Deals thread

Gaming-related threads & forum meta.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: MentholMoose
PSN: MentholMoose_

Re: Deals thread

Post by MentholMoose »

If you're thinking of getting an Xbox 360, Newegg a good deal on a bundle of the 250 GB Xbox 360 with two games for $249.99.

Microsoft XBOX 360 Holiday Bundle w/Skyrim & Forza 4 250 GB Hard DriveImage
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Anyone find any good deals for Black Friday? Amazon has their PS3 bundle for $200.

PS3 250 GB Black Friday 2012 Bundle

With the PlayStation 3 Black Friday Bundle including, a 250GB PS3 System, the Uncharted Dual Pack, and the Infamous Collection, you can have the best console for gamers at the best price.

With over 200 Game of the Year Awards, the UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack features two of the best games ever made. Play as modern-day fortune hunter, Nathan Drake on two breathtaking adventures and experience why UNCHARTED is the closest you’ll ever get to “playing” a blockbuster action movie.

Experience the Legend of Cole MacGrath with the inFAMOUS Collection. Play an accidental hero granted with extraordinary abilities. Will you defeat the evil that awaits, or bring about world destruction?
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set

Post by MentholMoose »

Also I saw this, which looks pretty cool. Currently there isn't much of a discount, though.
  • Experience Past and Present Street Fighter Games: Gamers get a snapshot of Street Fighter with four critically-acclaimed games that represent important chapters in Street Fighter history.
  • Light-up Ryu Statue: Standing 8 inches tall, the highly detailed Ryu statue features the iconic character in mid- Shoryuken with flames that light up from below.
  • Blu-Ray Video Set: The exclusive Blu-Ray two-disc set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans - and vice versa - throughout the years.
  • Soundtrack: 11 discs worth of Street Fighter music spanning the past 25 years. Two of the discs include remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games.
  • Art Book: The 64-page art book pays tribute to Street Fighter fans from all over the world and includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set - PS3 - $144.55
Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set - Xbox 360 - $113.99
MentholMoose
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I think the deal is over already but 1600 Microsoft Points were on sale for $10 this past Black Friday at Target. The deal was always questionable so I wasn't able to confirm it in time to post it here, but it ended up being semi-legitimate.

I got a bunch of cards for myself and perhaps another person who wants one or two, but not enough for everyone. But perhaps some other forum members stocked up as well?

The good news is that regardless of whether or not you snatched up any of these, the 1600 Microsoft Point cards are going to be on Ebay or amazon for $12 to $15 for at least a year after this. The stores had pretty much infinite stock and you can see pics on some recent Ebay listings.
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Nice find. Hopefully it goes to a good home.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Any MGS fans? Amazon has the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for $19.99. The PS3 version is currently OOS. This collection includes three games: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - Xbox 360

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - PS3
MentholMoose
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

WOW. That is a fantastic dual. 800$ for TWO UNITS :shock:

VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

TigerDirect (on eBay) has a 12 months Xbox Live Gold card for $34.99.
Microsoft Xbox Live Gold Subscription Card

My Gold subscription just expired so I picked one up.
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The Microsoft Xbox 360 Essentials Pack plus a free copy of Doom 3 is $57.99 at Newegg.
The pack includes a Wireless Controller, Media Remote, High Speed HDMI Cable and a 3-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership.
ImageImage
Microsoft XBOX 360 Essentials Pack
MentholMoose
neoKEN
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: neoKEN360

Post by neoKEN »

Amazon 5 PC games for 10$ (same as the Xbox 360 XBLA games) . Normally, it's $70 by themselves.

1. DEADLIGHT
2. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
3. Iron Brigade
4. Mark of the Ninja
5. Toy Soldiers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1U ... z35-392-20
VR: Bal-bados, Angelan, ALL.
See you on IRC! Server: EFNET Channel: #VIRTUALON
Virtual-On Videos from Japan, NA, & EU http://www.youtube.com/xneoken
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Not exactly game-related, but here is an iomega ix2 NAS for $79.99 after coupon code EMCXVWR58.

iomega 35887 StorCenter ix2 Network StorageImage
Form Factor: Desktop Port RJ-45: 1 x 10/100/1000M Port USB: 1 x USB2.0 HDD Interface: 2 x 3.5" Easy-Swap SATA-II Hard Disk Drives Supported Protocols: CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP Operating System: PC Users: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 (all versions - exclusive of XP 64 bit for Personal Cloud) Mac Users: Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.7 Linux Users Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5 Desktop/Workstation, Ubuntu 7.10 - 10.10, Fedora 7/8, Processor: Marvell 6282 CPU at 1.6GHz Default/ Max. Memory: 256MB DDR3 DRAM
MentholMoose
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set for Xbox 360 is down to $69.99 with free shipping at Amazon.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: twistedsymphony

Post by twistedsymphony »

HA! I was just looking through this thread and realized This is the same unit I bought!

It was for sale in the same town where I work, don't worry I'm taking good care of it :D
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Awesome! Any special plans for it? Restoring, modding for VOOT, etc?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw your thread about it.

Recently picked up a VO OM 2-player Arcade Machine
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

I just saw this earlier today:

Twice what I paid for mine but it looks to be really clean. with the exception of a little yellowing in the plastics I don't see anything wrong with it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-VIRTUA-ON- ... 257be906df

Starting bid of $1500 but the key here is the guy is offering freight shipping (though I'd hate to see what that would cost).
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

twistedsymphony wrote:Starting bid of $1500 but the key here is the guy is offering freight shipping (though I'd hate to see what that would cost).
Any idea of the cost based on your experience? I've had something large and heavy shipped freight before, and it wasn't too bad... however, that item fit nicely on a standard pallet, unlike a deluxe VO machine.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

I would venture a guess that you'd be looking at $500-$800 for shipping charges depending on distance.

It couldn't hurt to send him a question and ask for a quote.
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

twistedsymphony wrote:I would venture a guess that you'd be looking at $500-$800 for shipping charges depending on distance.

It couldn't hurt to send him a question and ask for a quote.
It was mainly theoretical. Unfortunately I don't have space for a cabinet right now. :cry:

Also I wouldn't want to spend $2000+ for an OMG cab. I'd rather track down a Ver.5.2 cab at a local arcade and try to buy it. There used to be quite a few, and I imagine there are still some left. Or maybe I could track down the Ver.5.66 cab that used to be at Arcade Infinity (and was once on eBay for $2500), 10 minutes from my house.
MentholMoose
twistedsymphony
Virtual-On Positive

I've never seen any VO OT cab in person... they were never officially imported. I know there were a small number of 5.4s imported on the west cost but AFAIK the 5.66 cab at Arcade Infinity was the only one in the country.

I'm kind of torn on my setup... I'm a fan of OT but I've never been a huge OMG fan... I'd love to have a legit 5.66 cab but I don't really see that ever happening unless I win the lottery.... I could probably build my cab into a convincing OT setup but that would require bastardizing what I've got :-/