Bragging Rights Oratan Tournament Summer 09

Tournament info goes here!!
Mkz717

Re: Bragging Rights Oratan Tournament Summer 09

Post by Mkz717 »

For the difficulty of being able to play with you for I not to have XBOX360 ... I can give my opinion.

Previously I was playing a game on line of Macross/Robotech... (MACROSS VOXP, an interesting game in his level of physics on having moved with the plane/valkyirie)

I have been a champion a time of these events. (I played 3 finals of 4 tilts that I took part)

1) The combats will be maximum 5 combats (wins the one who conquers 3 times), the time and other details as the stages to using, these will be to choice of the players.
2) The combats are coordinated by the players, THE BEST FORM OF TO AGREE BETWEEN 2 PLAYERS IS SPEAKING. CONTACT YOU WITH YOUR ADVERSARY.
3) If one or two players that having published a corresponding match for a certain date, a player stays away, the player will be able to ask for an extension(another date for another match) but he will not be able to ask for another opportunity.

I can realize the picture of the tournament and choose freely the adversaries.
But they must register here.

What thinks you about my idea?
M k z 7 1 7 (VON.net's Alias: Markinhus)
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Any updates on this?
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
VR-Eli
Gamertag: Mintzaigar

Post by VR-Eli »

Alright, sorry for the wait everyone. Tournament is go!!

Here are the contestants, this list is final! Sorry for anyone else who wanted in, but we'll have more (and hopefully better organized) tourneys later.

--gamertag--/--username--
+ Mintzaigar / VR-Eli
+ Feixaq / feixaq
+ Lt Testament / Testament/Seven7 (whoops was on auto-pilot)
- KoOpaMan520 / Tim
- Squeak MK2 / Squeak
- ThGreenTentacle / Ed
- PaperNinjaOri / Carlos
+ The Cosmos Owl / rsrkdo
+ Gekirou / Oolong
+ Jinsai Toda
+ ChaRaa
+ JohnxII / JohnxII
+ Schooly D / Schooly D
+ DaveRudolph / DeepInTheHops
+ MentholMo0se / Menthol Moose
+ CrazyDazed / CRAZYDAZED
+ Mechazoidal / mechazoidal
+ FreeScotland / max99
+ Zaarock / Zaarock
+ AnikingVOOT / AnikingVOOT
+DeltastrikeX / DeltastrikeX
+neoKEN360 / neoKEN

Tournament will be Round Robin Only! Sorry, I don't feel like doing a bracket. If there are ties, we'll go from there.

The way this will work is you will message one of the competitors to arrange a match. Once you arrange a match, setup a Xbox Live Party and go to a Party Lobby in VOOT. Rules are Best 2 out of 3 Matches with 2 out of 3 Rounds in each match. Time limit is 80 seconds. You're allowed to change VR's after each Match. First to 2 Match wins is the winner. If you win that set of matches, you get a point for the victory and you can go one and find the next person on the list you need to compete against. You will continue to do this until you've fought 21 people. Once you've fought everyone, report your win lose record to me @ mintzaigar -at- gmail.com or PM me.

I have created an Adobe Acrobat pdf worksheet to help you keep track. http://home.earthlink.net/~michaelmintz ... mmer09.pdf I'm not too familiar with acrobat yet though, so I don't know how to make it a submittable form. But this should help you keep track of things. (with the exception that you can't really save a completed file without Acrobat Pro, sorry :( )

Please remember to save your replays after every match. Make sure to save them with relevant save names so they don't accidentally get deleted.

Please make sure the matches are setup properly. This is largely going to be done based on honor system, so I hope everyone will be sporting. With that said, best of luck to everyone!
Last edited by VR-Eli on 14 Jun 2009, 14:07, edited 2 times in total.
Xbox Gamertag: Mintzaigar
Purple-Tamjin

Post by Purple-Tamjin »

awww! well best of luck to you all and make it fast! I wanna jump into the next one. ;)
Gamering Taga: KyuAzier
feixaq

Post by feixaq »

Eli - nice job putting this together. Looking forward to playing vs. everyone!

MentholMoose - perhaps we could sticky this thread?
feixaq

Post by feixaq »

I just added everybody to my friends list.

Eli - I think FreeScottland / max99 should be FreeScotland (one 't')? Otherwise it says user doesn't exist on XBL.
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

Ack, I think I played some matches without being aware of the tournament.

Edit: I think I got this. Can't wait to play with you all!
DeepInTheHops
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: DaveRudolph

Post by DeepInTheHops »

Me too. Although all that happened was that I lost to DeltastrikeX and anikingVOOT, which would have happened anyway. Hopefully you guys saved the replays!

