12-months Xbox Live).

Xbox One Bundle Image
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

Holy crap it says 5000 people bought the xbox 360 on your link and it's sold out now, haha. Oh well, it says they don't ship to Alaska/Hawaii anyway.

I'm not really targeting anything right now. I could definitely use a better HDTV but I'm too lazy to move my stuff around. I was hoping there would be deals on Microsoft Points again, since I've almost used up the $200 worth of MSP I purchased two black fridays ago.

I've still got $18 on my main US account and $40 of them preloaded onto my Japan region account, though (which shall be used to purchase VOOM but I've been waiting in vain for a sale on it). If I get frugal that might last me until the end of my xbox lifetime.

I've been splurging way too much on stuff in general though for the last month, a lot of it coming from Japan as I try to take advantage of the exchange rate.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Porcupine wrote: crap it says 5000 people bought the xbox 360 on your link and it's sold out now, haha.
Target actually had a similar deal on the Xbox One. It was a similar price to the deal above but also included a $50 Target gift card.

This Black Friday I bought a few small things, but the main thing I need is a new laptop. My current one (a ThinkPad) isn't too bad, but it's over four years old with an expired warranty, and I kind of want a new one. My current one has a TN screen (very mediocre even though it's 1080p), dual-core CPU (not too bad), 8 GB RAM, (somewhat limiting), and only SATA2 (turned out to be a limitation due to SSDs being so fast). I want to upgrade to one with an IPS screen, quad-core CPU, 16 GB RAM, and a bigger faster SATA3 SSD.

So far I've scored a large SSD (480 GB) for a very nice price ($135) and a 16 GB RAM kit ($110), but I still need to buy the laptop to put them in. I'm planning to get another ThinkPad and Lenovo's Black Friday promo goes all weekend, so maybe later today I will order it. Or maybe I will wait until their Cyber Monday deal is online since it might be better. To be safe I may place an order using the Black Friday promo and just cancel and reorder it if the Cyber Monday promo is better.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Anyone need to renew their Xbox Live Gold? eBay has a 12-month card for $39.99.
Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Subscription Card Image
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:Anyone need to renew their Xbox Live Gold? eBay has a 12-month card for $39.99.
Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Subscription Card Image
good deal!

I buy it but I've run with so many of these deals in the past my XBL wont expire until sometime in 2018 :lol:
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

My Live subscription was almost up so I bought one of these cards. I received it today. Besides all the text being in Korean it worked fine. :D
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Amazon has the Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for $25.95.
MentholMoose
Palmpoa
Gamertag: Palmpoa

Post by Palmpoa »

-
Last edited by Palmpoa on 30 Jul 2016, 09:45, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

16.33 (.021)
21 VR...