Team Battle or Tower Challenge

Tournament info goes here!!
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Re: Team Battle or Tower Challenge

Post by Porcupine »

Something to keep in mind is that we told the Japanese players nothing about our plans for this Team Battle. They saw the picture, had a laugh, and that was it. So they are doing a lot of speculating. They don't know we had the multiple VR rule in place since the beginning, and think we did that to fill in for the missing players. They also may not understand the results of Schooly's winter tournament. They may not know it was double elimination.

My imagination now yields the following wild guesses for that gibberish:

"This team B is beaten Bukkake ass in oversized rice paddle in phantom Po Tong's" (Google translate) --> "Team B and PhantomPhoton got its ass whooped?" (English)

"Please remember to let Shamanic fight...Things might have been different if MentholMoose had been on the other team."

"Maybe this would have been the natural result of the previous tournament if bloodthirsty KATENASASOSU had not showed up and ruined it." (Or KATENASASOSU is bloodthirsty to kill MentholMoose because he said Menthol gave him a scare in the tournament).

Don't know why they keep mentioning Seabass Hunter but they had been saying that for Schooly's tournament too.

"I wouldn't have done that [padding team B with extra VR]. Probably would have traded Porcupine to the other team."
Schooly D
Virtual-On Positive
Gamertag: Schooly D

Post by Schooly D »

Ouch. Thanks for the translations. If I had known they'd be watching and judging, I would have put in more effort.
Made in Malaysia by Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
shamanic_beat
Virtual-On Positive

Post by shamanic_beat »

I don't think kicking one's ass is a saying in Japanese.

Also it's Four Heavenly Kings, not Four Kings, Porcupine. Four Kings is something we aren't awesome enough to be yet.
Palmpoa
Gamertag: Palmpoa

Post by Palmpoa »

Schooly D wrote:Ouch. Thanks for the translations. If I had known they'd be watching and judging, I would have put in more effort.
Nonsense they have your performance at Vector Strike 2 to judge.

Also I would like to join but I do not think I am good enough for tower.

Code: Select all

16.33 (.021)
21 VR...
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

I don't know how carefully they watch these videos. I doubt they watched Vector Strike. In my opinion our team battles were close. It's hard to judge videos due to the quality.

There is no pressure to perform in Tower Challenge, but true you shouldn't be in our main Tower. You are still welcome to challenge it, and if we can get enough western players you'd be perfect in a second Tower. Not all the Japanese players are invincible. I expect us to stop most of them, especially because matches will be 1 game sets.
PhantomPhotonX
Virtual-On Positive

Post by PhantomPhotonX »

I will make sure to actually practice for the tower battle, as apparently going in without practice is a bad idea. I also was not as focused as I should have been (had quite a lot going on that day). Next time I will try to provide a better challenge.

With that said, I plan to be online for the next few weekends for some matches and will look for some of you there!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
- Confucius
Palmpoa
Gamertag: Palmpoa

Post by Palmpoa »

-
Last edited by Palmpoa on 30 Jul 2016, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

16.33 (.021)
21 VR...
Porcupine
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Porcupine »

It's been about 3 months and the Dragon Ball team battle tournament just ended. Amusingly, the results of their tournament almost mirrored what we did throughout our Team Battle and Tower Challenge, including the fuzzy rules and miscommunication. Kind of what I was expecting. I chose that picture for a reason.

Except that it works better if you switch me and Zaarock. I was Goku, and Zaarock was Vegeta (who did the best in my opinion). Exorcet and FlyExponent are both Piccolo, as pictured. VarryoChoco and holystarofdeath are Majin Buu, as pictured. Shamanic Beat is the small dude, as pictured. Schooly's Cypher is the purple dude, as pictured. Instead of PPX being the blue guy though, it was Schooly's Apharmd C. PPX in turn becomes the yellow bear, with DaveRudolph not joining us. Since MentholMoose didn't show up, all of Schooly and PPX duplicate VRs become the other characters.

The events and parallels:

1) Majin Buu is disqualified for being an idiot and not knowing how to write his name.
1) holystarofdeath shows up for Tower Challenge and contributes at first, but eventually disobeys the rules and got kicked from the party. Varryo doesn't show up to either event.

2) Goku, perhaps not fighting at full power, beats the yellow bear in the first match of Team Battle.
2) Porcupine (Temjin) beats PPX (Specineff) substituting for DaveRudolph (Specineff) in the first match of Team Battle.

3) Goku loses to the blue guy, who is probably the 2nd strongest guy on that team.
3) Porcupine (Temjin) loses to Schooly (Apharmd C)

4) Piccolo loses to blue guy in the exact same way
4) Exorcet (Raiden) loses to Schooly (Apharmd C)

5) Controversy occurs as blue guy is discovered to minorly cheat. Making no sense at all, it is determined that Piccolo loses anyway and is eliminated. Blue guy is allowed to continue as before. Goku is allowed to re-enter the tournament at a later time of his choosing.
5) Somebody whines that Schooly cheats with glitches so Porcupine (Fei-Yen) gets reinstated to possibly fight at a later time.

6) Vegeta demands to be next, says he will crush the blue guy, and crushes him.
6) Zaarock (Cypher) declared himself the next participant, and beat Schooly (Apharmd C)

7) Vegeta sweeps most of the entire remaining team, struggling slightly with the robot
7) Zaarock (Cypher) sweeps the rest of Schooly's team. Closest fight is with PPX (Temjin). Also lost to Moose in Schooly's winter tournament.

8) Vegeta finally loses to the purple guy
8) Zaarock (Fei-Yen) lost a match to Schooly (Cypher) at the closing of Tower Challenge

9) Goku fights a much longer match with the purple guy, but eventually gives up and loses as well.
9) Porcupine (Fei-Yen) lost a match to Schooly (Cypher) at the closing of Tower Challenge. Also fought in Schooly's winter tournament. Schooly completes the Tower! Or does he?

10) Small dude fights purple guy. Small dude turned out to be a joke character. Annoyed at the fuzzy rules, purple guy lost interest and left. Team Goku wins.
10) Shamanic never got a chance to fight in Team Battle. He participated in Tower but left before Schooly's challenge. Since he is undefeated, Team Porcupine/Zaarock won.