I should invest in a headset. In addition to being the only guy that can't talk, I only understand maybe 10% of what you guys are saying. It's like listening to 4 people at once in a drive-thru box while the cars around you are blaring their music. :lol:
CRAZYDAZED
Gamertag: Soak a toe

Post by CRAZYDAZED »

Fought DaveRudolph and ChaRaa, saved the replays. GGS!
DeltastrikeX

Post by DeltastrikeX »

So far I have fought:

Wins: charaa, crazydazed, Dave rudolph, lt testament, and schooly D, the cosmos owl. paperninjaori, neoken360, zaarock

Losses: Aniking VOOT

However the only replay I remembered to save was my second match with School D. I'm really sorry it kept slipping my mind. If this is a problem i'll understand. :(
Last edited by DeltastrikeX on 18 Jun 2009, 15:23, edited 3 times in total.
cleaning old internet history as malicious people are using it to track me down. Doubt anybody is reading this anyway. Was fun playing with you all!
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

I've so far lost to AnikingVOOT and DeltastrikeX, and won against Charaa. All replays saved. I'm using a different naming format than i usually use specific to this tournament, it'll help me ID which is which.
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
ChaRaa

Post by ChaRaa »

Updated 6/15

Win: CrazyDazed, Mintzaigar
Losses: DeltastrikeX, AnikingVOOT, lt testament, JohnxII, Mechazoidal, MentholMo0se, Feixaq

Almost half way through the round-robin, or should I say almost got my ass kicked half way through the round-robin? :lol:
I only saved the replays of matches I won, I figure the winners will save theirs anyways. I already have too many replays it's confusing :?
Last edited by ChaRaa on 14 Jun 2009, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.
GT: ChaRaa
ChaRaa

Post by ChaRaa »

Just another idea about the tournament. Perhaps after round robin, first 8 can have brackets tournaments for final? Dont' think I'll get there but it would be more dramatic. :)
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

ChaRaa wrote:Just another idea about the tournament. Perhaps after round robin, first 8 can have brackets tournaments for final? Dont' think I'll get there but it would be more dramatic. :)
I agree, round-robins are sort of lacking in the drama and excitement department.

Why not let everyone into the bracket? We have 22 people right now (we might have fewer at the end since some people might just stay out of contact), but single-elimination brackets are easy to make for any number of competitors. This generator demonstrates this: http://www.crowsdarts.com/brackets/playoff-chart.html
feixaq

Post by feixaq »

Played a couple of matches today:

Win vs. Lt Testament
Losses vs. Mechazoidal, The Cosmos Owl, Schooly D, and AnikingVOOT
ChaRaa

Post by ChaRaa »

Why not let everyone into the bracket? We have 22 people right now (we might have fewer at the end since some people might just stay out of contact), but single-elimination brackets are easy to make for any number of competitors. This generator demonstrates this: http://www.crowsdarts.com/brackets/playoff-chart.html
I do like round robin, got me to play with everyone. Perhaps we can combine both and use round robin to determine the brackets berth spot like the playoffs? eg: last place face first place in the bracket, second last place face the second, and so on... That way we can make sure we have good quality brackets instead of random.
The downside to this is everything will take a long while until we have the champion.
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Schooly D »

ChaRaa wrote:
I do like round robin, got me to play with everyone. Perhaps we can combine both and use round robin to determine the brackets berth spot like the playoffs? eg: last place face first place in the bracket, second last place face the second, and so on... That way we can make sure we have good quality brackets instead of random.
The downside to this is everything will take a long while until we have the champion.
That's what I was suggesting. Using the round-robin results to seed people for the playoff bracket.
rsrkdo

Post by rsrkdo »

Hey guys, just browsing here. I think I tried adding everyone who was on the Tourney List on here.

So far I have my wins against: Feixaq, Lt. Testament
And my losses against: Schooly D, Mechazoidal, AnikingVOOT, Deltastrike X.

I had a few unofficial matches with MentholMoose last night, and I guess I should just add him to my list of losses.

Anyway, I'm gonna be on today for break and maybe later tonight.

See you on the battlefield.
GAMERTAG: The Cosmos Owl
AIM: rsrkdo
"Do it all at the same time!"
feixaq

Post by feixaq »

rsrkdo - did we play last night? or was it some other day? I don't remember playing vs you, unless you were under a different username/gamertag...
rsrkdo

Post by rsrkdo »

feixaq wrote:rsrkdo - did we play last night? or was it some other day? I don't remember playing vs you, unless you were under a different username/gamertag...
Lol, I should change my name on here, eh? I'm "The Cosmos Owl".
GAMERTAG: The Cosmos Owl
AIM: rsrkdo
"Do it all at the same time!"